Thread: Close call 1 & 2

Close call 1 & 2

I have for some time been shopping online for clothes, being able to collect from a shop of my choice.
    I thought until the other week that the only downside to this was that it was too easy to accumulate a lot of gear.
    Imagine my shock when first a package is delivered to my home address (as I had exceeded the time allowed to sample the goods
    before returning them for a refund). And then the other day a second package is delivered due to the shop mistakenly withdrawing from the service.
    Not wishing to out myself to my SO at the time, I managed to convince her that the vendors had inadvertently sent the packages to my address by mistake.
    I have holiday time coming up which I will use to choose my moment. It is long overdue and has to be done.
    The option of dumping my very large haul of clothing and forgetting my life as a CD would be too much of a wrench.
    While I function quite happily when in guy mode, I have to find a way to bring Joanne out into the open.

There are only so many hiding places before discovery becomes inevitable . Good luck!

Some use a small storage facility, they go there to dress and then go out.
    Part Time Girl

Choose your words wisely. Really speak from your heart. BE HONEST. And most of all.... don't expect this to be easy. But you must come clean to your loved one.

Good to see that you had a back-up idea to cover yourself. I use a slightly different male name and pick the goods from the post office ( I carry proof that I own the account ), I have had a package turn up addressed to my credit card name though!
    Good luck keeping it under wraps and happy holiday
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Yes, it is too convenient to do online shopping and have your collection increase past the point of easily hiding clothes (I know from past experience). I store things in boxes and if anything new doesn't fit within those space restrictions, then something old needs to go.

In the case of sent packages, I send things addressed by first initial/last name to make it harder to associate it with the true me.

Also, I use gift cards or pre-paid Visa cards for payment so that nothing is tied to my personal credit cards.

Hi Joanne,
    If you do decide to come out, good luck, i hope it all goes well for you.
    All you can do is be honest about how you really feel and, if your partner is positive, try not to rush things.
    It isn't easy but it is still preferable to having to explain things if you were to get caught.
    Last edited by Krea; 09-01-2017 at 06:37 AM.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Reality Check
    If you are trying to hide the fact that you are a crossdresser from someone living in the same house as you (in this case your wife), it's not a matter of if you will get caught, it's a matter of when you will get caught. Excuses might work for a while but eventually they won't. Something will happen that you can't explain. Maybe she will get sick at work and come home early to find you prancing around in the living room wearing a tutu. Maybe she will find your clothes or wig hairs.

I'm not going to tell you to come clean, that's a decision for you to make. Just understand that if you decide to tell her you can do it on your terms. If she catches you, it's on her terms.

Joanne, I am out to my fiancee. However, when I was married I kept my stuff mixed in with her clothes she no longer wore. She was somewhat of a hoarder and never through anything away, so I did not worry about it.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    If you are trying to hide the fact that you are a crossdresser from someone living in the same house as you (in this case your wife), it's not a matter of if you will get caught, it's a matter of when you will get caught. Excuses might work for a while but eventually they won't. Something will happen that you can't explain. Maybe she will get sick at work and come home early to find you prancing around in the living room wearing a tutu. Maybe she will find your clothes or wig hairs.

I'm not going to tell you to come clean, that's a decision for you to make. Just understand that if you decide to tell her you can do it on your terms. If she catches you, it's on her terms.
    Krisi said just about everything I wanted to quite well. I was in your situation at one time and when I was told it was "When not If" I didn't believe them and I was wrong. There is always a risk of having your relationship fail when you come out and I wish you the best should your crossdressing suddenly be revealed. But often it's the fact that you didn't trust her enough to share this side of you that seals the deal. If she has any idea of what was in those packages she is possibly already wondering and asking questions. Good luck as you work your way through this.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Yikes.

I don't mean about the packages, I mean about having THAT conversation with your SO.

You've been a member since 2008 so I'm sure you've read a vast amount here by now about others' experiences, but I'm also sure that doesn't make approaching the subject one bit easier.

I wish you the very best.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    How devious we may become when we try to deceive-----
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Roberts View Post
    Choose your words wisely. Really speak from your heart. BE HONEST. And most of all.... don't expect this to be easy. But you must come clean to your loved one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post

I totally agree.
    Just one more thing that may be you read in other like this situations and post or ththreads, open your heart completely, don't hide things so she can appreciate your honesty, to the obvious question why you didn't tell her before my real answer was because I don't even myself could understand at the beginning and I even sometimes tried to hide it even from myself purging but it's imposible to deny who we are...Finally, don't expect things are going to change from night to morning, control yourself ansnif you love her do that love her whatever reaction or answer she has....
    Good luck and please keep us posted...
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

You have to tell her! No matter how well you THINK you have hidden your stash, she WILL inevitably find it!!! Either by accident or by design, it will happen one day. When that day comes, you will most likely be labeled a liar, and probably be accused of having an affair. You can not live with someone for a long period of time and not get caught! Either you will slip up and forget to put something away, or she will stumble upon your stash.

I think you should try to find a way to expose your identity to her ,,,you cannot hide for ever ,,,,,
    Cross-dressing is a cross between woman's soul and man's heart.....

I have no choice but to tell my SO in the next few weeks, when I have time off work.
    The spare room where my stash is needs to be accessed and made ready for redecoration and use.
    The time has come, as I cannot keep it to myself any longer.
    Having all your support means an awful lot, and it will give me great pleasure to post on here that I have finally come out.

Be honest. Tell her how much you love her and how much her love and support means to you. If you hid your cross dressing from her because you were afraid of losing her tell her that. She will need your honesty. Encourage her to ask questions and be prepared to answer from the heart. She will need to know where she stands and what this means in terms of your relationship.
    Best wishes for a happy outcome.