Thread: Close to coming out but I don't trust my feeling

Close to coming out but I don't trust my feeling

I almost came out 1.5 years ago but got scared and tried being a male again

I met with a new gender therapist and I am trying to figure out how to tell my wife.

When I start thinking about becoming a female I cant help my genitals being aroused by the thought even though it doesnt feel like it inside my head

When this happens I cant help but think Im wanting to do this to live out a fantasy and I don't know if I am thinking irrationally or my male hormones are clouding my thoughts and making me feel this way

I am at a loss of what to do

Silver Member
    You ARE doing what you should do - working with a therapist.
    Lea

Being honest and sharing these feelings with your therapist are the best things you can do.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Banned Read only
    Katrina,
    The whole process takes time, some of those feelings will finally guide you to which way you need to go, obviously if they continue you'll know transition isn't for you , the medical system won't rush the process partly because of the point you raise .

Aspiring Member
    Reflecting back on my past - when I just started to cross dress as an adult (about 15 years ago), I had some of those feelings. At that time, I don't think I had much of a dysphoria, more like a desire. Thoughts of any transition didn't come to my mind at all. That phase is long gone. What has changed, is not as much as desire to be a woman but more of an issue of staying who I am. It is when I started feeling sad and depressed, I realized that I started having a gender dysphoria, and thus the understanding I need to do something about it.
    Last edited by Katya@; 08-24-2017 at 07:50 PM.