Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very Odd Internet Romance--Possible Predator?

Danam you are not listening, get out of there whilst you're whole!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I would get the heck out of there ASAP.
    Save a pic or two of hers then search later.
    When you deal with that kink online you are asking for trouble.

I read all bullet points- delete your AM account to show commitment? NOPE NOPE NOPE
    NOPE
    Probably a woman and guy because of the two writing styles or just one gender and on the side of psychotic
    Just my two cents (sense)
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

get out before malware gets dumped on you and exposes you completely, out, out, out you must go.

Silver Member
    This is like an old horror movie, everyone but the main character can hear the scary music playing in the background! Get Out!

I'm a member of another site where mistress scams are prevalent. I've had many message contacts from "mistresses". Their photos are always of a very attractive woman but never full dominatrix image. Other members of the site have complained about these scams and they slow down for a while, but always come back.

• The photos look real but they aren't.
    • Unusual style of speaking is a tip off that it's a scam from a foreigner that knows English, but hasn't conversed much with Americans or other English speaking folks.

I don't know anything about the rest of your bullet points because I've never engaged with any of these messages I've been sent. But even a real dominatrix will charge you for her services.

Your situation is different because if she wants to meet you she must live in your area. Unless - the next step is to ask you for traveling money, which is a common scam. Ask her where she lives. In fact, you should ask lots of questions as a way to screen her. Then use your BS detector!

I know of a woman that met a "General" that's very wealthy on the internet with several photos of himself. At a certain point he ask for money to be sent so they could meet. It might be great to meet an honest dominatrix or mistress but this doesn't look like the one.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Judy-Somthing View Post
    Try doing a reverse photo search on Google, you may find that her photos were taken from the internet.
    This, Judy is dead on and the whole thing sounds fishy as hell. What happened to the good ole fashioned way of meeting people? Why the internet where anyone can be anyone? I wouldn't meet her for anything. Tracii said Your not 16 and i agree with her. stop acting like a child and forget the fantasies and you'll see this should be a no go for you.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Danger, Will Robinson.

I'm not saying you're talking to one but today's bots are very sophisticated. They can hold a conversation for over an hour and you won't figure out you are talking to a computer. The Internet is filled with advice on ways to test and drive a potential bot conversation.

Yes you are being played probably by 2 people.
    They dont read what you wrote or answer the question you ask.
    oh hell have some fun with it BUT DON'T MEET UP!!!!!
    play along like we are going to have a great time and the things we are going to do and such.
    for that matter tell her you just come into some money and looking to go have some fun on a tropical island.

dont take your clothes off in a video chat dont do a video chat it will be used against you
    I have a very good friend that fell into a thing on facebook it didn't end up being nice they recorded what they did and what he did and then blackmailed him
    his business is in the toilet so he doesnt have a lot of money well they forwarded it to his friends on facebook oh my hell you should have seen the firestorm from it.
    I should say all his friends got to see this.

So be careful becareful of the red flags with anyone you chat with dont send money to anyone you haven't met
    meet in a public place. first time always
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

Thank you, everyone for the advice. I knew I could count on the community here to provide support!

Thus far, I don't think my computer has been "pwned" because I've been careful. I know what that word "pwned" is, if that's any clue. lol

While it sounds like fun to continue the conversation and play around, the whole thing is just too creepy to continue. I'll stop communicating and maybe she'll disappear. If not, I can start deleting accounts without too much trouble. I have a layer or two between my real and online identities, so I'm pretty confident I can disappear (errr, that "male" persona can disappear) without too much trouble.
    Been around for a while, been away for a while. On the verge of coming back...Help me!

I'm sure there are honest pro-Dommes out there but I think it would be best to approach one based on their reputation. If they approach you first it would seem very risky. The pro-Domme route wouldn't work for me because I would always assume they are not really into it except for the money. Others may be able to overlook such things in order to get their fantasy fulfilled but I don't think I could and have never given it serious thought. Of course there are those guys that get off on showering a Domme with gifts and money while getting nothing but contempt in return. Apparently they don't get enough of that at home. I'm not one of those. I like money even more than sex.

I say exercise caution my friend. Not everything is always as it seems to be.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Irving View Post
    Danger, Will Robinson.

I'm not saying you're talking to one but today's bots are very sophisticated. They can hold a conversation for over an hour and you won't figure out you are talking to a computer. The Internet is filled with advice on ways to test and drive a potential bot conversation.
    I haven't thought of that. If not a bot, I'm sure it would supply a job for someone in a foreign country to keep the conversation going.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Joanne~ View Post
    What happened to the good ole fashioned way of meeting people? Why the internet where anyone can be anyone? I wouldn't meet her for anything.
    This thread got me thinking about that too. I remember a psychologist saying that within 20 seconds of meeting someone (in person) you'll have a good idea of whether you're interested in getting to know them better or not.

A few actual photos and lengthy conversation on the internet isn't really all that unreliable, but people with an angle tend to lie either way. When going out on a first date how many people are completely up front about everything? Very few.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Silver Member
    Try turning the tables on her instead. Make some demands and see how she responds. I don't know what those demands might be, however. But the non standard English screams "Fisherman" to me. Drop this like it's burning your fingers.

AM got MASSIVELY hacked. Majorly hacked. Mightily hacked. And probably lots of other words beginning with other letters...
    Do NOT do this. It won't end well.

I have been following this thread since this morning. Stay away. Shut it down!

You've already realised that this is something to walk away from. The very fact you've asked the question here says you've recognised that this is something to avoid like the plague.

Sixth sense, spidy sense, gut feeling, common sense, all are telling you this ain't right. Trust your instincts. Do nothing more than leave well alone, walk away, forget and ignore. Scammers work by making things seem totally plausible. Offering you the things you desire. However, as in this case, as you've realised, they always make mistakes, errors. However there's always those who choose to ignore these errors, the signs and carry on. These are the ones who end up either penniless and or humiliated. Please don't join their ranks.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I dated a GG that told me she was into in dom/sub and was on a site with a chat room. I did a lot of research made an account and went to chat room to find out what she was up to. I can tell you all the signs you mentioned, especially a private and quick meeting = bot, scam, abuser or at best case a newbie that would use you as a test dummy and we know what happens to test dummies. Don't run sprint away as fast as you can while you still have the ability.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the
    intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,

but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Danam, try doing a reverse search on the pictures on google, if the pictures are on the net it will tell you, for example, where the person is from.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Id say meeting someone is nice. Ive taken chances and met a few nice men but also a bad experience once, because I didn't trust my gut. Don't be so anxious that you miss warning signs though

Sorry to be late to the game. Let's see . . . before meering her, delete your account and with it all the forensic evidence of the chats leading up to your disappearance/blackmail/strongarm robbery. Take your own restraints to your kidnapping. Act like a young teen chasing her first heart throb.

Please write you name, phone number, and next of kin on the inside of your arm with a Sharpie.

Every subsequent conversation about you will begin with the phrase: "What was she thinking?"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Quote Originally Posted by danam View Post
    It's initials for a name. For example, the "A" could be "Ashley" and the "M" could be "Madison". Something like that. :wink:

Thank you for helping me see the obvious. It's all just TOO EASY for it to be true. I am just so floored at how quickly she wants to move forward without a detailed vetting process.

I will try the reverse image search idea--I hadn't thought of that!
    When the hack of Ashley Madison became public, some researchers found that an extremely high percentage of the "women" were bots and some were very sophisticated bots at that. Don't waste any more of your time on this. Life is too short.
    "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think." - The Buddha

I wouldn't show up anywhere alone...unless you want to make the news stories, be a star on Americas unsolved crimes, or have a death wish. Always remember if it sounds too good to be true it probably isn't true. The very least is probably a bunch of kids or guys having fun at your expense. Be careful Danam.

Danam this sounds seriously dodgy. Given your bullet points there's too much that doesn't add up. It's likely a scam or worse. Avoid!

100% a scam, but it looks like you've worked that out now. Always trust your instincts with a leaning to your safety.