Thread: Laboring away on labor day

Laboring away on labor day

Received a visit from an old friend today. She called and asked if it was alright since she does know about my self expression and didn't want to surprise me but I O.K.ed the visit and explained that I no longer "hide" in my own house and would love to see her. Soon a knock on the fully open view glass storm door and I excitedly let her in and into the kitchen we went(where else do girls congregate?). Now I'd been doing some gardening and was now cleaning my house, a spring cleaning but in summer so I asked if she would mind if I continued, I had so many things started and needed to keep up with them and she said "I'll just tag along and we can talk". During our conversation she said the most interesting thing, she asked if I was thinking about settling down with someone because I was "nesting" a term used when women set up house and contemplate raising a family. A first for me usually I get the "you would make a great wife for someone" quote. Now I 'm no slob but keeping a clean house is difficult sometimes and I needed to clean(what would the neighbors think of a messy house).She did make some very positive comments about how I seem to be more at peace with myself and my actions are more fluid and less masc. and that I have embraced my femme self as my natural inclination. We talked about all sorts of things (shoes,clothes,hair styles,) and got caught up on our lives, it just felt so right. Well time flew and all too soon she was gone with a promise to keep in touch more but life gets in the way a lot and times goes by quickly so who knows. Funny how we are perceived by others when we are distanced by time and the changes we undergo are so gradual we never notice ourselves. Well it was a nice time with an old friend, I hope everyone enjoyed my story and at least brightened one day after all we are just people going about our lives, just to a different drummer.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

That is a great story. Yes for us or the ones around us change is often do gradual no one seems to take notice. The part I like the most is how comfortable you are being you. The peace you must feel has to be awesome. Congrats on being just who you are and enjoying life.😊
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the
    intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,

but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Platinum Member
    That is a lovely story. I hope you can stay connected with your old friend!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I enjoyed reading your post Allisa, thanks for sharing.

Karen

Great story! Hope you two can keep in touch! You are so comfortable in your self! Good friends are like a ray of sunshine in our lives! Best wishes Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Great story. Thanks for sharing.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Silver Member
    Allisa, I too have been told that I would make a great wife for someone. It was once broached by the mother of a friend when I was young. Now that I'm much older, I do realize that I fit in as one of the girls and probably would. Have you thought about it?

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Yes I did enjoy your story. Casual acceptance is the best sort.
    I used to have a short attention spa