Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pantyhose and/or nylons

I still note GGs wearing pantyhose! This includes my boss who wears them under her pants! (Saw the waist band when she bent over!) Most don't but many do wear them!I have about a half dozen pairs! Oh, sounds like I need to get some more! Mine have to be support because of my legs! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I have been into (literally & figuratively) pantyhose and stockings since I maybe 10 or 12 years old (now 67). I used to buy the standard brands (Hanes, Berkshire, etc.) at a department store or on-line. About four or five years ago I discovered European-made pantyhose ("tights" as the Brits call them). Wow. What difference. IF you have a pantyhose fetish (guilty) and like slippery feeling PH, try Platino Cleancuts (silicone coated thread), Pretty Polly Nylon line, Cecilia de Rapael, Fiore, Gabriella and many others. The Platino Cleancuts are pretty much in a class by themselves, but Pretty Polly ones come a close second. If you have not tried seamless PH, you should seek out the Cecilia de Rapael ones. They conform to every nook and cranny, an unique and sexy feel. I also have Wolford and Falke PH too. They are excellent, especially Wolford's Neon 40s. The problem with those two brands (German and Austrian) is they are VERY expensive. The Neon 40s go for near $50 a pair. I am new on this forum/site so I am not sure if I can mention the reliable web site where I now shop for those brands. Google Platino Cleancut Red Bank NJ and I think you will find it. There are other sources but the NJ outfit seems very good with rapid shipping.

I am seeing more GG in pantyhose, especially in the winter. A woman in semi-opaque black PH is WAY better than bare legs. They may be slowly coming back in style especially in cooler or colder areas. I don't think you will see many in FL, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Joni T View Post
    Personally I think a woman in a dress or skirt NEEDS stockings for the polished/finished look. Too many women go bare and most of them shouldn't because they don't have Juliet Prowse's legs.
    Jon
    While I'm all for nylons when the time/place/event/outfit/weather calls for it, I'm very glad that bare legs has been the "new" normal for many years. I'm glad that women have a choice to look beautiful without having to be a slave to wearing something they don't particularly like to wear...and because they can do so without having to worry about a man telling them whether their outfit is polished or finished enough for his taste.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I would die for the opportunity to wear Wolfords and Cecilia de Raphaels. Unfortunately, they're way to small for me. For now, I'm content with Berkshire and No Nonsense.

Sorry Sara but I'm with Joni on this one.

Too many times a woman has gone to an effort to really dress up whether it be for work or pleasure and the entire effect is lost due to white, bony, unsightly legs. Very few of the women out there can carry off the "bare" leg look.

In the closet - for now. Shadeauxmarie's Avatar
    I've been hooked on stockings since I was 10. The day I put on a pair my mother threw away. Hanes garter Walking Sheer with their reinforced heel and toe. I do love other nylons, but these are my favorites.
    May you live long and prosper.
    Infinite diversity in infinite combinations.
    "Smiling makes my face ache." F. N. Furter

Quote Originally Posted by Linda E. Woodworth View Post
    Sorry Sara but I'm with Joni on this one.

Too many times a woman has gone to an effort to really dress up whether it be for work or pleasure and the entire effect is lost due to white, bony, unsightly legs. Very few of the women out there can carry off the "bare" leg look.
    And I'm glad to know there are men out there who are the arbiter of whether women can carry the bare leg look.

I guess I'm blessed to live in a place where most women can in fact pull this off.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I'm sure my legs look terrible. Undeniably pantyhose help and they are sexy. On the other hand clean shaven and moisturized legs feel pretty nice under a dress or skirt.

Jan. Thank you for the place is n Jersey. I e mailed them hoping they can fit me.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Heather. In 50+ years of wearing pantyhose I've only had 1 incident. In line at a C-store, I was wearing pantyhose with sandals in drab. Guy behind me "Are you wearing nylons?". Me. No, pantyhose. Guy. Oh. Lady in front of me. Ignore him, I think your feet look sexy in your pantyhose.

Fortunately, many women overseas still love them! It is indeed rare to see GG's in hose, unless seeing church people or high end secretaries and exec women, in big cities. I prefer PH. Have found some named Comfort Choice. Bought some from Roamans online. very soft, comfortable!
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 08-26-2017 at 03:32 PM.

Yes I'm doing my part and caring the torch for my wife who doesn't own a pair and when she does need them, borrows from me. I will keep trying to keep these people working.

I also am doing my part to support the industry.I wear nothing but Leggs sheer energy,they last for ever,if treated right.DSCN2478.jpgDSCN2478.jpg

I'm doing my best to keep No nonsense and Hue in business, they are actually the same business. I like tights, panty hose, leggings, over the knee socks, they all feel good. I will admit I don't wear them in warm weather, then they don't feel so nice.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

I know I'm doing my part to keep the pantyhose industry thriving. Wear the right size and brand, and they are the most comfortable clothing one can buy not to mention how much better they make one's legs look.

When sheer nylon tights were introduced in UK over 50 years ago I (and my wife) found that they were more comfortable than stockings which need a suspender belt to keep them up. When my wife stopped wearing tights, I inherited them and wear them a lot on winter to keep my legs warm. As my wife now mainly wears trousers as every day wear, she wears either knee highs or ankle socks, either sheer 15 den or 40 den in winter.
    It is because most ladies now wear trousers, that they no longer wear tights or stockings . Looking in ladies stores there is not the same range of stockings, either suspender type of thigh high hold ups available as there used to be 10, 20 or more years ago

I have never seen a pair of bare legs that I thought, "yeah, you don't need to wear pantyhose". never. A lot of people fool themselves into thinking they have flawless legs when they don't but ultimately it is a choice and with some leg covering, whether it be pantyhose, tights, or stockings, the legs and feet surely look better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    They are uncomfortable at best.
    This is a pretty common lie. it's one of the many excuses used to describe wearing pantyhose or not wearing them in this case and those of us that do wear them don't feel them are uncomfortable in the least so how can this be a true statement?
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I've seen legs that didn't need hosiery but those same legs look even better with hosiery. Pantyhose were first marketed as a more convenient option to garters or a garter belt, no fasteners. etc. Suspender stockings are a compromise between the two. I find none of them uncomfortable but I do think a garter belt and stockings or suspender stockings are more alluring.

Not a fan of panty hose. They are a pain in terms of logistics at the waist, like in a bathroom stall. Thigh highs look nice but getting the right fit is tough. They slide down without a garter, even if they are designed to stick. There's also something to be said for the feeling of a skirt blowing in the breeze over bare legs.

As a man I don't like panty hose on girls and as a CD I don't like wearing them. I for one would rather see a girls legs then them being covered in anyfhing.

I am a pantyhose lover, I try to use as frecuent as could, is great for me to sleep while wearing them, I like the sensation and make my legs look femenine and beautiful.
    I recognize that if you are not shaved they tend to slip and sag, therefore it is a perfect reason to shave.
    My favorite are Hanes Alive, or some with more compression.
    I can use them everyday while underdressed, or while totally in girl mode. For me are an everyday garment.

New, 'member?
    Maybe its more of a summer thing? I see more during the winter, but, yes I agree overall I see fewer and fewer ladies my age or younger sporting them. I used to have a thing for girls in nylons, but my wife hates them so much (nylons, that is), she's converted me, I like bare legs now. Also, so many cute open toed shoes, you gotta go bare with those. So many ladies looking good at my office building this summer with bare legs and open toe shoes or sandals with slacks, skirts, capris, dresses. Wish I could show off my painted toes and smooth legs, heheheh.

I've been stocking (get it?) up on thin (mostly, or all, merino) wool lady's knee-highs and crews. The thinnest I can find. Nylons just don't breath well. Of course, they don't give that classic look, don't tend to have a slender-ing effect and you can't really see polished toes through them. So, yeah, sometimes, you gotta go with hosiery. I use knee high nylons for skiing as all other socks are too thick for my tastes.

All that said, I'm wearing nylon knee highs ATM. It feels nice slipping them on after I just shaved. The two best parts is putting them on and taking them off.

Fortunately here in England tights seem to still be very popular. Long may it last!
    Plenty of women still wear them, except in summer, which isn't very long here anywhere!
    I really love the feel of wearing them. They were the first thing that got me into CDing.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

I've been doing my part since 1969.
    My name is Carol.

So glad to see so many of you doing your part.

Aspiring Member
    I bought a pair of Wolford over the weekend, I am going to enjoy it.
    Live Today as if it is your last day