Thread: Helping motorist on Michigan Avenue Chicago

Helping motorist on Michigan Avenue Chicago

I was out driving Uber tonight in full dress saw some people broke down with a flat tire in the middle of Michigan Avenue downtown Chicago in front of the John Hancock Center I stopped tried to help them get their tire changed but was unable cuz they don't have a wheel lock but there I was skirt blouse breast forms hose wig and full makeup the best thing was as they were thankful for my help and it was a total rush for me

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    That was nice of you to stop and try to help.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 08-26-2017 at 03:46 PM. Reason: The discussion of weapons is not allowed.

Cassandra. Far too often people won't stop these days. Good of you to stop.

Reality Check
    People don't stop for fear of being robbed or harmed. It's not unknown for a criminal to pretend to have car trouble and when somebody stops to help, they are robbed or their car is stolen.

It's certainly a shame our country has come to this bus it has. Best to have AAA or something similar and stay in the car with the doors locked until they arrive. You might even want to call the police and tell them about your situation.

I have only been stuck a few times. Law enforcement always found me before a motorist. Kudos to you for making an effort.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    That is so wonderful that you helped someone who needed.....

OMG! YOU DRIVE UBER WHILE DRESSES?? THAT'S JUST AWESOME!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Platinum Member
    I'm glad you were willing to help. The wheel locks are a problem. I guess the real solution is to have cheap wheels!

Of course, I've read stories about criminals posing as stalled motorists. I'm sure its happened. But I have never met anyone who fell victim to such a ploy, and I've certainly never been robbed or threatened...ever in 64 years. Such is the state of the world we live in. (Not nearly so dangerous as our little reptilian brain would anticipate)

I think these experiences are the best- since people feel us as loving good people and realize instantly that the dress is just fine- it goes with love. Meanwhile we are free at last! Taking my mom around did the same thing, it was as normal as apple pie for me to be wearing a dress and attending to her, and chatting away with whoever was around.

Now I don't really like to go out alone as much- it works to just get the message out that mirls exist and are not a threat, but being with someone activates so many other parts of our wholeness that are dying to get out and dance.
    We are all beautiful...!

Sad, but true what Krisi wrote. You have to be very careful these days, and trust your gut, when evaluating people "broke down" . They may be "down broke", wanting to rob someone. Most of the time, you can tell , but not always. I was asked by a father with his kids once, for a jump start, on the very first time i was out during daylight, and i said yes, and got out my cables and got his car started, but he told his kids not to look!!

I passed a guy trying to get his car started stuck at an intersection. Went home got tools and went back up to him and helped him. Yes many people just get stuck or a flat tire. I don't think that many people do it to rob people. But in today society it could indeed happen. Just trust your gut and do help people in dire situations Nice going Cassandrab.
    Part Time Girl

Gold Member
    Michigan Ave can be a busy place. You are a brave person to try to change a tire
    on Michigan Ave.
    Rader

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    OMG! YOU DRIVE UBER WHILE DRESSES?? THAT'S JUST AWESOME!
    Awesome indeed!!! Would love to hear more about it. How do people react? Ever lose any fares?

Silver Member
    I have found that when you help people they appreciate you even when you are dressed or obviously wearing women's clothes. My neighbors know I CD but know I'll stop what I'm doing and help them no matter how I'm dressed.