Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Low testosterone

Low testosterone

How many of you have low testosterone? I'm just curious as I have been extremely low for many years. My curiosity is wondering if it is more common in the transgender world?

Banned Read only
    My levels are normal as of June, and always have been.

Nope. Never had a reason to test.

Now low metabolism? That is another story...

I am still okay at 65 and counting.
    Part Time Girl

Low. About 40% of normal for my age.

I'm 62 and still full of piss n' vinegar.
    Jon

Banned Read only
    Silky,
    The high T level has been the driving force literally all my life, I did ask what happens to my dressing when it finally diminishes . There's no conclusive answer , some CDers have lost the need to to dress, most have continued even though the sexual side has almost gone. So to me and possibly others there are layers of why we need to dress, a sexual side , a female trait, all I know is it gets stronger when I was expecting it to die down.

I would say there is an even spread in the TG community of various levels of T , that's possibly why we tell a slightly different story about the way our CDing started and the course it's taken .

Mine is low

I was in my late 60's when it was tested prior to starting HRT and it was through the roof! Pretty much enough T to power three 40 year olds!
    My conclusion is that as a group our T levels are pretty much all over the map and may have little to do with crossdressing.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Mine are normal but too much for my liking

Gail xxx

Mine were low when considering IVF, not sure about when I was 3 years old and started cross dressing
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

My Doc asked me if I feel ok?....Why I ask, well he says, your T is almost non existent! I told him I feel great, and does this dress make me look fat ?!?
    Lace and Smiles,
    Lisa!

T levels have shown a very poor correlation to gender variance. Any involvement is limited at best. Essentially, T levels are overridden by other factors that produce gender variance. That said, for most, controlling T level is important in transition, especially if there is HRT to feminize the physical body. Estrogens though, in males, have a fairly pronounced effect not only physically but emotionally. It also tends to destroy much of your sexual motivation which, in males, does tend to be related to T levels.

Mine are average for someone in their mid fifties.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Reality Check
    I don't know about the transgender world, but in the world I live in, my testosterone is a bit low. Low enough to have been prescribed a gell to raise it.
    Last edited by Krisi; 09-21-2017 at 08:02 AM.

According to my last test my T is at the bottom of the normal range.

At the age of 36 I was rather low like 450 mg or whatever the measurement was.

I started Test therapy last year. I have more energy and am able to keep the weight off. For me the test drove up my desire to dress (you would think it would lower it) not that I mind at all....

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Never had mine tested so I have no idea if it affects my gender dysphoria.
    I don't think it would have anything to do with it.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    No idea what my level is, never had a test, but I have very little interest in sex and my desire to CD is increasing, especially in the last few years.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Mine was quite low, low enough that my pharmacy has to special order the injectable replacement medication to get my dosage. My doctor suspects it has probably been pretty low all of my life. Even with the meds, I am sitting on the low side of normal, but my other numbers are right where the doctor prefers them.
    In between the bright lights and the far, unlit unknown...

Never had mine tested but I do suspect that I do have low T due to no sex drive at all.
    Amanda

My levels were low.

I'm thinking this was a life time problem only recently diagnosed at 61. I do injections every 12 days and have been doing this for almost 2 years now. It has helped significantly with my diabetes, my ED and my depression issues.

The other plus's, your testicles will shrink to grape size (easy tuck!), it will create (if you didn't already have this going on) Gynecomastia and your stomach will be flat! The negative, your body hair comes in with a vengeance.

I do feel a bit of gender dysphoria (which can feed into raging pink flu) as if the T were pushing me to be a man and my body and mind wanting to fight back.

There's part of me that wonders if I'd asked for estrogen instead.

I have never had mine tested, but I would guess it is low.

I am pretty sure mine is quite low, at age 63, never married. Dry tree!

Overall I have been low. On supplements
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.