Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The great outdoors

The great outdoors

With the fall hunting seasons starting soon. (Check local listings) I was wondering has anyone here has ever looked at or purchased clothing from the 'she' or 'prois' lines of hunting clothes for women? I've looked (a lot) but haven't purchased. The biggest draw back seems to be the pockets. They are more like fashion pockets not utility pockets. Oh and maybe a big 'she' logo if the intent was to wear on the down low.

Platinum Member
    Hi Jenni, With all of the Testosterone and firearms out in the woods, I don't think that I would go hunting all dressed up......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Fashion pockets on hunting clothing means you need to buy a hunting purse to carry everything in. Lol.

Platinum Member
    I wonder if Gucci makes a game bag.

but seriously, I haven't thought of dressing for hunting. I have dressed for hiking - tank top, shorts, that sort of thing, sports bra, wig & light makeup. Its fun to get out on a woodland or mountain trail. Passers by have always been courteous.

Aspiring Member
    You could sew a sign on the back of a feminine camo shirt that says "When I'm wearing these clothes I'm a real dear".

This thread reminds me of many non crossdressers who have thought about wearing panty hose while hunting. This idea is under the premise that wearing panty hose is for warmth only. I just wonder what the real motivation is. Having said that I have not had any desire to wear any female attire while hunting. But I wonder if hose would help?
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Banned Read only
    I have never bought those brands and I am not a hunter but I have plenty of female "outdoor gear" from the likes of Columbia and REI. I would think the higher waist women's pants would be of some benefit crouching in a duck blind or something like that. Women's outdoor tops have the same issues as any other female top, snug in the shoulders and the arms seem shorter due to it being fit for a woman's anatomy, so I usually go up one size in long sleeve tops like flannels. As for being noticed it's just like anything else, I stick to less feminine colors, like blacks, khaki, green or white and remember they will button the other way.

The thought really jumped at me when's trying to buy pants my waist is smaller than my inseam so finding pants is hard already even inguy mode.

As to wearing hose in the field. a few old school watefowlers I know swear by the "trick" as a way to layer and stay warm.

I've underdressed while hunting for years. Lace and satin! If the band of macho dudes I hunt with only knew .............

Quote Originally Posted by _jenni_ View Post
    The thought really jumped at me when's trying to buy pants my waist is smaller than my inseam so finding pants is hard already even in guy mode.

As to wearing hose in the field. a few old school water-fowlers I know swear by the "trick" as a way to layer and stay warm.
    When I was in High School I was living with my Aunt. Now she was a good seamstress. She had some of my old pants laying that I had outgrown. At the time I always wore Khakis. What she would do was buy me female pants, remove the back pockets and put on plain pockets using some material of my old pockets. At that time I was growing faster than a weed and never wore out my pants.
    I also remember hearing of that American Football star who was wearing Pantyhose under his pants for the same reason.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I have some silk-like base layer pants and shirt that is women's. Doesn't look much different than men's (it's snow camo), but I know! And a sports bra and panties underneath that in pink camo. Our archery season starts here in about a month, and I've got a fistfull of tags. Hopefully the freezer will be full again this year! Last year was very successful.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

As for hunting pants with 'Fashion' Pockets and "Hunting purses", to me that is what a Knapsack/game bag is for.
    Doesn't just tieing on some Cami bows and Ribbons onto a game bag make it feminine. Just kidding around.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Adding some pink lettering and images to my camo wouldn't make me feminine. Yes, there probably are some hunting clothes that are cut for a genetic female body, but I don't have that shape. Plus, for me to get into the deer woods at 5 am as a woman I'd have to get up at 2 am. So, I keep my hunting days as boy days.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    I have never bought those brands and I am not a hunter but I have plenty of female "outdoor gear" from the likes of Columbia and REI. ...I stick to less feminine colors, like blacks, khaki, green or white and remember they will button the other way.
    I dress the same way, Columbia, Carhart, Levi's.... I have shorts from all of these and wear them continuously. I like those 'fisherman' shirts from Bass Pro and Cabella's....Columbia, Patagonia. etc. I usually wear Vanity Fair, Shadowline, Bali or Underscore full briefs. We are currently in Southern Utah camping in our Airstream.

Last week we were camped at 3600' in Northern AZ, at a secluded campsite and the temperature was 103. I sat in my lawn chair not moving. It was hot I had nothing on but a pair of panties. The same thing happened to us several years ago at Lake Mead Campground...it was the week after Labor Day and it was so hot...there were very few people campling, I sat outside in my lawn chair in a pair of black panties. A German couple came and wanted to talk Airstreams. My wife thought this was hysterical. Why don't you get up and show them our Airstream...LOL finally she got everyone to look at the sunset which was gorgeous and then they all went back to their camp.

So you know that for me to give up an opportunity to dress because it was too darn hot, it was too darn hot. We ended up on the North Rim camped between two big fifth wheels that ran their generators from 6 am to 10pm... ugh! We just toughed it out. The one couple locked their keys in their trailer and some guy went all around the campground wanting to try our trailer keys in their lock. Finally a locksmith came and I bet it was a pretty bill. The couple had been to the grocery store and bought beer and Ice, most of which was gone when the locksmith left. The couple then had a huge arguement of how stupid can a person be...... complete some four letter words I never heard of...finally the rangers came it all quieted down.

So, getting back to the original purpose here, I generally wear women's hiking shorts, some with an inner liner, some without, VF full cut briefs, and a man's shirt... Most women's shirts are too short in the torso for me to wear.

I have no desire to pass myself off as a woman. I have long hair and a full beard. I just like wearing comfortable clothing... three years ago I fell and shattered my wrist. My wife dressed me and got me some elastic waist women's jeans... she knew I had been wearing women's levis but I couldn't zip them up.

Anyhow. so as I've been typing this I, I reading these comments and she said wear what makes you comfortable, what difference does it make? Now granted, were are in Utah and that's easy to say. I 'm comfortable dressing in my style... the Iowa farmwife ... lol

Silver Member
    I was reading a magazine and saw a woman wearing very fem hunting clothes. Went to the women's store that carried the line. As I'm going through the various pieces a SA offered to help me. As we were putting the look together it was obvious they were for me. She offered to let me try things on. Came into the dressing room to critique every thing. The first sweater I tried was too dark. She left and came back with a cream loose cable weave turtleneck sweater for me to try. She helped change sweaters. I had on a white lace bra. When I agreed with the new color she suggested a camisole and brought back one. She also suggested a nude bra to match my skin color. When we had gotten everything together she asked if I would model it for the other SAs. One of which pointed out that I looked a lot like the model. the outfit was already a sale. Ended up with the sweater, a long lamb skin skirt with a kick pleat that came to just above my ankles, comfortable walking boots with lamb trim, and a lamb skin jacket with lamb trim. There was no question that the jacket was for a woman with the tucks it had.

I wore the outfit more for going shopping on cold days with lots of compliments. I did wear it the next fall to go bird hunting.

Aspiring Member
    Outdoor clothing for women has become popular because it is actually made to fit a woman's body shape. Before that women were basically required to wear outdoor clothing cut to fit a man. Since I don't have a woman's shape I don't wear women's clothing while hunting. That does not prevent me from underdressing on occasion. Do sometimes like to wear a bra and panties.

I have seen clothing in pink camo and in purple camo (more a lilac shade). Here in Nebraska there is a legal requirement for hunter safety orange during the firearm deer season, but not during archery season. Some have suggested pantyhose or tights as a base layer for warmth, but they also have value in helping keep pests such as ticks off.
    "But what is Truth? Is Truth unchanging law?
    We both have truths - are mine the same as yours?"

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If I go deer/coyote hunting I wear GI issue BDUs. Guy mode girl mode doesn't matter but girl mode 75% of the time. I love it.
    I do wear womens thermal underwear if its really cold because they aren't as baggy and the waist is higher.
    I do have woodland camo ladies coveralls too.
    I hunt from the ground and enjoy going for the long shots if its a deer but coyote 50 to 250-300 is about average.
    Yeah I wear a hunters orange hat during deer season but its a girly hat.
    No hunter orange stuff required to hunt coyote and you can hunt them all year long.
    I have one farm I hunt on thats only seen me in girl mode.
    The lady that owns the farm is really nice and if she knows I'm a CD she sure doesn't let on because when we chat its all about kids,fashion,things that make you go Ewww.
    Her husband manages and works the farm and I have seen him only from a distance and he just waves.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 08-28-2017 at 07:55 AM.

Finally a thread I can relate to. The doctors here asked me how come at almost 68 my cholesterol was not high as most men my age. Growing up on a ranching-farming operation we ate our own home grown beef. Dad always kept the freezer stocked with wild game. I loved the steaks and burgers meat that mom made into meatloaf, and various dishes. If the market was up dad would sell all the new yearlings except for a few replacement heifers and we'd stock the freezers with deer, quail, dove, and hogs. I grew to enjoy the outdoors and hunting was just a way to be able to sell more cattle and still eat good natural wildlife. We did not vaccinate wildlife but the cattle had every thing injected into them we needed to get growth and weight on as very seldom we sold by the head it was usually after they were fattened and injected with every ingredient to help them gain weight and sold by the pound to major companies. Our family realized there was more money in the beef by not eating them and us hunting to fill our freezers with whitetail deer. Thus I still fill my family freezer with at least five whitetail deer usually big doe, fish and as of late a few wild hogs emphasize the word few, and garden vegetables. This is way more healthy I've found than eating beef. I love hunting season and dressing in the cool fall and winter. Yes panty hose and the nylon Bass Pro tights with the layering really works. I know some big grizzly looking hunters that have used this trick and I for one would not say they are any feminine. It's just a matter of staying warm in the woods. Besides nothing better than good deer chili on a cold day with a warm fire in the fireplace wearing my nylon underalls based with panty hose.
    Last edited by Jaylyn; 08-28-2017 at 07:57 AM.

Banned Spammer
    I love being in the woods or sitting in a tree line scanning an open field for deer passing thru.
    The cool air mixed with the sun coming up, the smell of dirt and plant life and odor of CLP on my gun is fabulous.

Ah, yes. CLP. It's ALMOST as good as Hoppe's #9.
    Jon

Banned Spammer
    I use the old military CLP because its cheap and it works.

No no, its break free gun cleaner, then gun powder, then Hoppes#9. If we are ranking outdoor perfumes.

Due to my size hunting is underdress only. There was a note on another article about Lane Bryant carrying women's jeans in a 36" inseam. I will be going to Lane Bryant this fall for bras and panties that my wife will wrap up for me at Christmas. I am going to ask for jeans to fit me.

Banned Spammer
    I'll be headed to a hog hunt in a few weeks woo hoo !!