Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pantyhose and/or nylons

Reality Check
    "They are uncomfortable at best."

Quote Originally Posted by ~Joanne~ View Post
    ................... This is a pretty common lie. it's one of the many excuses used to describe wearing pantyhose or not wearing them in this case and those of us that do wear them don't feel them are uncomfortable in the least so how can this be a true statement?
    How can you possibly call that a lie? If a person finds pantyhose uncomfortable, who are you to say that they are not? You might not find them uncomfortable yourself but you cannot possibly speak for someone else or know how they feel.

i usually wear nylons when i dress up. especially if i go out. it helps to disguise any scars and gives your legs a nice look. if you buy really cheap pantyhose or in the wrong size, of course they will be uncomfortable. i usually go for hanes silken mist. Ill get nude, suntan, and black. i go to walgreens and get them even in guy mode. people dont care what you buy they have their own lives and have better things on their minds than worrying about a guy buying pantyhose. but i also dont give a **** what other people think so that helps.

They are an essential part of feeling dressed to me although I do have a love /hate relationship, especially when I need to use the restroom. I'm doing my part for Hanes and the Kmart brand - Jaclyn Smith.

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    I think pantyhose are only uncomfortable if you buy a size too small and or you buy 100% nylon cheap hoisery. L'eggs Sheer Energy, sheer to waist have been comfortably on my legs for 34 years. Nothing beats a great pair of L'eggs!
    xxoo
    Jennifer

Silver Member
    No pantyhose for me. at my age (over 80) its just a hassle to put them on. Now thigh highs, yes! i love to roll up a stocking, point my toes and easily slip my foot into the small opening then start to slide it up my leg, across my knee, snug it up to my thigh and enjoy the beautiful lace at the top. If my toes are polished, they shine through the stocking. Repeat with the other foot. Then the donning of panties and the smooth sliding over the stockings as I pull them up into place. Its a beautiful, sensuous feeling that I don't think a pantyhose wearer can experience in the same way. But, to each her own. Que sera, sera.

I personally like thigh highs, but I also have panty hose.
    Part Time Girl

I love to wear pantyhose and stocking I love the feel of them when I wear them.

I wear both come fall and winter everyday or as long as it is cool enough to wear long pants

Luv my sheer energy

My mother had me wear white pantyhose once when I had to dress in the traditional clothing from 1776, powdered wig and all. That is when I started crossdressing, so hell yes I love wearing them.

To me hosiery is a must to feel the most feminine. However when it gets warm like 80 or above I generally don't wear any. This summer in the Pacific Northwest of the US it has stayed unusually warm for long periods of time. So I've gone out many times without hosiery. But I keep my legs hairless, exfoliated and moisturized.

I can't handle shoes of any kind barefoot! However, I do have a few sandals that receive a mulligan.
    Now, we all know the rule that pantyhose and open toe shoes are a big no no... However, even the most pantyhose hating fashionistas will say if you must do pantyhose (like office dress code, and some formal events) that pantyhose and peep toes are fine. That said, I often stretch the hell out of the point as to where the line is drawn between peep and open toes...

Love the Sheer Energy suntan pantyhose. Nothing beats a great pair of L'eggs)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny22 View Post
    No pantyhose for me. at my age (over 80) its just a hassle to put them on. Now thigh highs, yes! i love to roll up a stocking, point my toes and easily slip my foot into the small opening then start to slide it up my leg, across my knee, snug it up to my thigh and enjoy the beautiful lace at the top. If my toes are polished, they shine through the stocking. Repeat with the other foot. Then the donning of panties and the smooth sliding over the stockings as I pull them up into place. Its a beautiful, sensuous feeling that I don't think a pantyhose wearer can experience in the same way. But, to each her own. Que sera, sera.
    Hi Jenny,
    I agree with you except I don't like lace-top nylons, solid welt for me.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

Silver Member
    Growing up I was happy when I got my first pair of nylons. Back then girls wore panty girdles with nylon stockings. After I graduated from high school I bought my first pair of silk stockings. Surprise. they weren't what I thought they would be. Didn't stretch much and didn't give you as smooth a feel as nylons. Top quality nylons were sheer and silky smooth under a slip. I usually wore long leg panty girdles for several years before pantyhose became popular and cheap enough to wear. I remember the time when if you had a run in a leg you cut off that leg and then matched up with another pair with the reverse leg combination. I wore support panty hose for many years. With the new trend of sans hose I eventually joined my women friends. I like the bare leg feel. Don't wear dresses very much, but if I do I don't wear hose except for a rare event. I do use artificial tanning and still have smooth skin on my legs.
    Last edited by lingerieLiz; 09-02-2017 at 10:13 PM.

Aspiring Member
    Cooler weather is coming to the Gulf Coast...fall will arrive...and wearing hosiery much more comfortable. Can't wait.

In Portland last week I wore thigh high nylons or pantyhose most of the week...lovely...

I have always been a fan of hose. While the stockings and guarders look great, I kinda prefer the feel of a control top - keeps everything smooth and for the most part in place. I totally agree that it is a shame that shear hose are out of style. I do like a nice soft pair of tights, but I keep holding out hope against hope that the shear style will come back into fashion. A girl can hope can't she....

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I'm with you Sarahcrossed... Shopping for ones feminine necessities in drab should be (and in almost all cases) is a nonissue. It used to be a big deal for me, but now I'm like no one really gives a shit what I'm buying and if they even notice, why do I care what a stranger thinks. However, it would be a lie to say that my heart doesn't beat at least a little faster every time I'm at that check out counter with some pantyhose or nail polish.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    "They are uncomfortable at best."

How can you possibly call that a lie? If a person finds pantyhose uncomfortable, who are you to say that they are not? You might not find them uncomfortable yourself but you cannot possibly speak for someone else or know how they feel.

Well, before I started wearing them myself, I was always told they were "uncomfortable" for a whole list of different reasons that i had to take their word for, turns out that after i started wearing them, what was being told surely wasn't the truth. If you look at the fashion being worn today, the proof is in the pudding.

List of given reasons:

1. they bind behind the knees
    2. They are too tight or pinching in the crotch area
    3. they don't stay up
    4. They are too tight in general

Yet, almost every one out there is wearing leggings, almost solid, everyday and leggings have every characteristic that a pair of pantyhose do while they are worn. I'd say to wear leggings every day yet shun hosiery, mainly pantyhose, because of all of those reasons makes it out to be a lie. I think it's laziness myself, nothing more.

This is of coarse, just my opinion.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I don't complain about the comfort (or lack thereof) when it comes to pantyhose but I can tell you this much. Leggings and opaque tights are infinitely easier to wear and more comfortable.

And there is no laziness involved when it comes to sheers. Women simply don't like them so much. There has been much conditioning over the years to the point where the word pantyhose doesn't even exist on the packaging for Silk Reflections. Just look if you don't believe me. If the word is there, it would be in the fine print but I don't think it is there either.

And the world is better for it. Women generally aren't beholden to a disposable article of clothing as a dress code requirement any longer. Bare is more comfortable than hose. They may choose to wear it but no longer are obligated to do so.

Amen to that!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

If I had to wear pantyhose all the time I might consider transitioning into a guy. However, sometimes they are a necessary evil. The next time I wear them will more than likely be during the holiday season when my sister and I go to the ballet (Nutcracker). We are already searching for the perfect after five dresses for the occasion.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherylgyno View Post
    The pantyhose and nylons companies need more CD's. We are the ones keeping these companies going.
    No, we aren't.

We certainly don't hurt it, but the number of males who CD & buy pantyhose are TINY, when compared to the GG market.

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    Leggings and opaque tights are infinitely easier to wear and more comfortable.
    +1

I must own like 110 pairs of leggings/yoga pants/running tights by now, no joke. (Yes, I'm obsessed with them, but whatever, LOL.)

Also a handful of pairs of opaque fashion tights (which won't be replaced once they're old) -- and *zero* pairs of pantyhose. Actually haven't bought/worn any of those in close to a decade now.

...a disposable article of clothing...
    This is what it boils down to, IMO.

I believe many feel the money is better spent elsewhere. Like on leggings.
    Last edited by ellbee; 09-03-2017 at 06:49 PM.

Bare is more comfortable than hose.
    I am sure they are but they certainly don't look as nice as they do when wearing hosiery. I think my biggest beef is formal events, there is a time and place for hosiery and surely a formal event of any sort is it. The lack of hosiery is a sign of disrespect just as the lack of a tie is. Call me old fashion lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jeri Ann View Post
    If I had to wear pantyhose all the time I might consider transitioning into a guy..
    No one said they should be worn all the time, hell, I think I tire of them from time to time myself but when that happens , I am not dressing that day either To put on a shirt, jeans and sandals, I might as well stay in drab. I think that is the difference between a TG and a CD.

I believe many feel the money is better spent elsewhere. Like on leggings.

Yes, You are evil. go away lol
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

While I did not take time to read all 71 responses, at quick glance I really saw no one point out the medical / health benefits of wearing hosiery, in particular support hosiery

Regardless of how you identify on the gender scale there are many benefits from wearing compression garments.........

I can attest to the benefits of wearing............but I am not here to convince those who are traumatized by wearing hosiery / stockings but just stating there can be signifigant benefits of wearing beyond fashion

I love my hose and will be wearing them as long as I see beneficial results
    Way too Girly ! I couldn't smell the smoke, and now I'll watch the flames

Out on Parole ......Woo Hoo

A thigh highs and garter belt girl here . I really love them.

Hugs Annette
    "It takes more courage for a man to appear in public wearing a dress than to charge into battle"

Me July 2005

Count me in as a nylon addict.
    https://balletflatsformen.wordpress.com/