Thread: 6 of one and 1/2 dozen of another!

6 of one and 1/2 dozen of another!

I talked with the assistant pastor at the Methodist church I have belonged to for more than 5 years! We discussed the LGBTQ+ issues and how she felt the church members would react to an LGBTQ+ member. She said their would be welcome but probably some disgusted looks as well! There are 4 services there and each has a distinctive group of people at each! It was nice talking with her as she was a pastor in SF and said she has seen it all! I came out to her and we discussed that also! She said it was funny as we dress better than real women do! We care more about our appearance than real women do! It was just uplifting to speak with her! There was no condemnation and she prayed for me and my safety before I left! We will have a reading on the Methodist church and LGBTQ+ pastors in 2019! I am praying they come to their senses! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Glad she accepted you but notice how she wasn't sure about the congregation.
    What does that say about what she thinks of them as a whole?

I know that the church i was with would not allow me to attend, if they knew i crossdressed. I have only let a few know about it.

Tracii-I think she knows the congregation well and spoke quite openly! I know a lot of the people here to include my boss! I do not know how they would react! No I am not going to attend dressed anytime soon! Just testing the waters!
    Alice-We have a Baptist church that clearly states on a sign that the LGBTQ+ is not welcome there!
    Thanks for your responses!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Mae View Post
    She said it was funny as we dress better than real women do! We care more about our appearance than real women do!
    Not to be snarky but I know a lot of transgender people who fit that description when they first come out because it's a new experience and they've been suppressing themselves for so long. But a decade down the road, they're in sweatpants like everyone else.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

I believe that the Methodist Church is the best. A few years ago a pastor ended the service saying that our Lord doesn't care how anyone dresses. He did ask that no one wear jeans with holes etc. After the service a few of the elders were chatting when a young 20 something young man approached. He informed the Pastor that he likes to wear women's clothes. The Pastor just looked at him as if to say So. The young man then asked if he could attend Church en femme. The Pastor asked him if he was paying attention. The Pastor added to wear what he feels best wearing.
    Following Sunday. The young man wore a blue dress with a lace collar, hose and low heels.
    After the service I asked him if he would like to talk in private. He said yes. We chatted in the basement for some time. He informed me that he felt like every one was staring at him. I told him that they would get use to him being himself. I added that the Methodist Church is there for him and that some of the elders are Cross dressers. He asked who. I placed his hand on my bra strap and said that I wouldn't out others.
    The young man has attended en femme ever since. Quite often he will thank me for our chat.

Pat-I am in jeans and a tee shirt most of the time! What you said is true though!
    Cherylgyno-That is a nice story! That is at your church! Ours is a little different! However the assistant pastor did not not say I couldn't come dressed! It is me holding back on this one! As my boss goes to the same church, I do not want her to see me! Sticky, huh? LOL
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Alice-We have a Baptist church that clearly states on a sign that the LGBTQ+ is not welcome there!
    I would dearly like to believe that this is the exception to the rule. However, I have encountered enough hypocrisy from religious organizations that I remain skeptical.

But I am happy to hear that many here have found acceptance by their respective churches.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Th pastor and associate pastor both know and have seen pics of me en femme, but I wouldn't go to church dressed. Methodists don't accept gay ministers.

I have been to a UU church and a Presbyterian church en femme and accepted both times.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

There are 4 services there and each has a distinctive group of people at each!
    As my boss goes to the same church, I do not want her to see me!
    We tend to be creatures of habit. You boss probably attends the same service every week. If the day you don't hold yourself back arrives you could always worship at one of the other three.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Religious belief and church attendance is far more usual in the US than in England - I won't speak for Scawtland, Wales or Oyrland. The problem every parish has in England is ever ageing, ever dwindling congregations. I'd say they'd be torn between accepting anyone they could get and offending the conservative members. It would be interesting to talk to priests about it.

It's also interesting that torn jeans would still be considered inappropriate, while crossdressing would be allowed. The whole notion of Sunday Best indicates a focus on something other than belief and worship, and is tied into social respectability, so it bodes well for crossdressing that an institution as established and conservative as the Church is beginning to accept it- as has the military- another institution always desperate for new members.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Jodie-It all depends on whether they honor the tenets of Judge not that ye may not be judged! and Love your neighbor as yourself! You can not hate or discriminate if you follow those two!
    Steffi-The United Church of Christ is accepting also!
    Tracy-That is what I figured also!
    Nikki-That was a major problem when I was growing up! The church was mostly older people who were very conservative! You must wear your Sunday best! That is hogwash! If God wants to see you naked(I don't know why He would) He could and all the Sunday finest would not change it! Our military has been ordered to not have transgendered troops! Hate and bigotry!
    Thanks for responding!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Lana, the true rendering is to CONDEMN NOT, THAT YOU NOT BE CONDEMNED. We all make many judgments and decisions everyday, and are discriminating, not in a condemning way, though. My church is a Saturday sabbath observing church of God. I do not think they condemn us, but think it is wrong to wear clothing that pertains to the other sex, or being gay. I do have a gay friend in it, but he is celibate now. He is accepted, but i do not think they would accept me attending dressd as Alice. I would get a good talkin too, and told to repent, and no longer do it. So, many dressers
    do not let their churches know about their dressing! Thanks for this thread!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I have to agree with the minister woman. Most of us dress FAR CLASSIER, than most GG's in this time we live in now.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 08-29-2017 at 04:33 PM.

I've found that my UCC church has been accepting. I've also been told that I dress better than most of the GGs.
    MCC churches are also very accepting, more LGBT members also.

Alice-Thanks for the true rendering! It is more like what you do to others and how you treat them than what you wear! Yes I think she knows a bit about us!
    Nikki-What is MCC? I know UCC and UMC but not MCC! And I will probably feel stupid once you tell me! LOL
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!