Over the past two weeks I have come to and announced a major decision in my life to my Family.

For personal and Transition reasons, I will be moving to New York by the end of next March or beginning of April.

Now, it's been a little rough already with my Family.

First, my Mother got drunk and said a few things out of line to me that I had to step away from things for a bit so they wouldn't escalate.

Then my Nephew said something to me at work that was dehumanizing and it really hurt. He didn't realize it at all.

I have been really communicating to them about what all this means. But I don't think they will ever understand the difference between Acceptance and Support really means as a Family member. No matter how much I explain it to them.

It's obvious to me why they won't understand this. They're not living through this at all. I think it's a lot like a soldier suffering from PTSD. It's a kind of wound that can't be openly seen.

It's obvious that Acceptance is just that. You're ok with it. You can make the changes and get used to the less intrusive changes like the pronouns and name changes. Personally I think these are the easier=st to get used to.

But I have found that I get more and more irritated when people say they support what I'm doing, when they really mean that they accept me for who I am.

Support is something different all together. It's many different things to different people. But it's the same thing at the same time. I don't think people realize that Financial support is not just helping others to save up and or pay for what they need medically. It's doing your part to make sure they can save money to take care of themselves.

Being someone to lean on during hard times. Being a hand to hold when it's needed. I could go on and on and on with this list.