Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pantyhose and/or nylons

Six strap garter belt with metal clasps plus fishnets.

Fishnet stockings are so sexy and so wearable. They are comfortable and robust and they don't ladder easily.

I can wear them all day without realising that I am wearing a garter belt plus stockings.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I overheat very easily. When I started hitting the clubs, loosing the hose was a no brainer. As already mentioned, none of the women wear them, especially in da club. Just seemed like the way to be comfortable and fit in. It quickly became my new normal. As I age it may be time to reconsider.

Thigh highs and a good garter belt is always the way to go. They look absolutely sexy and are a convenience in restrooms.

I can only wear so many nylon stockings and pantyhose

So there I was enjoying skimming through the forums, contemplating a post asking how many of you enjoyed the feeling of wearing pantyhose, tights, or stockings.

I was wearing a pair of sheer L'eggs brand, Everyday Regular, Nude sheer toe pantyhose, vintage 80's style high leg (french cut) black exercise trunks, black slouch socks, white women's Rebok sneakers, and a very snug black Jagermeister sleeveless t-shirt.

I saw this post and thought why reinvent the wheel I'll just peruse the responses to get my answer that way.

In guy mode I tend towards either barefoot and shoe less, sandals, or tube socks with shoes or work boots. No big Whoop.

En Femme... that runs the gamut. Bare foot, Ankle socks, slouch socks, Knee Highs, Thigh highs (gartered and not), pantyhose, leggings and tights. I personally love the feeling of a gentle caress from a skirt, dress, or a tender hand against the skin taut material. It can send shivers of pleasure up and down my body. I love the way my legs look in hosiery, and like being told they look better than some GGs. Personally, I think more GGs should wear skirts and dresses with heels and hose. But that's me.

Then I saw the response from ~Joanne~, regarding some peoples discomfort wearing tights and pantyhose.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Joanne~ View Post
    This is a pretty common lie.
    A "misconception" for the uninitiated, who have never truly "shaved" and pampered their legs before slipping into a set of high quality hosiery.

A "mis-perception" based on poor experience(s) either from the preparation or the final outcome. Bad reaction to shaving or dilatory creams, waxing, whatever. Purchasing the wrong size, etc. Time and effort involved to get ones legs hairless, or not.

Maybe it's uncomfortable on their pocketbook, in that they personally can not justify the expenditure of what for them may be a one use, disposable, luxury item.

Maybe they just don't like the look of their legs in sheer hosiery.

Regardless to say its a lie, is rather harsh.

it's one of the many excuses used to describe wearing pantyhose or not wearing them in this case
    Whatever anybody's reason for wearing or not wearing, a certain piece of attire or full outfit, it's their choice. We may not agree, but that's life and free will.

those of us that do wear them don't feel they are uncomfortable in the least
    For those in your circles that maybe true, but I personally don't always agree with that statement.

When it's hot and muggy out they can be damn uncomfortable, but then again so is anything else I have on my legs at the time.

Brand, quality, construction, & material all play a role in ones perception of comfort. I love the way my legs look and feel while wearing Peavy (aka Tamara, Calendar Girl, Hooters) Brand pantyhose, but initially the material to me feels very rough and slightly uncomfortable. While on the other hand slipping into my Gerbe Futura Tights from France is tantamount to a mini-orgasm along my legs.

how can this be a true statement?
    It's not, its an opinion.
    We all have them.
    This response is mine.
    Care to discuss further, please message me privately.

Fudge-bunnies, I wrote a lot.
    *wanders back into the shadows*

Junior Member Beauty Parlor Bev's Avatar
    I am fortunate enough to be able to shave completely year round, so I love to show my legs in the warmer months when they are all nice and tan and I have a cute pedicure for the world to see. But when the cooler month's arrive, NOTHING beats the feel of rolling a pair of pantyhose up a freshly shaved leg! I love the swish of a dress or skirt over the material, wonderful! The pic is from a few nights ago when it was warm enough to go without, I will post a pic of my legs all nylon encased soon! When I couldn't shave year round. tights were my best friend!

IMG_2985.jpg

I'm a child of the 80's so while I was growing up all the women around me wore nylons...I assume it was pantyhose but who knows ! I've always been partial to wearing pantyhose over thigh hi's and wish they would make a stronger comeback.
    I believe you get what you pay for with pantyhose so I'm not partial to Legg's or No Nonsense and other "drugstore" brands.
    I used to love Victoria's Secret but it's changed and my everyday go to is Hue and Wolford or Donna Karen for special occasions.

Ill wear tights or hose in the Fall and Winter with a dress or skirt, but never with open toed shoes, which to me, isn't a good look.
    When its warmer, its usually dresses or skirts without hose, but I also wear jeans, shorts, leggings, ect where theres no need to wear hose or tights anyway.
    I agree with Juliana, you do get what you pay for. Donna Karen and some other more expensive hosiery I have and like, but Ive also had good luck with a few less expensive store brands.
    I shave and/or wax year around, and always use lotion to keep them soft, it feels nice putting on hose afterwards.
    I will also say that getting regular pedicures and keeping your toenails trimmed and filed in between helps to avoid getting a run in your hose

Platinum Member
    Hi Cheryl , They can have my pantyhose when they cut them off my cold dead body ! ......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

List of given reasons:

1. they bind behind the knees
    2. They are too tight or pinching in the crotch area
    3. they don't stay up
    4. They are too tight in general
    If you're experiencing those problems, then you're buying the wrong size. Use the height/weight charts on the package as a starting point. If they don't fit right as a result of using the chart, try the next size larger or smaller depending on whether they're too loose or tight.
    My name is Carol.

Junior Member pantyhoselvr kendra's Avatar
    At age 10, I used to steal my mothers pantyhose to wear until i got caught. She told me to leave hers alone and started buying me pantyhose and stockings. She allowed me to wear them openly in her home. I have been wearing pantyhose almost every day for 45 years. My wife knew when we were dating and was cool with it. I have been very lucky with the women in my life

Pantyhose everyday for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Julogden View Post
    If you're experiencing those problems, then you're buying the wrong size. Use the height/weight charts on the package as a starting point. If they don't fit right as a result of using the chart, try the next size larger or smaller depending on whether they're too loose or tight.
    I personally am not having those problems, that is a quick list of reasons that most GG's use to describe the reason they refuse to wear hosiery. I, on the other hand, know what My size is and I by a decent brand so these things don't occur. I'm not buying dollar store pantyhose
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

My choice for pantyhose are Wolfords. Yes pricey but it's for me and I want to feel luxurious. Most women haven't a clue about hose so they buy cheap and hate them because they itch. You get what you pay for

Definitely a pantyhose addict! Been wearing them since I was 5 or so.

I also do my part by buying pantyhose and tights
    Your never wrong if you do the right thing

I own a few pantyhose

Not a day goes buy that I don't put on pantyhose.
    I am definitely doing my part to keep the industry going.

It will be a huge problem if they stop making them.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I wore my thigh highs under jeans with my g string to work recently... I had never worn TH's to work, always worried they would slip.. They didn't and it was a wonderfully snug day...

Back in the day I started with panty girdle and stockings. It was pure bliss to feel the tug of the garters on my stocking tops as I walked.

But in my early teens I was very passable and quickly converted over to STW pantyhose to go with the short skirts and dresses. And to this day, although no longer passable, I still wear pantyhose when I dress at home

pantyhose all the way.

Nylon stockings ( RHT , seamed ) and 8 straps garter belts with metal clips . You can find plenty of those on the web these days . When out in the public I always wear those with office outfit .

I gave up on stockings long ago simply because I could not find any for my long legs (37") so now it is hose all the way I have found some that are very comfortable to wear. If I could find stockings in my size I would wear them no doubt about that at all.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Of course in England it is suspenders and stockings or tights. I'm not a great fan of tights but nothing beats putting on a pair of fully fashioned stockings and clipping the suspenders onto them.

No hose or pantyhose means bare legs for me and that means being without a complete outfit.