Thread: Getting Dressed

Reality Check

Getting Dressed

OK, this is a bit silly but this morning I stood and rummaged through clothes for far too long.

As a guy, I get up, put on a pair of panties (OK, that's not "guy" like), a pair of jeans or jean shorts and grab any shirt out of the closet, slip it on, shave and I'm on my way.

So this morning I get up and have to decide what color blouse I want to wear. I need to know in advance so I can choose what color bra to wear. I'm going to wear jeggings today so the blouse has to go well with the jeggings or vice versa. I can't wear an orange blouse with maroon jeggings. So I screwed up and chose blue panties before choosing the maroon jeggings and black top. It took two tries with the top because the first pick was too dressy for jeggings.

Then of course, pick out a necklace, bracelets and earrings that go together and aren't too dressy for jeggings. Shoes are easy, black flats. Same for the wig, I only wear one.

Shaving is the same as guy mode but a little more thorough. Beard cover, makeup and lipstick are last and I'm ready to go.

Even if I was still working and wearing dress clothes, I wouldn't have these problems.

But, I'm dressed now, looking good and life is good.

Yes, girl mode takes so much longer to get coordinated! Life is so good! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Read only
    I don't know, even when dressed 100% male my clothes have to match or at least go together.

Reality Check
    Jeans go with any color.

A black or grey suit goes with any dress shirt and tie. That leaves you to color coordinate the shirt and tie. Pretty easy.

I wish I had those problems.

Wake up, throw on work clothes, brush my teeth, comb my hair and out the door. Ten minutes at the most.

Indeed the fem clothes are so inviting it take a while to figure it out sometimes. And other days no problem at all.
    Part Time Girl

This not silly! It is a nearly every day occurrence for me and anyone else who is trying to look good when presenting as a woman. This is a great example of some of the differences between men and "women".
    Hugs, Carole

My wife points this out as a reason why she doesn't understand my addiction to women's clothes. "Why go through that when you don't have to?"
    I think that because of the experience, I understand better than most husbands why it takes her so long to get ready to go out. And why I'm willing to help her choose her outfit.
    I feel that there is some psychological benefit to successfully making yourself look nice as opposed to throwing on anything to cover yourself as males are encouraged to do.

I find that it takes the time I let it. Yesterday I forgot I had an appointment until the alarm on my phone gave me a 15 minute warning. I shaved, did minimal makeup, dressed, brushed out my hair and was out the door in less than 10 minutes (and was on time for the appointment.) I have a formal meeting coming up in a week, and I'm already obsessing over that now. I know I'll be getting up early for it and fully expect to spend a couple of hours getting ready. (I also fully expect to be about 300 feet down the road when I remember something that I'll wish I hadn't -- jewelry, sunglasses -- something.)
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

When I work from home (like today) I go through Pantyhose, stockings, tops, skirts and active wear like crazy as my mood changes throughout the day...I do like that I can wear heels all day, and it is good for my health as I get up and strut around much more than if in drab.

Only twice, that's not bad. I never wear the first thing I put on, that is unless I picked it out like the day before.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Jeans go with any color. black or grey suit goes with any dress shirt and tie. That leaves you to color coordinate the shirt and tie. Pretty easy
    It's not that easy for me. Even just jeans and a t-shirt in guy mode, I will agonize over what t-shirt looks the best with that pair of jeans.

Then end up changing shirts a few times or jeans, because I don't like the way I look.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 08-31-2017 at 07:46 PM.

Banned Read only
    Krisi,
    It's a part I truly enjoy, getting the outfit to work, maybe having to buy something to make it work. The hard part is deciding what is overdressing or not making enough effort, I usually overdo it !

As for the prep work I shave close every morning and do my chest and legs, check any other areas that need attention , then apply my lift and firm Olay cream , that never varies whether I'm doing some rough manual work or slipping into something more comfortable .

I don't wear jeans or any female trousers but that may have to change when I'm living alone and dressing more , I'll have to learn more about everyday makeup and will probably have to buy more tights, especially opaque one for the colder weather. I fancy some girly wellies to walk the dog . No it's not silly there is so much to think about when it's on a daily basis .
    Last edited by Teresa; 08-31-2017 at 03:24 PM.

Teresa if you over do it here you will get away with it!

Banned Read only
    Bobbi,
    I had that conversation with Carole today , so I hope I will find out next year .

I will be sending an Email to update you when I get a breathing space, this house selling business is very time consuming , I'm very hopeful of a viewing tomorrow ( Friday 5.00pm ) then I can formally bid on my new home.

I have not gone out in public yet, this year. The rare times that i do, i seem to have to have the look almost "perfect", before stepping out of that car or truck door, and I am sure i over think, and worry way too much. I do try to color match my guy clothes, too now. years ago, i never even thought about color matching my guy clothes, until a few GG's at church told me about it. I looked like Clem Kaddidlehopper, of Red Skelton old shows! A real "dysfunctional old bachelor" look, you could spot a mile away!! You old timers might remember The Red Skelton Show! If those ladies who advised me about my clashing guy clothes colors could only see me as stylish Alice now!!

Aspiring Member
    I wake up, take off my nightdress and put on bra, panties, tights and dress and jewellery. A dress means I don't have to think too much - just match the tights and shoes, then silver or pearls work with almost everything. I remove everything but panties to go to work and on return, shower and get dressed in a new outfit. Almost all of free time spent in dress or skirt. Only when I am going out is there this thing with trying lots of outfits and sometimes not even then. With male stuff the choice is limited and it is not an issue.

Silver Member
    Womens clothes are WAY more fun than men's clothes. That's not to say it's easy. Not every outfit I put together looks great on me, but a big part of the fun is when I look in the mirror and say "Bingo! That's It!" Because when I get out in the world dressed just right, I feel fantastic, like I can conquer the world. No male outfit has ever done that for me.

On the other hand, I can see how a woman who has been dressing all her life might feel like it's a never ending battle, but I just haven't reached that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    I can't wear an orange blouse with maroon jeggings.
    You can wear them in Blacksburg, Virginia. That color combination is very Hokie.

I am not quite at the color coordination level yet. My girl clothes tend to be monochromatic, i.e. mostly black or red. My problem is that I can't tell what colors go with what, either in guy or girl mode.

Check the weather, check your plans, then get everything ready the night before?
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Reality Check
    Thinking about this a little more, women's tops and bottoms not only have colors, they often have patterns or prints, you wouldn't want to wear a polka dot top with a plaid skirt. So not only do you have to concern your self with the colors, you have to concern yourself with a print or pattern. Very seldom will you find men's pants that are anything but a solid color. Same for dress shirts. Only a necktie might have a pattern and as long as the color goes with the shirt it's fine.