Thread: Changing teams for better acceptance!

Changing teams for better acceptance!

On Tuesday of this week I signed up to bowl with a very small local club! I tore up all of my club memberships about 20yrs back as of my sexuality and beliefs, too many tough men for this prissy to put up with, and I don't tolerate intolerance!

Anyhow, a volunteer at my local Salvo's / thrift store told me that his team needed some new members, he is quite aware of my style so that made it easier for me to see if I needed to tone myself down, and I had the chance to laughingly throw in the " So how about Skirts" comment. No Skirts!

So on Tuesday I went to the club, met the Bowls co-ordinator and signed up. Being always seen in the area to be a bit of a colourful character has seemed for once to an advantage, he was not phased by my lippy or eye shadow what so ever!

I rolled-up today looking not mistakenly very feminine and also in colourful drab, with my ladies bowls and bag carted in with my nice trolley, and played 11 ends.

20170908_192232 (2).jpg

It was such a nice experience today when I didn't have to keep my guard up and listen to snickering little ( tough guys ) in the back ground commenting on how pretty I am ( Jealousy, It's a curse )

So I'll be Bowling for a small local club with at least some tolerance for pretty men from today on, and in the weeks to come I shall bowl against clubs which have a name not dissimilar to mine on the wall!

Just so happy to be a girl which bends so nicely at the knees and can be a fem male in a male dom game!

My Girly Bowls, Love Em!

I guess that I can't keep changing teams or losing family and friends because of who I am!

LET I DO IT ANYHOW!
    STACY!
    Last edited by Stacy Darling; 09-08-2017 at 08:16 AM.
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

I've come to expect stories of people losing their friends, family or job over their need to be who they are, but bowling team? That was unexpected. However, your old team's loss is your new team's gain and hopefully it will all play out like a movie and you'll get to defeat them in the Big Championship Game (then the music swells and the credits roll...) I'm glad you found an accepting team and didn't give up the game.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

"Who do you think you are? I am."
    - Pete Weber

Good luck in your current bowling season. Get lots of strikes!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Nice balls Stacy erm umm and case

Sorry about the clarification Tracy,
    Here in Australia we actually bowl on the lawn and only have 1 target and not ten!
    Makes it more challenging when it's windy ,raining or the sun in your eyes!
    I hate getting wet whilst bowling!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

"Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Banned Read only
    Stacy,
    Great to read this story thanks for passing it on. Never thought about bowling ut the usual outfit for outdoor bowls in the UK is a white skirt and and blouse, usually on or below the knees , looks like that's me borderline none of my skirts are below the knee.

I hope you enjoy your bowling keep us updated .

Good on yer Stacey
    Enjoy the roll today, will you be playing pennants?
    I hope the green not to fast