Thread: RV Camping

RV Camping

I was just wondering how my are campers.And do you dress while camping. I am out to my wife,and she is somewhat ok with it.I do not venture out infem,and really have no desire to yet.In the morning I usually stay in my nitie,put on my wig and some makeup,and enjoy the morning coffee,while gazing out the window,or put on a swimsuit and just lounge around.I must say my wife is a late sleeper.So when she gets up I usually go back to drab,out of respect for her,even though she is ok with it,Sometimes she is cool,and other times she will just go back into the bedroom.That is about it for me for dressing while camping,how about you.

I love to camp, but most of the time I am with friends or my son and they do not know. This summer I was able to take a trip by myself, spent most of the time in Arizona. I was doing remote dry camping and spent most of my time in Fem. No makeup but everything else. I did find that high heels do not work good when camping. I had a pair of flats that I changed into and had a wonderful time making dinner and sitting around the campfire and a glass of wine.

Banned Read only
    We have an old Alpine Lite Chalet, my little Ford Ranger pulls it like a dream. Went down to Oregon for the eclipse last month and camped for five days and I spent the entire time dressed in 100% woman's clothes, but nothing frilly basic stuff, shirts, jeans, t-shirts, tank tops, and a flannel shirt. Stuff a woman would actually wear camping.

Funny story (well it is now) we met a couple I used to work with at the campground. We did not know where they were camping but first ran into them at the office/lodge/internet area. We were sitting and talking for a while when I realized you could totally see the top of my bra. I readjusted when nobody was looking. I am out to the lady that I used to work with, so I suppose she has told her SO, as nothing was said about it, not even by my wife. But that is when I decided I had nothing to worry about and went for it all weekend.

Here's a thread I started about it with a picture of what I wore on the way home it's a pretty good example of how I dressed the entire trip.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 09-07-2017 at 05:11 PM.

Aspiring Member
    Hmm,

Well for years I used to wear pantyhose while camping in cold WY and AK. These days at our cabin in SW CO I often dress up.
    Will be there next week. So, yes, why not? Grin.

I could see spending some retirement time driving the county and seeing the sights in an RV (tiny house). Crossdressing would not be a problem because I would constantly be on the move. Just one problem, my wife prefers stationary hotels.

My spouse and I live in a motorhome full-time and I am full-time fem. We typically hang out in small town America. We love to meet people and hear their stories.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I LOVE camping...especially this time of year as it gets cooler, there are fewer people out and it's much easier to find a site where there might not be anyone around. I always camp lakeside near the water and have a nice fire going. I usually change from Guy mode into outdoor fem mode..no skirts or high heels, but certainly woman's wear. I have a wig that is just for the campout, a tiny make up kit and a certain set of fem clothing that I have just for camping. A whole bunch of swimdresses to choose from for the sunning time too. I like to hit the lakeside beach/ swim area if it's not too crowded...I have no problem with a few people around, just don't like crowds! A happy camper here!
    Krissy

Settled down for a few years in the Texas Hill Country
    We live full-time. My wife doesn't know. We are together 24/7. Don't have time to dress. Had to get rid of what few clothes I had when we downsized.

Aspiring Member
    Full time RVer as well. I'm not out to anyone. Indoors usually en femme but without make-up or wig. In the evening, when at a somewhat secluded site, I'll enjoy sitting outside in skirt and top, with a glass of wine.

Ineke

So nice to hear from other campers,Once we were camped on the beach,my wife went to bed early,so I put on my swimdress and wig,checked to see if anyone was on the beach,after dark,and walked in the water up to my waist,it was so exciting,my heart was beating fast,stayed there for awhile.came back to camper and put my swimsuit on the line outside.I was still beaming the next morning

We are retired and when wife retired last year we spent 31 days up north at Cody and Yellow Stone. I just under dressed some while there to cool my desires some. We do the fifth wheel thing tried the motor home and even a cab over but didn't like pulling a boat behind the motor home, and won't behind the fifth wheel so we bought kayaks that go over the cab of truck . Bicycles on the back of camper. My wife and I have tried tent, backpacking, and even hiking into the Tetons. We now like the enjoyment of a more relaxed time. Thus the fifth wheel stands ready any time we get the urge. No CDing for me camping except maybe a few panties. If a bear eats me while hiking I hope he eats the panties too as I don't want mu grandkids seeing their grandpa in them. Lol

Aspiring Member
    In your case wear candy pants. You'll have bears all over licking their chops. And you.

Ineke

My wife & i often go away in our small motorhome, particularly in the colder months when there are less people about.
    I do not go out dressed, but now that i am out to her, it will be nice to underdress with tights/leggings and camivest.
    A few months ago she bought me some lovely fur-lined leggings specifically intended for wearing on winter nights in the autosleeper.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

One of my most memorable camping trips was this year in AZ. I went up north camping a day earlier than the rest of my family. Enjoyed getting dressed enfemme and staying that way all day. Stayed up late by the campfire in my skirt, forms, and camisole. While the entire camping trip was nice, that day was a great day I will never forget. Wife hasd offered for her and I to take the trailer back up in a few weeks with just her and I (No kids).

I have a small RV which I use as my daily driver, it's great as it doubles as a dressing room, I can change whenever and wherever I am, we also have a caravan and I do bring some fem clothes with me when we go off in it, my wife is ok with my dressing.

I've done tent camping in the mountains couple times, dressed fem most of the time, absolutely loved it. Used a sun shower to keep legs shaved and stuff, wonderful feeling, kinda exhilarating. It was late in the season both times so no big crowds around, but I did interact with a woman who was searching for her lost dog and a guy who was vacating a nearby camp site brought me some fire wood and visited for awhile. I was fully dressed in denim mini etc both times, I think the woman was a little taken back but the guy didn't bat an eye. If the campgrounds had been crowded I probably wouldn't have had the nerve, especially when staying in a tent. Sometimes beer, good old boys and CDers might not mix too well. :-P

Reality Check
    While I have not gone RV -ing, I would think this would be ideal for a crossdresser. You always have a place to change (even in a Walmart parking lot) and you always have a restroom available.

You can travel to where people don't know you and if you are uncomfortable somewhere, unplug and move on.

Platinum Member
    I live full time in my RV (a modest 27 trailer) in a very nice quality RV park. As my attitudes about myself have cycled up and down, I've gone from dressing quite openly, to full closet mode, and now I'm gradually reemerging. Casual, but feminine. A few of my neighbors have seen and talked with me since my recent reemergence. All have been curious and polite.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Rving en femme. Sounds like a good plan. Just recently I have found a place that might have women's jeans to fit me, shirts/blouses will always be male.
    I do under dress all the time.

My wife and I have spent four or five months since 2014 travelling in our Airstream. We've been west and as far east as the Blue Ridge Parkway, as far south as Alabama. We tried to winter in Texas last year but it was too cold. We were around Corpus Christi. We decided that if we were going to be cold, we might as well be cold at home where we had more room.

The first year (2014) I packed a few pairs of women's Columbia shorts all my levis 555 guy fits and about a 50/50 mix of Stafford and Vanity Fair. Most of the camp shirts I wore were men's. It was a nice trip and my wife and I enjoyed each other's company.

Then, in February 2015, I fell on black ice and shattered my left wrist, really back. I couldn't button up levi's or button shirts, going to the bathroom and bathing was not any fun at all. My wife got me Chic elastic waist pull on jeans on teh clearance rack and I was hooked.

In 2015, my wife said I could wear whatever I wanted just don't embarrass her. I appreciated that and, since I am not a 'femme' type dresser (more of a jeans and boots type) I was off to the races. She decided that for every three articles of clothing I had on, at least one item had to be men's. Since women's shirts don't fit me well (unless they are 3x and 4x) because I have a very long torso. So I usually wear men's advertising tee shirts or fishing shirts. Elastic waist jeans and panties.

In 2016, I was dressed all the time in my Iowa farm wife look. I brought a 'track suit' that male but that was for wearing on cold morning taking the dog for his morning walk. We camped in the NPS campgrounds along the Blue Ridge Parkway.

This year, 2017, we've been in Colorado and Southern Utah. I expanded my wardrobe to include women's Carhartt jeans, eddie bauer jeans, and my elastic waist Chic jeans. I really like the elastic waist shorts Kmart used to sell. They have wide legs and the inseam fits me well. Most shorts hit me behind the knees which drives me crazy. I brought along Vanity Fair pajamas.

We camped a lot in NFS campgrounds. Other than Labor Day and Eclipse chasers, we were able to get private camp sites, usually on the outside loop away from traffic or high back in spots.

We went to Lee's Ferry and had a wonderful, private spot for sunshowering and sitting outside but the temps rose to 103 plus so we left. Red Canyon was best. We sat outside everynight and watched the stars and the new moon. I also, in the course of this year's adventure, picked some Women's capri pants. Two pairs of elastic waist jean capris and two pairs of dark khaki camp capris, with pockets and strings. One pair is St. John's Bay which I think is penny's and the other pair is Eddie Bauer.

Also this trip I brought only new panties. I told my wife that after each shower I took in the Airstream, I would dry off and put on a new pair of panties. That was sort of fun. Laughing about styles and what colors adn that biggie....lace or not. You can probably tell we were in Colorado. My wife insisted that splashing water on my face and chest was NOT a shower! We were dry camping and watching our water usage...not so much fear of running out of water, but fear of filling up the gray water tank. Campers will know what I am talking about.

This year was several firsts.... two hail storms in three days. One in Eastern Colorado and the second one just north of Rocky Mountain National Park. The trailer got pockmarked pretty bad. The side of the trailer the first storm missed (it hit the front, rear and curb side pretty bad), the second one got. Then, going into Meeker CO, the right front brake caliper locked up and had to get that fixed, then the blinker switch went out, then the rear brake drums got hot and warped. Which was caused because the trailer brake controller shorted out when the blinker switch was replaced. It was a fun ride from Silverton to Durango with no trailer brakes you betcha! LOL It's funny now. We 'pulled out' a lot on that trip.... lol

My wife has commented to me how much more relaxed I am when we are camping in the trailer. I tell her I like wearing women's clothes, I know that I could never pass as a woman nor do I want to. I just like wearing comfortable clothes and the clothes I feel are comfortable are women's clothes.

She tells me to quit labeling myself.

So, if you would see me out walking around the campground, carrying a little blue plastic sack with a little schnauzer on the lease, give me a wave. I'm the 68 year old guy with long gray hair and a beard. Is that man wearing women's clothes? Oh what difference does it make? He looks comfortable. LOL
    Last edited by Ozark; 09-08-2017 at 05:22 PM. Reason: grammar

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I'm writing this sitting in my cabin at a permanent campsite in the mountains near my home (just over an hour drive). I spend most weekends here. We have a camper and a small cabin on our large site. While I do have to be careful, I have a bit more freedom to dress here than I do at home. I'm thinking this afternoon I'll be in the hammock wearing capris and an open shoulder top. My only fear is that I'll be awoken by a bear licking my purple toes. Lol
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!