Thread: Fast food drive-thru

Silver Member

Fast food drive-thru

I had to take a short, one day turn around trip yesterday. I did it completely en femme including makeup (no foundation). Being very hungry, I decided to do a fast food drive thru. To help me look more facially feminine, I put on my pretty sun glasses. I ordered using my male voice. At the pay window, with my red nailed fingers, I gave the girl my money as I confirmed my order in my male voice.
    She never batted an eye! Business as usual. I moved up to the food window expecting to see the entire staff there waiting to see me. Nope! I confirmed my order (male voice) took the food, thanked her and drove away!
    This is not the first time I've done this, but it is the first time I didn't try to hide the fact that I was a guy presenting as a woman. I just said to heck with it and did it. From now on, at drive thrus, that's how I will do it. My courage is growing.

Good for you! I think, at least for some of us, abandoning "passing" and accepting who we are is the winning strategy.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    We all think everyone is going to look but 99% of the time nobody cares as you found out.
    Good going !!

You will find that dine-in restaurants are no different. Try it.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Done the drive thru thing many times en fem. But then I go just about anywhere as Rachael anyway.
    Don't be shy Jenny just keep going and be you

Yep try dine in next time. Drive though is nice and you dd well. You will find it gets a lot easier.
    Part Time Girl

No problems at all! My first full day out, i went to a fast food place, and i could here lots of laughing as i drove off. My wig was not a good one, and way too short, and i did not fool anyone.

Due to gynecomastia I have D cup breasts. I was mostly in guy mode. The shirt I was wearing is a 48 chest, my under bust measurement. My bust is 54". I was wearing a white leotard as an undershirt. I was showing a lot of cleavage. At a toll booth the attendant stared at my cleavage, my face with a 5 o'clock shadow and back. I got her attention gave her the money. She gave me my change and asked if my breasts were real. I flashed her 1 of my breasts and drove off.

Cheryl just too funny. I agree most don't care are lunch with wife and another crossdresser. We were there over an hour no one seemed to blink an eye. Then again we were engaged in conversation and I really didn't care to pay attention to anyone but who I was talking too
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the
    intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,

but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

I go through fast food drive-throughs whenever possible, I hate having to change, then re-dress when I get back home. The last time, I ordered using a slightly lighter voice, and was asked, "Do you want rice with that sir?" LOL. Oh well, the surprise was when I got to the window to pick up the food in a dress, lipstick, and a wig. Typically (due to my wife), I don't have more makeup on besides lipstick.

As far as drive through interactions go. I'm at 50 % one sir and one honey oh well, I'll take it. At least the honey was the the second time,

Reality Check
    It was all on video anyway. They didn't have to look out the window.

Because of some unfortunate (and costly) incidents, most of these workers have been trained to expect the unexpected and to not show any reaction. That doesn't always work of course, fast food workers don't usually come from the top 10%, but the employers are trying.

I've gone through fast food drive-through, and sometimes walk-in, many times and experienced both types of reaction, from complete nonchalance to co-workers craning their necks to get a look etc. The latter doesn't phase me at all or change how I interact. As with most situations, the more effort you put into your appearance and demeanor the better the interaction, usually. I also try to keep my voice in character without going overboard, it's all about the complete package imho.

Hi Jenny - Congratulations on your growing courage. It takes balls to present as a lady! (lol) I'm curious about your decision to do makeup without foundation. Driving en femme is a fun and safe way to get some femme time out of the house with limited interaction. I can relate to the fear and anticipation of being gawked at for crossdressing.

I think you crossed an important milestone in that you didn't try to hide that you're a guy who was presenting as a woman. As I don't plan to burn away my facial hair or take hormones, that is always going to be the bottom line reality of the situation when I go out en femme too. I'm 58 years old - but folks under 30 seem much more relaxed about a spectrum of gender expression. Progress! Take care Jenny. -Nora TBD

Silver Member
    I've done it several times. Most of the time it is just business as usual. I did have one cashier that leaned out the window so far to look at my skirt that I thought she was going to fall into my car. On another day I had a young cashier freak out and run off. I was in full male mode, but had to reach over to my other seat to pick up the change. She saw my bra line. Manager came to the window and handled the transaction with no problem.

At a toll both the female cashier was short of change and asked if I had any. I pulled over my purse and emptied my purse into my skirt. There wasn't any traffic so I counted out everything I had. As we were talking she was resting her elbows on the window sill. She could easily see i was dressed. I had on a blond wig, white blouse, bra and half slip. A floral skirt with the slip lace showing. In the several minutes I was there we talked about several things. She was very friendly and knew I was a guy. She watched as I sorted the money in my skirt and handed it to her.

Aspiring Member
    My first time out I went thru the drive thru. Not a snicker or a sideways look. I felt great, until I dropped mustard on one of my favorite outfits. I think that may be the biggest danger.
    Sara

Silver Member
    [QUOTE= I'm curious about your decision to do makeup without foundation.[/QUOTE]

Hi, Nora. I have a skin condition that makes the skin surface very rough, and it tends to hold blotches of foundation rather than release it with remover or cold creme or any oil. So, I rarely use foundation, but if its a special occasion, yes.

I habe gone thru fast food windows several times and always have used my male voice. It's all I have. Once or twice A male at the window has reacted to me, but it is no big deal. I'll never see them again

I have gone a few times and once gave the young man who waited on me my number

You should try to go inside and order there. I've done that so many time and never felt it was a problem. It's so much fun.....
    You can take pictures inside, done that too.

Quote Originally Posted by FrannGurl View Post
    I have gone a few times and once gave the young man who waited on me my number
    Lol did he call you?

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    That is definitely a confidence-booster!

I've never disguised my voice when out and about, whether out casual or doing stand-up.
    Not finding fault with those that do.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".