Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: American CD girls and their therapists.

American CD girls and their therapists.

American CD girls go to their therapists.
    We British CD girls however rely on our stiff upper lip and just get on with it.
    [I am going to be lynched for this thread aren't I?]

Suzy with a death wish this morning.

This is going to be fun to watch Suzy
    Keely

One of the Reds

Hi Suzy,

I think you wrote this with tongue in cheek. At least I hope so. I know of at least one Brit on this forum that has gone to therapy. Kind of funny, when you think that Americans have to pay for it.

So, why would Brits not go? Personally, my therapist has been very successful in boosting my self esteem and ameliorating feelings of guilt and shame I have dragged with me my whole life. Particularly with a wife that hates that part of me and refuses to think that I was born this way, that even if I were, it's still a choice that I don't have to act on.

Maybe in the UK people are more progressive and the issues many of us face in America are not so prevalent there. Let us know why you think your assertion is true. Interesting.

Us, of the most misunderstood and smallest minority letter of LGBTQ, should be the least likely to make generalized statements about a particular group. After all, how stereotypical is it to assume that if you CD, you are gay? Even gays that I've met have a hard time understanding that if we feel feminine, why don't we all have an attraction to men?

I imagine this post probably will garner some interesting replies! Hope it stays in the realm of jest and not animosity or anger.

Stiff upper lip with lipstick. Years ago I went to a therapist. However, it wasn't because I thought there was something wrong with me. I went to figure out how to deal with those (family and friends) who had a problem with my CDing. I was fine with it myself, still am.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by ChristinaK View Post
    Hi Suzy,

I think you wrote this with tongue in cheek.

Hope it stays in the realm of jest and not animosity or anger.
    Of course it was tongue in cheek, and whats wrong with getting a little cat fight going anyway?

Remember girls, life is for having fun.......meow

You won't be lynched but might take some heat from those helped by therapy.

Silver Member
    Gosh Suzi, guess it depends on where in each country you go. Sure, rowdies from Newcastle might not, but that little mincing Georgie from London way? Kind of like a red neck from Mississippi or a Blue Blood Yank from Connecticut!

And before you all get bent out of shape, remember I'm a dude who likes to wear women's cloths and call my self Meghan. I am not one to be casting stones.

And I don't have a therapist, but maybe I should?
    Last edited by Meghan4now; 09-05-2017 at 06:36 AM.

I'm with Meghan, the U.S. is not monolithic.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    Of course it was tongue in cheek, and whats wrong with getting a little cat fight going anyway?

Remember girls, life is for having fun.......meow
    OK - you've had your laugh, now go down into the tubes and start singing "There will always be an England"

HMMMM - can't seem to find a sticking my tongue out at you emoticon

Banned Read only
    Suzy,
    The big problem with the UK is budget cuts within the NHS.

I did get general counselling through my GP and went onto see a gender counsellor again through him , my 16 sessions finished at six through budget cuts. I didn't mind as much because of my age but my counsellor felt bad about younger couples having no where to turn especially on low incomes .

The clinics are overflowing, one concern I have is the age is getting younger , that is a real concern about what has changed so much in our society to see so very young children at gender clinics .

I can't jump on my soap box about ways to save the NHS, but if something doesn't radically change soon we won't have a health service .

To take up some other comments , I have been surprised how the UK society is more accepting of our CDing than many of our US members .

Don't forget the saying , " Many a true word spoken in jest !"

I know we joke about the US having a therapist for everything, and the Brits are known for soldiering on .
    Last edited by Teresa; 09-05-2017 at 07:25 AM.

As Bill the Cat was wont to say, " THBLBBBBPTH!" Note the use of "wont." Just trying to speak a little English. Therapy comes in many forms, professionals, good friends who listen, good friends who write, and, for some, from within ones self. And of course, there are all you lovely people.

Banned Read only
    I can't say that I have ever been to a therapist except for the ones my parents drug me to when I was young trying to cure me.

The only thing I learned in therapy was tell adults (and therapists) what they want to hear and life will be easier because nobody really wants to hear the truth.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 09-06-2017 at 01:44 PM.

Suzy, are you trying to start a fight between the Yanks and Brits? Fine, we'll kick your ass............again.

Nicole....LMAO!

Hi Suzy,

Sure, I go to therapy, my next appointment is tomorrow as a matter of fact. It's not necessarily for me as I have long since accepted myself for who and what I am, but it has been very beneficial for my wife as she comes to terms with my crossdressing.

Elizabeth

My Girls and I shall once again come in and pick up the pieces for you lot!

Just another Aussie watching your back!

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Long answer:
    I went to a therapist for a short time as a teenager, not for cd reasons, but cuz I was a wild child. It really turned my life around. Probably could have used some therapy about cd issues earlier in life, but that would have meant coming out to the therapist - way to scary. So, guess I'm with Suzy, I just toughed it out until I got old enough to accept myself and know in my heart that there is nothing wrong with me (well actually there are a lot of things wrong with me, but cd'ing is not one of them).

Short answer:
    We Chicago girls don't need no stupid therapy and any-a-you says otherwise is gonna get their asses kicked!!!

������ Julie
    Last edited by Julie Slowinski; 09-05-2017 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Forgot to add my sweet little kisses signoff. Keep dat in mind while I'm kick'n your ass.

Therapy? I don't need no stinking therapy!

When I was a kid we were taught that people went to therapist because they were sick in the head.
    You don't even go to a doctor unless it is to reattach a severed body part.
    Just rub some dirt on it and move on.

Latter in life I found that we were dirt poor and could not afford a doctor visit.
    It is still difficult for me to break that thought pattern and go see a doctor.
    Live and let dress.

I think you're not doing apples-to-apples here. American CDs don't generally go to therapists either. Both American and British folks who need to go through transition generally do. You guys do it because, as I understand it, NHS requires it for you to get treatment. In the US it's *mostly* required by physicians who provide transition services (though there are some places you can get HRT without a therapist's letter.) So, as usual, we are more alike than different.

(Really? We don't have a Union Jack emoji? )
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

So how far can a "Shit-Car-Go"?

As far as some dumb American will push it!

Stacy!

Should I put kisses after that? xxx
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

"Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Well, I went to a therapist because I'm a delicate flower that was in jeopardy of wilting if I didn't get personal validation.

Actually I went to a therapist because of the strange political world we've been tossed into. I wanted to be sure I could get a letter to carry around indicating I'd seen a mental health professional who determined I am transgender and not a threat to society. That record of counseling may also be helpful when I go to court to get a name change.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I went to a therapist to deal with my wife's response to my dressing and the marital problems thus engendered. I came to my own acceptance and self-awareness. Now if I could only not care what other people think, I could be free.
    Hugs, Ellen

I never went to a therapist. I toughed it out and had to accept myself and work thru all that mental issues myself. It took me years to find out my gender fluid condition and that it was alright. I am happy with myself and mostly non-binary now as I look pretty girly even in male clothes.
    Part Time Girl

Hey Suzy, I got the reference. But there are a lot of tough ladies in the US too. I came to a conclusion a few years back that I was not a CD, but actually Trangender. For me to safely "carry on" I had to have a therapist certify that I actually was a transgender. Her OK has allowed me to progress.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Must be difficult to put on lipstick with that stiff lip...lol.

Who needs a therapist ?? As I tell people ... I used to be Schizophrenic, but WE'RE ok now !
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !