Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Throwing Caution to the Wind

Throwing Caution to the Wind

Even though I promised myself that I would stay at home, after several glasses of wine my guard was down. I changed into a lovely sun dress, put on a pink Valerie Stevens jacket, pantyhose and black Mary Jane high heel pumps. I drove to a gay bar that is "straight friendly" about 45 minutes from my house. I got a lot of looks as I entered the bar, and I sat with a Trans women. We shared a glass of wine, chatting about our lives. About 8:00 PM I left and drove to a shopping plaza that has a Ross Dress for Less, Payless Shoes, and several general department stores. I walked the whole plaze, tried on a pair of shoes, and bought a lovely dress at Ross. I used the fitting room at Ross without issue. What a great evening; I give the wine credit. I love being a girl!!
    Love, Sabrina

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Sounds like quite a nice girly evening

That is awesome. Wonder what would happen if you cracked open a box of wine...

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    You drove your car after 'several' glasses of wine, then had some more and drove again. Lucky for you the police didn't stop you for any reason. DUI while dressed, (or was it non-alchoholic..)
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Sabrina, while I'm glad that you got out, I really believe that spending the night in the drunk tank en femme after having drinks and driving is not the best move.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Good for u , but they are right. Next time skip the wine or find a ride. I'm out right now, with my best friend and her boyfriend. We get him to drive so we can drink. Yes I'm spending the night at their house. I'm also on a first name basses with the local cab company too, they have come to my rescue a few times.

I agree with you; forunately the POPO did not pick me up!!! It was exquisite to walk the plaza in drag.

Banned Read only
    Sabrina,
    Lovely story thanks or sharing it with us.

I'm sure you had the sense to drink but remain under the legal limit, did you know heels also come with a drink advisery limit !

Hey ! Why did you have to say it was in drag ? I don't think of it like that , just being seen as a woman and hopefully accepted as such is how I like to think of it .
    Last edited by Teresa; 09-10-2017 at 06:12 AM.

Reality Check
    Alcohol has been the cause of many things, mostly bad. I will recommend making it a rule not to leave the house dressed as a woman after drinking alcohol. And of course, driving after drinking is a bad idea, crossdressed or not.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, just point out reality

"Alcohol" - Brad Paisley

I can make anybody pretty
    I can make you believe any lie
    I can make you pick a fight
    With somebody twice
    Your size
    Well I've been known to cause a few breakups
    And I've been known to cause a few births
    I can make you new friends
    Or get you fired from work.

And since the day I left Milwaukee
    Lyncheburg Bordeaux, France
    Been making the bars
    With lots of big money
    And helping white people dance
    I got you in trouble in high school
    And college now that was a ball
    You had some of the best times
    You'll never remember with me
    Alcohol, alcohol

I got blamed at your wedding reception
    For your best man's embarrassing speech
    And also for those naked pictures of you at the beach
    I've influenced kings and world leaders
    I helped Hemingway write like he did
    And I'll bet you a drink or two that I can make you
    Put that lampshade on your head

Been making a fool out of folks
    Just like you
    I am medicine and I am poison
    I can help you up or make you fall
    Alcohol, alcohol

Been making the bars
    With lots of big money
    I got you in trouble in high school
    And college now that was a ball
    Alcohol, alcohol

Sounds like you had a wonderful time Sabrina!!! Was it your first time? Congratulations either way.

Drinking then crossdressing? I'd never do it .... have a hard enough time getting my makeup right sober. But, highly encourage doing it the other way round. At the end of a long night and usually one too many, it's Uber for this girl.

I've seen at least a dozen other stories on this site of girls having a few drinks, then drive home - didn't see any comments about their drinking. Sounds like you knew your state and the associated risks, so I'm definitely not aiming this comment at you specifically Sabrina, but really to everyone, and is the main reason I don't do it: Lots of fun to wear a dress in the local bar ... much less fun to wear the same dress in the county lockup. I doubt the cop will be calling you ma'am at that point. Just food for thought....
    Oh! You Pretty Things ... Come join us for:
    Paint the Town Chicago (Feb 23-26, 2023)
    More info here -> https://linktr.ee/PtT2023

Banned Read only
    Julie,
    I made it my rule never to take that risk, staying over at the hotel is a different matter , the worse that can happen is your lose your room key and have to ask reception to help you out. As happened in my case as the card wouldn't operate the door lock .

Platinum Member
    As quoted by Krisi, Brad Paisley said it well:

Been making the bars
    With lots of big money

Now, after 3-4-5 glasses of wine,
    imagine being told you must
    walk a straight line!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I agree with the others here on the drunk driving aspects of this post. Can't really give you a free pass on how exhilarating it must have been to be out-and-about en femme when you took such an unnecessary (and yes, selfish!) risk. The attached compilation of PSA video clips from MADD anti-drunk driving campaigns that were run some years ago are still relevant today, and show in a very graphic and succinct manner how increasing levels of alcohol consumption can quickly affect one's judgement and reaction time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8I2osmVVPY

That said, it is a sad commentary on today's society that some members of the crossdressing community still need to rely on this form of "Dutch courage" in order to shed their inhibitions about expressing their true selves - especially in public...

As it's been said, drinking and driving is to be condemned. Not your best decision ever.

That said, as well as learning not to do it again remember that you actually got out and about and(setting aside the potential car crash) you had no bad experiences. So set your sights on a repeat minus the drink and have a great time sober.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You got away with drinking and driving this time next time maybe not.
    Just keep that in the back of your mind.
    You know what the right thing to do is and I trust you will do the right thing.

Actually, it was a box!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I thank all of you for your thoughtful words regarding the use of alcohol and then driving. My evening could have ended up horribly. I do not want to think about being in jail on a Saturday night while dressed as a female. Although I have gone out many times while dressed, alcohol certainly lowers the inhabitions. Perhaps I've been lucky or God is watching over me. All of you are a blessing; only here can I share my experiences.
    Love, Sabrina

Platinum Member
    Sabrina, you're not alone. I have been lucky on more occasions than I would care to admit. Nowadays my personal rule is to stay home after two drinks and, in the past when I went out en femme, I kept to the two drink limit, the switched to sparkling water or alcohol free beer.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

While everyone here that is saying what a bad decision drinking and driving is and pointing out that you don't want to get caught and have to spend the night, or longer, in jail dressed as a female, there is another aspect of the decision that no one has brought up. Your choice of drinking and driving could very easily affect more than just you. As someone who has had a spouse murdered by a drunk driver, and yes I mean MURDERED, as that is exactly how I see what a drunk driver did to my loved one. I can tell you that your simple choice can impact others way more than you having to spend some time in jail. Please before you decide to drive in an altered state think about the fact that you could be ending one or more lives, and all the people that have lost someone they loved because of your choice.

I'm not saying don't drink, just be responsible in your actions, because your actions can have an impact on more than just you. It's been more than 25 years and I still feel the impact of a choice someone else made with out thinking.

End of rant.

Can I as a follow on from Paula's tragic story also point out that for those who may indulge in smoking cannabis, this is a substance that also impairs your driving ability. Further more in stays in your system far longer. Unlike alcohol were the body steadily filters that out the same can't be said for cannabis. It's now illegal to drive in the UK when impaired by drugs and the police how have a simple roadside test. Thousands have fallen foul of this test thinking that it was many hours since they'd smoked so they'd be ok. Not so. The effects are long lasting.

I'm sure no-one here would want to be the cause of the death of an innocent pedestrian or driver. Drink or drugs, get a taxi, walk or stay indoors.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Platinum Member
    Uber or Lyft are good options too!

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    It's now illegal to drive in the UK when impaired by drugs and the police how have a simple roadside test. Thousands have fallen foul of this test thinking that it was many hours since they'd smoked so they'd be ok. Not so. The effects are long lasting.
    It is difficult to get drunk from one sip of beer.
    It is difficult to not get high from one hit of marijuana.
    While the "high" lasts 2-3 hours, the effects can last 5 hours or more.

Below is from GOV.UK:

If you’re convicted of drug driving you’ll get:

a minimum 1 year driving ban
    an unlimited fine
    up to 6 months in prison
    a criminal record
    Your driving licence will also show you’ve been convicted for drug driving. This will last for 11 years.

A conviction for drug driving also means:

your car insurance costs will increase significantly
    if you drive for work, your employer will see your conviction on your licence
    you may have trouble travelling to countries like the USA

Paula, that is not a rant. I can say that I am not drunk when going out. I obey the speed limit and drive very cautiously. I have been driving for over 40 years and have never had a moving violation nor a ticket. I'm sorry for your loss,
    Love, Sabrina

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Irving View Post
    It is difficult to get drunk from one sip of beer.
    It is difficult to not get high from one hit of marijuana.
    While the "high" lasts 2-3 hours, the effects can last 5 hours or more.

Below is from GOV.UK:

If you’re convicted of drug driving you’ll get:

a minimum 1 year driving ban
    an unlimited fine
    up to 6 months in prison
    a criminal record
    Your driving licence will also show you’ve been convicted for drug driving. This will last for 11 years.

A conviction for drug driving also means:

your car insurance costs will increase significantly
    if you drive for work, your employer will see your conviction on your licence
    you may have trouble travelling to countries like the USA
    I had a co-worker who got busted for drunk driving (a six-pack). Here's what she got in the state of Arizona:

-A weekend in jail, followed by one weekend a month in jail for several years (I forget how many at the moment)
    -Counseling on drunken driving, its risks, penalties, etc.
    -loss of driver's license for one year
    -court-appointed volunteer work
    -installation of ignition "breathalyzer" locks on three vehicles at $500 each, with routine maintenance every month at $200 each
    -court fines, etc.

By the time everything was all said and done, she figured that six-pack of beer cost her somewhere in the neighborhood of $15,000.00.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sabrina, u lied!

To yourself. U promised u'd stay in. Then, went out and had a ball! Why do u need to deceive yourself when u have so much fun out as Sabrina!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    Hi Sabrina , It sounds like you had a wonderful time......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!