Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The cause of being a cross dresser.

Hello all,

I can only offer my own story; I'm sure aspects of it will resonate with some of you.

I've been quite imaginative and open minded for several years. Just lately my wife's sex drive has reduced so much that we rarely have sex, and dressing for me seems to be a way of keeping a connection with feminine glamour...

I'm probably over analysing the situation! Mainly I just do it because it's so naughty and exciting... X
    Girl me

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I have to wonder when people say if they didn't dress they would go into a deep depression.
    I mean you are an adult you know how life works, the difference between right and wrong all that kind of stuff.
    If I couldn't dress ever again I would get over it and not fall into a depression. I would still be a female trapped in a male body but I would survive.
    I guess I am made of stronger stuff that some people.
    I think that those of us who feel a true presence within us are actually more likely to survive the never dress again scenario. I certainly enjoy wearing female clothing, and it does bring a sense of calm relaxation. I've never experienced so strong of an urge to bring about depression or when changing back to make clothing, then again I may just be not quite as far on the fem side, and of you ask my wife she doesn't seem to feel I've got much masculinity at all. And I don't relate much to men, much more to women, but dressing really has never been a end all be all for me. (Shrug)

I first started in my teens. I don't know what the exact thought process was the first time I dressed, but as the years have gone by it has happened more and more often. If I haven't dressed for a few weeks I start feeling desperate to do so. When I know I can dress in the evening I feel excited all day and when I start getting ready I feel so good. When I am finished I feel real and happy.

It feels so right and I actually feel more normal than I ever do dressed like a man. The stockings and suspenders, the makeup, the heels, the jewelry, the wig, the parfume and the dress all make sense. I love the sensation and wouldn't stop ever because cross dressing is a very important part of my life and completes me. It makes me feel beautiful.

I joined this forum several years ago hoping to find the answer to the question. It sounds as if we all have theories, I even have my own but wea are all in the same boat - none of us know for sure

Oh yes we do, I have a Dr friend and by the way he also lectures at The Faculty of Medicine attached to the University hospital near here, and one day I was discussing gender differences and he told me that it was medically acknowledged that it is a genetic thing occurring whilst we are still in the womb. it is not a choice we suddenly make one day. It is our destiny that one of us will turn out gay, lesbian, bi sexual trans gender and all of the rest of the sexual differences.
    None of choose to suddenly do this or that we are all born to be what we subsequently turn into.

That would explain a lot. Makes sense. So none of us can help it. Good to know. You are what you are. Lucy

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbi46 View Post
    It is our destiny that one of us will turn out gay, lesbian, bi sexual trans gender and all of the rest of the sexual differences.
    Bobbi, that doesn't address the OP topic (the cause of being a crossdresser). Sure, males who identity as women want their presentation to conform to their identity (but is that crossdressing?). There are among us many men who always identify as men, even when crossdressed. No identity issues, no gender dysphoria, just guys who like to dress up occasionally. The crossdressing gene hasn't been found.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    The crossdressing gene hasn't been found.
    I believe that would be more commonly known as the Gloria Vanderbilt gene ..... oh, wait, wrong gene

At this stage of my life I am trying to enjoy dressing and accept it more rather than try to figure out why. Although I have spent an enormous amount of brain cells trying to figure out why, when I should have used those brain cells for deciding on what particular heels I should buy.

Well, Micki, the heels you chose for your avatar picture are quite nice, indeed.