Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Rule Book

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar

The Rule Book

I was wondering, where can I get my own copy of the crossdressing rule book? It seems that so many here know the rules and I wouldn't want to make a fashion faux pas. Thanks for any assistance.

There is only one rule: "There are no rules" Seriously, we are all out there, dressed as females although male. We have broken all the rules!
    Love, Sabrina

Platinum Member
    One person's fashion faux pas is the height of fashion for another. Of course, we each have to decide for ourselves. I am trying to avoid expressing opinions on style. I have my own...but keep them to myself to the greatest possible extent.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I get bashed for not wearing dresses and skirts often enough so welcome to the club.
    I've been told "real" MtF CDers only wear dresses.

Platinum Member
    I think you're more than real enough Tracii. And for the real world, dresses are seldom seen in less than formal occasions...that applies to GGs and MtF's, I should think.

When one crosses over into a private, other than real world situation, I'd think pretty much anything goes.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I feel every bit as Fem in jeans and a fem top as in a dress or skirt. Why not? I was at an event earlier today with prob 15-20 people, evenly divided M an F. Only one GG there was wearing a top and skirt. I happen to know that she attends church every Sunday and her outfit was prob what she wore this morning. There are no rules, it's whatever flips your skirt or, if you prefer, your jeans.

Majella, the rules are: Rule #1 There are no rules! Rule #2 See rule #1! Out in public maybe not so risque but really anything goes! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

i did a google search .....this stood out ....no rule books came up

https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...dressing/page2
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    For me I just watch the styles of other GGs and if I like it I wear it, if not I don't.
    I'm pretty basic and the only dresses I wear are sun dresses other then that shorts mostly in summer and leggings and jeans in fall and winter

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Thanks for the sincere replies but I was being sarcastic.

Peace and Love
    Gerri

Majella, the support group that I'm part of likes to go out in groups and there are guidelines for what not to wear and suggestions of what to wear. It's better if everyone in the group blends in with GGs. If one person gets any kind of harassment it can spoil it for the whole group. Of course it's not a CD rule book, but our group has rules. Why?

Some establishments might bar the group if there is any kind of trouble related to provocative outfits. Nearly anything goes in gay bars but.. For safety reasons we need the whole group to blend in when going on outings in the vanilla world. Let me know if you'd like me to PM you the guidelines we go by. It doesn't have much to do with fashion, just common sense.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Ressie View Post
    Majella, the support group that I'm part of likes to go out in groups and there are guidelines for what not to wear and suggestions of what to wear. It's better if everyone in the group blends in with GGs. If one person gets any kind of harassment it can spoil it for the whole group. It doesn't have much to do with fashion, just common sense.
    Sort of like wearing "fetish wear" to a fetish party,but having to make a pit stop at the drugstore on the way there...You tend to get "extra attention" and some comes from people that instantly "fetishise" your clothing ! And follow you outside with their tongues out..lol

They send you one when they take your man card or there's an APP for that.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogina B View Post
    Sort of like wearing "fetish wear" to a fetish party,but having to make a pit stop at the drugstore on the way there
    The bright lights in the store would be enough to scare me! Hope you're doing OK with the intense weather down there Rogina.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    I would love to throw the rule book in the fire pit, however don't want any of the "preachers" getting hurt as they jump in to save it

We are now in good shape here in Lauderdale as the wind is now from the SW. I fear for Tampa Bay area...

Majella. I got it. It's the difference between being a fetish dresser and living life as a transgender person.

Banned Read only
    Majella,
    I realised you were being sarcastic , and I know who the comment was aimed at.

Going back to your other thread we would hated reading you ended up in A&E with severe injuries if that incident had gone badly wrong. Sometimes we do care and seeing another in trouble can only reflect on the rest of us and give us food for thought of what could happen in the wrong place at the wrong time .

You know the rules , stay safe, don't make stupid mistakes, we all care , please understand that .
    Last edited by Teresa; 09-11-2017 at 12:23 PM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I agree Teresa.
    Others comments are not meant with malice but actually quite the opposite.

Since my copy of the book is currently a work in progress within my own mind! and this rule book shall not even apply to myself! I cannot be of any assistance!
    Oh! and a Fashion Faux pas! I wouldn't get out of bed if I couldn't intentionally make one!
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Hell-o MSG,

Haven't you ever heard,
    "Rules are made to be broken" ?
    The only problem with that is, once the
    fun of being soooo mischievous wears off,
    theres usually a price too pay!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Majella,

I had a copy of that rule book and placed it on the shelf next to the one with all the details of the LGBTQ+ agenda. Now I can't find either one. It's a shame too, because both of them had lots of specifics with great illustrations and wonderful photography. Maybe they were recalled for updates since everything seems to change on a person by person, hour by hour, relationship by relationship basis.

I'll keep looking and if I find them I'll let everyone know. Until then I guess we are still on our own.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

My wife has always described me as a Rule Breaker. [She, however, is a rule maker and follower.]
    A bad habit I've always had, even in the confines of military discipline in the Navy. I wonder how I survived without courts martial.

Of course ... break the rules. I'd say that wearing a dress as a man breaks some kind of rule.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

New, 'member?
    There are rules and there are principles.

Rule: come home before 10.
    Principle: Nothing good happens after midnight.

See, the rule is a boundary (arbitrary as it may seem) that you, or someone who loves you, sets and it is designed with the intent to avoid the negative consequences of a given principle that is in play.

Does dressing that way increase the chances that you'll get hit on? Does bro-tus doing a bunch of blow increase the chances that he will think its OK to follow ladies into the restroom? Your sisters have your back and those that you're calling out are correct. Does it suck for everybody LGBTQ, CD, GG, whoever, that they are right? yes. yes it does. There is an acknowledgement of that. It doesn't mean that they support it, that kinda s**T take a long time to change.

Be yourself, be authentic. For some this means dressing in public, for others it may mean discreet underdressing. The is no one right way to be a crossdresser or TG.