Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will the dogs know?

Will the dogs know?

So, we are dog sitting for a week. Our two favorite grand-dogs are staying with us while their humans are off on vacation. We do this often and really enjoy the puppies.

But, to the point of this post, do you think they would react differently to me in girl mode rather than guy mode (which is how they've only ever seen me)? Obviously nobody knows these puppies but I'd be interested in any experience you've had with your pets. Did they recognize you dressed?
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

No. Dogs go more by smell. They could care less about what you're wearing.
    I don't dress up because I want to be a woman, I dress up to make me happy.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    They can smell you so they know who you are.
    My cats just looked at me like oh well he is in tranny mode.
    My miniature red Pomeranian wasn't fooled.

Banned Read only
    Jenna,
    The first time my dog saw me dressed she barked because she didn't recognise me, at the time I posted a thread saying my dog flattered me, if I can fool her I can fool anyone ! OK that's wishful thinking .

As for puppies well they are learning all the time, the point to be aware of is many fabrics used in women's clothing snag easily so little sharp teeth and sharp little claws can do some damage !

Both cats and dogs know us by smell and other stuff. They will recognize you when you come back. Our cats do not have a problem, seeing me in fem clothes. They are just as loving. What is funny I thought cats were dumb but I read on intelligence that cats have brain neurons like us. And more neurons than dogs. Like a lot more. So dogs are not as smart as cats but they have far more empathy than humans. We have a maine coon cat and it is like a dog in mannerisms and greeting you at the door and stuff like that. It is a very large cat.
    Last edited by Dana44; 08-27-2017 at 11:54 AM.
    Part Time Girl

Dogs don't care how you are dressed. Least mine don't.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

They may or may not react. Many years ago when I had a dog, I put on a full face mask hat to go shovel snow. When the dog saw me, he freaked out, barking and growling. For some reason he didn't like the mask. Could that happen with clothes?????????????????

My dog reacts no differently when I'm dressed. I did make her promise not to out me to the neighbor dog next door. They gossip through the back fence all the time.

True, dogs sense of smell is very strong. But if these dogs don't know you I wouldn't be too sure.

I had an Australian Shepard once that never seemed to recognize me even though I was never en fem! That breed is known to be a one owner dog and my ex was the owner. But the dog was living in my house! The dog I have now knows me no matter how I'm dressed.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I've known dogs that acted oddly around people wearing hats or masks that make them look 'not human' to the dog, or perhaps they think the hat is a small animal attacking the human's head.

My experience has been that as long as they can see a human face and a normal head shape, they may recognize major visual identification traits for people they know well, but they still go by your scent to be certain which specific human they are looking at. Dogs I own know me on sight. Dogs I have met several times need to sniff me to know it is me.

The first time my current dog saw me fully dressed, with breast forms and a long wig, it was several months after my wife had died. When he saw "a long haired female human (me), too large to be his little girl (my daughter)" inside our home, he got happy and excited for a moment, apparently thinking his deceased Mistress had somehow returned. He calmed down as soon as he sniffed me and recognized my scent.

I suspect that your visiting puppies will get your scent as soon as they arrive in your home, and after that, even if you are fully dressed and wearing perfume, they will know you by your scent.

My dog acts the same towards me dressed or not. She is a lap dog and wants to be in my lap no matter my presentation. She is 5.5 pounds of fury.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    My one dog, the dumb one, doesn't act differently when I'm dressed. The other one is much more excited and jumps on my legs, running my hose. She never does that when I'm in male mode.
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

My dog just looks at me like, "What now dad?" Lays back down and pays no more attention than if i were in male mode! I am glad because I was initially wprried she would bark at the female stranger in her house! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

It could go either way. One dog we had would not come close to me if I was wearing a ball cap, God only knows what would happen if I was wearing a dress!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I have three cats, none of them really care as long as they get fed.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Dogs know everything, but are usuall

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Usually discreet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNjUUM52SpA
    Watch how a dog loves you no matter how you dress.
    At some point your life will flash before your eyes......MAKE SURE IT'S WORTH WATCHING !!

My one dog acted no differently, the other one would at first look confused but then would act mormal after he sniffed me

Our last dog would run from me and go hide and be scared when I would dress. Our dog now doesn't even notice or act any different at all.

Aspiring Member
    The cat treats me exactly the same regardless of what I am wearing. He is the most affectionate cat that I have ever known. He recognizes me en femme just as quickly and with the same reaction as when I am in drab.

Appreciate all the responses here. I guess there's only one way to know for sure with our grand-dogs.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

The first time my dogs (2) saw me dressed they absolutely freaked out...barking, hair raised, backing up away from me - let's just say they didn't recognize me at all. Over time (talking to the dogs and getting closer to them - not too close since I'm afraid of being bit), one of them has become a little more comfortable seeing me. Now, the other dog just keeps barking...she's high strung little thing to begin with and seeing a "stranger" in the house doesn't help. I always thought that for dogs smell was more important than sight...but, that's certainly not the reality one of my dogs.
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

I think that at least some dogs know. Even though they only see in black and white, some are definitely visual. But, not to worry; they won't tell. I haven't yet met a dog who is verbal.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

They don't care HOW you are, only WHO you are.
    Jon

Daniella Argento
    My dog got very confused the fisrts time he saw me en femme.
    He still sometimes looks at me abit askance when he first sees me, until he figures it out.
    This may now be to some confusion between me and my spouse as we sometimes share clothes and the smell may be different?
    I can guarantee you the dog will NOT out you to anyone. They are very discreet that way :-)
    The cat though??? Wouldn't trust her at all!!!
    ;-)