Granted this isn't a life changing thing, but with this being the date of my physical shell coming into existence and with being on vacation and having to much free time on my hands it started me thinking. As any who have legally transitioned, and any one who has seriously thought about it are aware the chance of your physical birthday and legally coming into existence being the same day is almost nil, in other words these days are almost always going to be two different days.

I know for me, the day that the real me came into existence is much more meaningful to me than the day that my physical shell came into existence. I will allow others to continue to think of my birthday as the day I physically came into being, but for myself the day that I started to exist as my true self will be the day that I consider my new/true birthday.

Now for legal matters I know that you need to use the date that you were physically born. What I'm wondering is those of you who have or are planning on legally transitioning which date means more to you. Do you celebrate on the day that you physically were born, the day that the real you came into existence (legally recognized as existing), or both.

Note: Anyone is free to respond to this, all I ask is that you state if you are speaking from actual experience, as an opinion based on having given this consideration due to plans of transitioning, or an opinion due to reading this post.

Thanks all