Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The cause of being a cross dresser.

The cause of being a cross dresser.

If there was an actual cause of why I dressed the first time, I don't know or care. The reason that I have Cross dressed for now over 55years, simple. A cross dresser is who I am.
    If there is ever a "cure" for cross dressing I hope that they post a gigantic warning sign. I will avoid the"cure" with everything that I have. If I didn't cross 👗 I would go into a deep depression. If I go a day without dressing my wife will tell me to get dressed because I am not myself.

Gold Member
    My wife knew when I was grumpy; She would say, "go and put your bra on".
    She knew that when I came home from a rough day at work, A bra would calm
    me down. Later when I retired, she would tell me when I was about to get out
    of bed in the morning, "Why don't you put on a dress today"
    O' How I miss her, she was my best buddy.
    Rader

I don't think there will ever be a cure, so no worries. Yeah mine does tell me sometimes when I am grumpy and in drab. to get dressed. But she tell me often enough when I am not in drab clothes.
    Part Time Girl

my own curious nature is what caused me to stumble into Crossdressing. It started with seeing panties on the floor and then buying some because I didn't want to steal anything from my family. It was this little tiny secret that i kept hidden away in a locked chest but over time it grew to the point where I had to start using shoeboxes and then I just put my stuff on a shelf and put something over it in the saddest attempt at hiding a dark secret

Crossdressing has been my temporary cure for my craving of femininity that every straight man has. Though most men simply get a girlfriend and explore their body and experience their clothes externally. As for me, I cheated the whole game and feminized myself just so my eye balls got to see the sweet visual of a pair of panties covering a butt. I don't even feel too lonely, But I do get a sense of wishing I had a shopping buddy.

When I was little I think I put my feet into my step moms cowgirl boots for a brief moment only to realize that the knee high boots covered my whole leg and I couldn't really walk in them.
    When I was 4 years old I did this extremely weird thing where I put a bunch of matchbox cars in my underwear, I vaguely remember thinking how bad it would be to get caught but I guess I was secretly hoping my dad would wake up and play with me.
    When I was 4 I also played out in the yard alone, One day I went outside in my underwear.

I guess Crossdressing plays into my exhibitionism which has been around for as long as I remember.

That's funny, when my wife notices I get stressed or grumpy, she tells me to go for a drive. She goes as far as putting the clothes in the car and telling the kids that dad is going out. She tells me she sees a huge difference once I come back from my drives, more focused and calmer . I don't think she wants to hear about a cure. Lol

Banned Read only
    Cheryl,
    I needed to know why I had a gut feeling 24/7 for so many years going right back to the age of 8-9 years, now I know i can deal with it, I just about understand it myself and can explain it to others if I need to. I do believe you should care when it can cause problems with the rest of the family.
    No there will never be a cure , we are wired this way and have to come to terms with it and live with it. Do I want cure ? Not anymore, I honestly told my wife I do enjoy it now, that female part lurking in the brain can be destructive or it can give us much pleasure if accepted and handled in the right way. Otherwise we do the circuit of counselling to try and find a fix to please other people.

I'm afraid the comment about the gaps between my social meetings being too wide met with disapproval , so we finally decided that we separate because the gap is too wide between my needs and my wife's acceptance level, its never going to get any better, it will always be a problem that will drive us further apart but destroy our lives if we don't .

Neither do I think there ever will be a "cure"....we're wired in. I'm with Dana and Rader...sometimes during the day, I'll chat with my (wonderful) wife and she "ESP"s a pressure day. When I get home, I'll find hose, panties, a bra, etc. on the bed and a glass of wine. She knows what works to take the edge off, and I appreciate her.

I'm not sure of the "cause" of crossdressing. My inclination is to think we are hardwired for gender. I do firmly believe that as some say, gender, and sexual preference only works in a binary is pure bunkum. Almost every thing in nature exhibits continuous variation. Why not gender and preference? As for a cure there is really nothing about crossdressing that needs curing.

Platinum Member
    Hi Cheryl , I have had the best of both worlds for over 70years now and I am too old to change......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

At 66, I am rather new to this as far as understanding, but I do not want nor do I think there will ever be a cure! I am enjoying the journey! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I've discovered that the cause of my crossdressing is wearing female clothing. That's why I dress fully every day. I want to make sure it never goes away.

I'd just rather do it and not sit about speculating on the why behind it. Besides, if it was curable back when my mom was pregnant with me, then I might be different now.

Here's something to ponder on. All embryos are female until the moment of testosterone wash, that changes female to male. Suppose for a moment, that the amount we get determines if we become Cd's, Trans and such. More of, and we don't. Ta da, one cure. Now, Is that cure considered genetic engineering?
    I don't dress up because I want to be a woman, I dress up to make me happy.

Blue as of either Tuesday or Thursday both of mine will be pierced.

Hi Girls,
    I would like to share my thinking about my causes:
    I remember when I was like 4-5 years old that there were at my home some books for children with old stories and draws of decades or centuries ago, and some were related about how people use to dress at those times, and I noticed the difference with current (+40 years ago) and realized that current female cloths covers more or less every possibility, but male's not really, and feel some kind of frustration because I like some styles and garments like tights and boots and some jewerly.
    When I was 6-7, I had to dance as a bird at school and my grandmother made a cosplay disguise based in ballet cloths, my mother's contribution were yellow tights which made me feel wired because other boys were not using tights and I received comments from some people that were not kind at all.
    On the other hand I remember that when we got back from school that day, my mother told me to change may cloths and I felt sadness because I liked very much the sensation of the tights over my legs and I asked to my mother to wash them and put them on my cloth's drawer becauae I would like to use them as regular socks under my pants.
    I understand that day that I will use tights from that day on, but also understand that had to be discret because people doesnot respect this kind of behavior on a boy, but they do on a girl.
    My yellow tights disapeared from my drawer and appears on my older sister's, and I recognized that even my mother was not agree with me having my own tights.
    A couple of years later I had an accident with my bathroom needs at my grandmother's home, and part of my punishment was that my mother went to a store and bought a very femenine girl panties to use instead of my dirty underwear, and my older sister had a lot of fun after me because of that, but I really enjoy the very delicate, thin, silky and ornamented panties over my skin the whole night that I used as "my punishment".
    The combination of panties, tights and ballet cloths from that bird disguise, plus those images from draws on children books made me aware on how much I liked to use such femenine garments, and turn me on to look for this kind of cloths for me. All this, plus jewerly like earrings and bracelets lead me to put all together and the result of this equation is the current feminine attire that I enjoy on me including make up and long hair.
    Finally are the colors, we as men are "allowed" to use only a very few of the whole range of colors like blue, gray, black and some dark browns (maybe also some greens), but wemen can use whatever yhey want, and this is totally unfair because in the past there were no availability of some colors that only appear since midle last century or later, therefore I think that there should be for everybody, for me it is like freedom to decide.
    Thanks for gave me this opportunity to express this very important part of me.
    Huges
    Dianna Ericka

Banned Read only
    It took a long time for me to figure it out but all I ever wanted was my mothers love and approval.

The only way I would ever and could ever be as good and strong of a person as her was to be a woman like her.

If a "cure" is ever found I'll kill to be first in line to get it.
    Jon

The cause or reasons for dressing has been churned over before it has been medically recognised that it is a genetic thing (I have a friend who is a Dr and he totally agrees that it down to genetics) how and when the need to dress is triggered depending on the degree of latent femininity before we are born, some feel it from day one others triggered by a genetic clock ticking away waiting for the correct time to bring us out as we are.

Imagine a pill for music. Take this pill and your desire for music will go away. Only those who feel some form of guilt or shame from music would consider getting rid of it. Everyone deserves some joy and happiness in their lives and we all find different ways to get it..

It's just clothing. And last I checked, way more legal than walking around naked.

I really do think the cause of my dressing was my obsession with breasts. It wasn't until I was in 9th grade that I started experimenting what it was like to do different things with breasts. I would borrow mom's bra and stuff it with rolled up towels, put on my gym clothes, and exercise. Then, I got to the point where I would stay home alone on weekends while the family went camping so I could wear my "breasts" all day. Again, wanted to see what it was like to live with them. And then slowly, over time, I began trying other articles of female clothing.

To do this day, my dressing is partly just a big experiment. Trying different tasks with my DDDs, like house cleaning, lawn mowing, taking out the garbage, returning videos to the video store, driving to my weekend part-time job, etc. Other times, it's about just being dressed for the day while I work from home instead of going into the office.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherylgyno View Post
    If there is ever a "cure" for cross dressing I hope that they post a gigantic warning sign. I will avoid the"cure" with everything that I have. If I didn't cross �� I would go into a deep depression. If I go a day without dressing my wife will tell me to get dressed because I am not myself.
    But in theory if you're "cured" that would mean you would no longer suffer depression from not dressing...

Just saying

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have to wonder when people say if they didn't dress they would go into a deep depression.
    I mean you are an adult you know how life works, the difference between right and wrong all that kind of stuff.
    If I couldn't dress ever again I would get over it and not fall into a depression. I would still be a female trapped in a male body but I would survive.
    I guess I am made of stronger stuff that some people.

For me if there was a cure a majic pill or drink to cure my crossdressing, I know I would never take it. I enjoy and love my time dressed in feminine clothing. I know some people probably think it's not normal to be a crossdressor, but I myself think if it isn't normal then why are there alot of us that feel this way and enjoy so much. I'm just talking about the people like me that just enjoy crossdressing and looking like a female, but not wanting to turn into a female. I know the only persons that can understand these feeling are crossdressors like me.

I do not see CDing as a medical illness, It is the results of our individuality, social environment and genetic make-up.
    To clam it as an illness is really an attempt to tailor us CDers to that narrow social standard.
    If they were to come out with a "cure", be it a pill, solution, or operation, I would pass. I AM ME!
    If it became a legal mandate I would become a rebel.
    While I am a 'Casual CDer/closest compared to many of you, I still will do my thing MY way. And yes I am SLOWLY, VERY SLOWLY, getting out of my closet again.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Glendy, I completely understand.

I think my early dressing was due to sexual excitement, dominated by guilt and fear for most of my life. Only now do I realize how it affects me positively, and that I am not harming anyone, especially myself, by being comfortable with dressing, and that's it's a natural part of me.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Diana, how brave of you to ask your mother to put the yellow tights in your drawer. I wish I had known my true feelings at that age, despite the teasing and ridicule of course. I always hated those horizontally striped shirts, and I think it was just a teaser to boys who wished they could wear more colors than those you mentioned. They were always such garish combinations of black, brown, and red, with white to separate the stripes. Yuck!!