Thread: Oh No , what have I just done !!

Banned Read only

Oh No , what have I just done !!

So I'm in the throws of moving house, finally decluttering.

I've been able to move my female items and store them decently but in the process had to go through the old things I'm never going to wear. Some old wigs a few shoes and old items discarded by my wife which I'm never going to wear again. Everything went in one bag intending to have a final sort through before disposing of them in suitable places. Instead in my haste I scooped it all up and took it to my recycle centre. I knew I could sort it there without anyone knowing what I was disposing of , the problem was all the bins were full so the attendants told me to leave the bag and they would sort it. I agreed but on my way home it hit me when I remembered the wigs thrown in the bag, OH BOY ! What are they going to make of those ??
    I'm a regular at the centre and it's controlled by vehicle recognition by the local council, so when someone checks in their name and address is displayed on a screen to prevent people not paying their local council tax from using the centre, the bag I used was a bright pink one issued for overflow at Xmas time .

My answer would be forget it as they will assume it was your spouse or some other female in your family that was clearing out their wardrobe. My best one was dumping an old pair of silicone forms, now that probably did raise some eyebrows, lol.
    Carole

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

So let's look at the relevant parts wife wigs recyle/ trash collection. You were or are married and you disposed if some old wigs from your house. Or 1 of 1000 or possibilities that dont come to he is a crossdresser

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You have to pay a tax to recycle? Thats odd.
    They monitor your car too thats really odd.

Banned Read only
    Tracii,
    We pay local council tax for amenities including recycle centres , we can then use them for free 7 days a week but they are carefully monitored to hit the government targets. Only tax payers within the council area are allowed to use them if registered within our county, it helps control the possibility of dangerous items being dumped and contaminating the recycle centres. The downside is it encourages fly tipping elsewhere, last week someone had dumped a truck load of asbestos sheeting in a layby, so the local tax payers still have to pay to have it disposed of .

I still have a vision of the guys at the centre having fun with the wigs, does "Any which way but lose " film come to mind ?

Here in the states we drop a bag at the Goodwill and they thank us with words as well as a piece of paper that we use to lower our taxes for that year. I have never heard of a local council tax and the usage of vehicle recognition to make donations. Interesting...

A few years ago I dropped off a CPL bags. I went back to my car for another bag. Upon returning I saw ayoung man going through the bag then re-close it and walk out to his car with both bags. I followed him to his car. We chatted briefly and he said that the clothes were for him. I asked what size heels he wore. Ifound some old heels in his size and went back.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Irving View Post
    Here in the states we drop a bag at the Goodwill and they thank us with words as well as a piece of paper that we use to lower our taxes for that year. I have never heard of a local council tax and the usage of vehicle recognition to make donations. Interesting...
    In my fair city the dump is for local residents. Driver's licenses or utility bills are checked to make sure somebody not paying local taxes doesn't get to use the facility. Although, the recycling center for metals, plastic and paper is open without restrictions.

As far of Teresa's issue. If you're out and about and appearing as a woman about the village you really should not care??? Sometime the final break will be made.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I believe you're over thinking this one, Teresa----
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Lots of women have wigs Teresa, I am sure no one will think anything of it
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Last time I disposed of something, I did not have to- Show picture ID. Have my name on my trash. Have it visually inspected by the trash police. I have yet to see a hazardous material tag, on a wig. No recycling center that I have seen, has a bin marked old crossdressers shoes. Or ripped nylons for that matter. They will recycle old press-on nails, provided that you cleaned the glue off before you tossed them into their container marked press on nails. I'd add more, but I'm laughing too hard at the moment.
    I don't dress up because I want to be a woman, I dress up to make me happy.

Dumped loads at the local authority recycling facilities and never had a problem. They are all covered by the UK privacy laws. Number plate recognition is primarily there in case people are dumping things like asbestos. Your wigs are not going to pose a hazard to public health.

At our local recycling center, they have the option of checking IDs! The reason is you have to live outside the city to use them as the city has it's own recycling thing going on! I go so often that they know me and the car! They just asked where I live the first time I went there! Just my $0.02! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Read only
    I'm sure we've all had these, "What have I done moments ! " I was hoping others might relate to silly mistakes like this, I know there's no harm done.

Sometimes I have to laugh at the replies, I never suggested the wigs were hazardous waste, it's just that I never intended them to be taken to a recycle centre. Interesting point if they do get recycled , might start a new trend at these centres.

Stephanie is right of course if and when my future plans happen, I just have to be patient until my house sells .

Aspiring Member
    I get those "What have I done?" moments from time to time. In my business, I generate a fair amount of sensitive trash. It is mostly stuff governed by privacy laws. I often get the feeling that I may have sent something out that I will need to have again someday.

As for fees for dumping and recycling, my city charges a US ten dollar fee for dumping a load. Residents who can prove both residency and having paid their current monthly trash pickup fee, are exempt. There are itemized fees also for certain items, wooden fence posts, for example. There is a municipal recycling fee. These fees are negotiated by the municipal employees union as part of their collective bargaining agreement. I must show ID at the landfill, along with formal declaration of the load's contents, much like a Customs declaration, and at the recycling center, intended to discourage illegal stuff and to limit nonresidents from using the facilities.

There is an ongoing debate as to whether these fees encourage people to dump in the nearby wilderness. Everyone knows that, when they dump in the wilderness, they had better remove anything identifiable from the trash. The fines are enormous enough ( and public shaming ) to make it worth the police time to sift through such trash.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Best wishes and good luck with your move Teresa!

By the way I'm startled to read about your local council's security measures. How long I wonder till we're all forced to register for facial recognition? - it's a small step from what you've described. That should make crossdressing even more interesting...
    I used to have a short attention spa

Platinum Member
    Well, it is a recycling center. Hope it all goes to good use

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Teresa, don't put too much worry into this. Someone might be concerned that a family member may have lost the fight with cancer which had treatment consequences that required wigs. I get that same 'what have i done' feeling every now and then. Like the last time I cruised around the neighborhood and noticed that a majority of the houses, mine included, have security cameras that look up and down the streets where I take my morning strolls. Anymore, I just don't care.
    As a friend of mine used to say, "They can kill you but, they can't eat you!"
    I have no idea what that means but, when I say it around people, they wholeheartedly agree.

Hmmm? Pay and show ID to donate. I sure hope that doesn't catch on here.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Teresa what is done is done, in the meantime you can "wiggle" your butt Lol that way nobody will notice you are not wearing a wig, however it was annoying to have ditched them. here the only controls in place at the recycling centres is that everybody has to have a card which registered to their address and can only be used within a certain radius of where they live

Reality Check
    Only the government would insist that citizens recycle and then give them a hard time about it!

My city discontinued recycling saying it cost more than they were getting for it. Now we just put recyclable items in with the trash and garbage.

We have second hand stores where we can take useable items like furniture and clothing. The sad part is, some of these places just bundle up clothes and sell them for rags.

As for Goodwill, it's a "for profit" company so if I have anything good to donate I take it to a charity that provides clothes for people who need good clothes so they can get a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    As for Goodwill, it's a "for profit" company so if I have anything good to donate I take it to a charity that provides clothes for people who need good clothes so they can get a job.
    Actually, Goodwill is an American non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization.

Banned Read only
    If you note Krisi put "For profit" in parentheses. Yes, Goodwill is a 501(c)(3). However, in my area the Goodwill stores tend to overprice a lot of the items. My wife constantly complains about it. There are other charities in my area that have volunteer labor, smaller stores or just racks in their offices, that offer at no charge clothing to women re-entering the work force. I know Goodwill has a corporate mission, but, it is too top heavy with corporate executives and their salaries.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I don't see how Goodwill can be a non profit because you know they are making money.
    The money they get from selling items is pure profit.
    Now they do have to handle the items and pay employees to work the stores.
    Non profit? I don't think so LOL

When I've dropped off my excess stuff, much of it includes girl stuff. Mom's old belongings, and my sister's as well. I don't think anyone at a clothing recycling center pays any attention to who's throwing out what, as long as it doesn't include body parts!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    I'm just siting back and watching the meanders this thread is taking !

Just to add a footnote , maybe the US members don't know our system but the country is divided up into counties, I live in one of the smallest called Rutland, it has one of the most successful recycle schemes in the country. Anyone in the county can get a permit which is registered to the vehicle and backed up by the recognition to the householder to ensure that only council tax payers in Rutland can use the centres. Each county has their own system but some aren't controlled as well and they are the ones that have the worse record on fly tipping . It's only 15 minutes drive away for me in fact we have two of similar distance and I have taken tons of stuff in my car and trailer. Most items will be recycled including the wigs !!