Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concern for our Houston sisters

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar

Concern for our Houston sisters

Just want to say that if you have seen the news Houston is having a virtual flood disaster. All areas of Houston are effected.
    Please pray for the city and yes if you have contact with the many Houston gals that are here let us know how they are and are safe.
    Blessings and prayers Rachael Leigh

They have my prayers as well.

Yes, and from me as well. I heard something like 14'' of rain in 4 hours. Sounds horrific! Everybody try to stay safe.

- Lydianne.

We had a lot of rain and some heavy wind. I hope all our Houston sisters are doing okay. It has been quite a storm and people to the east of us really got hit hard. The storm is projected to come through here on its way north and we are in for some more heavy rain. And it may have already done that, the tropical storm will go through Houston. This storm was so large it hit Rockport and flattened it. And it got Corpus Christie through Houston and the whole Texas coast. It was cat 4 when it hit and is now a tropical storm It still has some heavy winds.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    My ex lives in Corpus Christi and she is fine.
    I do hope all are OK .

God bless them ...and help them to pass this ordeal ...hope every thing will pass safely ....
    Cross-dressing is a cross between woman's soul and man's heart.....

I grew up in the Houston area, been gone now for maybe 5 years. I've seen pictures and videos of places that have Never flooded or been Impassable due to flooding. It's BAD!! And it's suppose to rain till Thursday and now I've heard Harvey is suppose to go back out into the gulf and head further east toward Lousiana causing more flooding. This isn't good for people and family back in my old hometown.
    Just taking one day at a time, trying to be a better person
    today than I was yesterday.

they are in my prayers also
    hugs
    Ronda

New, 'member?
    Yeah, its bad. Got word from f&f on the North side and they're OK. So worried about everybody down there. Some places still gonna get worse but I believe the bayous and the Colorado are predicted to crest today. Its gonna be a long process but they're still focusing on making sure everybody makes it through the storm. The water in most places doesn't move that fast, so hopefully they can get those in danger out quickly, then get out the other stranded folks. Seen this poor trucker get rescued from his tractor. WHo's boss sends them into a friggin hurricane? Somebody who's never seen Houston flood I guess.

I have talked to Brooke89, Lauri K, and Kelly Marie they are all ok. I live 90 minutes east of Houston and so far so good. Yesterday flood waters got up to my house. 6" more and it would have come in. Baytown is in the greater Houston area (Harris county) and they got 34" of rain according to the National Weather Service. I am 60 minutes from Baytown. This morning tropical storm winds were pounding rain against my house and the water started coming up again. It has slacked off for the time being and all is well for now. The heavy rain bands are to move east sparing Houston, as though they could be any wetter, but will bring more rain to where I am. Thank you everyone for your concern. We are going to make it.

Of the 6 million people in the Houston area, so far, 40,000 do not have a place to live. They are rescuing more all the time. There is no commerce at all. Employees can't get to work and deliveries can't be made. All roads are impassable.

If you would like to help, you can contact the Red Cross. We have been hit by four Hurricanes in the last 12 years, Rita, Ike, Humberto and now Harvey. The Red Cross always shows up to help.

P.S. As soon as I posted this my phone alarm went off with a tornado warning. I guess it is getting ready to start again.
    Last edited by Jeri Ann; 08-28-2017 at 02:37 PM.

All storm data for central Texas is clear now. We are out of the storm and the clouds are still out there. fifty percent chance of rain. But the rain has stopped.
    Part Time Girl

You stay safe Jeri Ann. It sounds like you're getting a good dose of what we had Saturday night. Heavy rain, wind and one tornado or flash flood warning after another.
    Still raining hard but not quite as steady. The big problem is the flooding. Jeri says thirty thousand victims. It was 30k just this morning. That number is bound to climb much higher in the days ahead.

Your prayers for our neighbors here in SE TX and SW LA are needed.

Well, it is Monday afternoon and we are at "30+" inches here at the house -- but we are dry so far! I heard that they have calculated that "500 billion gallons" have rained on Houston! From my house, I can hear the air boats going down the bayou. I live close to the Reservoir and now they have started releasing from the nearby Dam into the bayous that are already overflowing. Just watched my neighbor load his bags and dog and drive away.

I heard one of the news casters say something like "take the worst rain event ever (Allison) and then more than double it" -- that is what you have here; you just cannot plan for something like that. It is pretty much unbelievable.

Please, everyone be safe!

Prayers for everyone in the state of Texas and anywhere else Harvey decides to go! Best wishes Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I always feel very sad, and depressed when such huge flooding occurs. The poor animals, too. So awfully tragic. I hope and pray lots of aid comes soon, for human victims and animal victims. I have said it before. When life comes down to sheer survival, humans can be quite adaptive, and change modes. Crossdressing is not even an issue, in such disasters. It is way back on a back burner. Survival is the issue, and blocks out anything else.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 08-30-2017 at 07:26 PM.

A prayer was said at church for them. My wife is from just south of there with family and friends there. Some are partially flooded. Praying for all our sisters and everyone to make it through safe and healthy.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the
    intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,

but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

We made by one foot. Right now no water in street first time since Saturday. This is going to be a long time process to get over this. Thanks for.the prayers.

The wind is picking up and it is beginning to rain again where I am east of Houston. They predict winds of 30-40 mph with gusts to 60 and lots more rain for the next few days.

The latest estimate of rain quantity is nine trillion gallons, twice the capacity of Lake Superior.

So you're saying that Texas now has the biggest lake in the U.S. About time we got around to that one. OK, ok... it's kinda spread out, but it should still count.

There's no VIRTUAL flood. It's a FLOOD--period. Our daughter lives in Wiley, Tx. Luckily she's up in the northern end and is only getting light rain and no flooding.
    Jon

The rain and wind have intensified in deep southeast Texas. We have had six inches in the last six hours. They are predicting 30 inches in the next two days. There is simply no place for the water to go. Voluntary evacuations are being called for areas that are low. Emergency responders have gone to help in Houston leaving skeletal crews here. The freeway between Houston and this area is impassable.

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Kelly View Post
    So you're saying that Texas now has the biggest lake in the U.S. About time we got around to that one. OK, ok... it's kinda spread out, but it should still count.
    If the bragging about the bigness of Texas continues, we're going to cut Alaska in half and make Texas the third largest state.

We were resigned to our 4th flood in 10 years but Harvey has shown mercy. Still dry. Rain threat has passed (although flood water got to within a foot of the back door Sunday night). Ground water is still a threat. They've shown Coast Guard evacuations from the South Fleetwood subdivision literally around the world. That is a quarter mile from us (but right on top of an angry bayou).

We've had no power since Sunday. Our transformer is under water so there's no end in sight. We evacuated to Austin where we're quite comfortable. Sandy Clifton and I went for a nice run this morning :-)

The outpouring of support has been beyond words. As one small example, my hair dresser just pinged. She's been doing my boy hair for 7 years but occasionally does my wigs and girl hair, and they all enjoy photos and when Michelle drops in. Wasn't that sweet? Hugs, Michelle

Tuesday night was intense. I never went to bed. I spent the entire night with a wet vac at the back door sucking up water is it came in the house. We got 27 inches of rain in 24 hours. The total rainfall for this area was 49 inches. That's about what we normally get in an entire year. I am fortunate. I have food, power and dry shelter. Four town houses across the street from me were flooded Today they pulled out the carpet and laminate floor. The family across the street had no food and no money. I invited them over and fed them steaks and a Caesar salad. Plus, they got to meet Jerry Ann.

Floodwaters still Cover all the roads in and out of this area. The city of Beaumont, population of about 80,000, lost its water system today. They don't know how long it Will try to make repairs and get the system going again. Grocery stores are out of food. Nothing can be restocked because this area is isolated. All roads are closed due to flooding. Restaurants can't operate without running water. Port Arthur, Texas, just a few miles to the south, is completely devastated. Every home still sits in 5 to 6 feet of water. Hundreds of volunteers with boats go into the area and extract people. Search and rescue helicopters are flying nonstop. Nursing homes and the hospitals have been evacuated. It will take many years for this corner of Texas to recover.
    Last edited by Jeri Ann; 08-31-2017 at 10:24 PM.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    As I have watched the stories and all the coverage, Jeri all you ladies have been on my mind. It's so heartbreaking to see
    all of this. I can't imagine what your dealing with. Jeri you already had much on your plate, I pray daily for all of you.
    It is great however to see how our state has come together to help everyone and begin this long term recovery
    Just know we are thinking of you may you be blessed
    Rachael Leigh