Thread: Some days...

Some days...

Is there ever a day that goes by that you don't think like a woman/ girl or wished you were one, of course for more then just the body parts, which can be a bonus or hinderance once a month. Obviously being a guy has its advantages, like body mass from muscle and not just excess weight. The world does look at women sometimes as inferior, but that would only be in some labor intensive jobs.
    Kinda at a cross roads, It would be cool to have the girly girl advantage, but then, some days, its just easier being a guy.......

Pretty in Pink

Um yeah until one retires and then it seems to be better as a girl. Holly molly lived as a male for sixty years. Would like to be fem for the next thirty.
    Part Time Girl

I have no idea how women think so I believe most of the days that go by I do not think like a woman.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I feel I should be a woman and that I was born in the wrong body but I accept I was born a genetic male and there is not much I can do about it.
    Sometimes friends accuse me of thinking like a woman.
    Kind of sexist to call women inferior because who ran England for years?
    Women run for President and have run countries,been CEO's of large corporations so saying the world in general thinks of women as inferior isn't factual at all.
    I worked with women truck drivers and heavy equipment operators so they can do work just like a man.
    You are at a position where you are questioning who or what you are and thats good because you will have to decide eventually.
    You are still young and searching for answers so have fun.

I don't think like a woman or want to be one. I just want to be left alone to wear the clothes that I like.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I used to want to be one. But, after receiving my female suit, it's ALL about looks and body parts for me!

IMG_3096 (618x640).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I just want to be me! Male/female or whatever! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I just want to be myself and happy.

While I often have the desire to be a girl, that's most simply a reaction to wanting to feel my body and feelings match. OTOH, I do enjoy the benefits of being a tall, white, male. Now I'm not saying tall, white and male is better than being anything else, I'm just saying that there is a obviously a benefit to being one, and since I have to put up with the gender dysphoria, I may as well enjoy the perks of having to live my life as something that I don't necessarily want to be. Louis CK explains it, here: https://youtu.be/Xk6nQ7WM0iM?t=1m57s
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 08-24-2017 at 05:11 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Reality Check
    Some strange thoughts in that post.

I have many days where I don't think like a woman or wish I was one. I doubt I ever think like a woman and you don't either because you don't really know how a woman thinks. For that matter, just like men, not all women think alike anyway.

As for the world looking at women as inferior, this is true in some cultures but not western culture.

As far as being at a crossroads, you are not. You are a male and there's not a lot you can do about it. Spending time wishing you were a female is not going to make it happen.

I've never thought women were inferior to men. Growing up my mom did house chores and had three hot meals daily prepared even during the cotton growing season. She would get up way before the rest of us would, cook a full big breakfast, then go to the cotton patch with all of us wearing a bonnet. We all would chop weeds out of the cotton till noon. We'd go home and mom would fix a giant dinner, we'd all eat and usually the only help she had was we would all take turn helping to dry the dishes after she washed them. Every one took a nap till about three and then we'd head back to the field and pull and chop weeds till nearly sundown. Mom would go home we all took a bath and mom would have a giant supper made around seven. Beef we had raised, milk she helped milk from a cow, and usually vegetables such as peas, and various other garden crops, that she gathered and was responsible for.
    Don't tell me the female is inferior to males.
    Now with all that said yes the majority of females and males are inferior to yesterday's folks. Too many have lost how to survive without the modern things we have today. Mom wore girdles, she wore thick bras, she wore hose to church every Sunday and tall high heels. She taught a Bible class, and still raised us snotty old boys plus my dad to be the men and daddies we all turned out to be.
    I'll agree after writing this that some or mostly every day it's easier being a guy. Course when was growing up there were not many girly girls. JMHO.

My wife says that my mind and the way I think fits somewhere in between a man and a woman. One day I remember her saying "you really don't think like a guy" and I am thinking oh no this is not going to be a good talk. But while it wasn't a good one, it wasn't a horrible one either. She also stated I don't think like a woman either, and surprisingly she said she sometimes wished I would think more like one, but then of course added she also wished I would act less of one.

I often wonder that life might have been better had I been born female. I am not certain it would, who knows I may have felt a frustration of being a woman similarly as I do being born male. An easy answer would be to try living as a woman to see how it feels and if it is better. The reality (for me) is that with as much time on the books as a man and the life I have, making such a change would be while in many ways beneficial to me I am sure, but disastrous in other ways most likely. I still solidly feel to this day that even though life may be better as woman, to attempt to do so now would cause greater hardship than remaining as a man, or at least living as one externally. So, my current path in life is just about trying to roll with it, not dismissing my feelings, but accepting that staying as I am or changing, both are difficult, and my gut feeling is that changing to or at least living as female would be harder in the big picture. Perhaps had I explored this 30 years ago I might be living a vastly different life, but not truly certain of that either.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Some strange thoughts in that post.

I have many days where I don't think like a woman or wish I was one. I doubt I ever think like a woman and you don't either because you don't really know how a woman thinks. For that matter, just like men, not all women think alike anyway.
    As for the world looking at women as inferior, this is true in some cultures but not western culture.

As far as being at a crossroads, you are not. You are a male and there's not a lot you can do about it. Spending time wishing you were a female is not going to make it happen.

I guess just like your profile says " reality check"
    Boom.
    But women look at the world a bit different then guys do, guys don't go out and get " catcalled", most places in North America we don't have to worry about any of that weird unwanted sexual harassment.....

As for the inferior thing, im not saying like 1920's, its just still this day in age there are still physical limitations to what some people can do. We put suspension pieces in cars all day, its not light work, and every woman that they have put in our area is injured within a couple months then moved elsewhere in the plant......

Pretty in Pink

Banned Read only
    Race,
    These thoughts do happen sometimes , more so in the past. Now I just feel it's part of me, OK some days the male side may surface more than others but as I intend to separate and live dressed more those feelings should be a thing of the past, but I'm not that naive to think it will be 100%.

Just to take up Krisi's point I'm a combination of male with female traits, my thinking fluctuates between the two, I can't truly say how a woman or a man thinks all I can say is this is how I think with the way my brain is wired . Please consider we are all different and don't fit in the same box as you, you make black and white statements which only apply to you and not every member here .

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Irving View Post
    I have no idea how women think so I believe most of the days that go by I do not think like a woman.
    Lol! Truth!!

Did you hear about the guy who finally figured out how women think?
    He died laughing before he could tell anyone.

Platinum Member
    I have no illusions about being a woman or having "girly girl" advantages,whatever they might be. And having been born XY, it remains impossible for me to assume that my thought processes are male or female. Most of the stereotypical attributes assigned to one or another seem pretty interchangeable.

That being said, wishing I were a woman is a far cry from being one. I grew up watching women work from before sunup to after sundown, bear kids without a break, and do it all with "partners" who were more or less faithful. I don't see femininity or womanhood as some idyllic fairly land. The women I knew and know had it hard and worked hard to get out of bad situations.