Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just deep sharing about disasters, my dear cat dying, not feeling like dressup

Just deep sharing about disasters, my dear cat dying, not feeling like dressup

If all the bad news about 2 major hurricanes causing horrendous suffering and damage to millions, and death to animals and people, and people losing everything was not enough to sober me, and make me sad, this past five days, one of my dear cats of nine years, got very ill for the fourth time since i adapted her in 2008. I am tapped out money wise, form big dental work, and vehicle repairs, and debated whether i could afford another big vet bill. My regular veterinarian retired last month, at 93 yrs old! A WW2 vet, also, he refused to charge people much money at all!! A great man! He is dying now, sadly. Regular vet clinics do a great job, but i was low on savings. So, i tried to nurse Minnie back to health or until i had the funds for a vet clinic visit. I have had very little desire to dress up, and indulge myself, as Alice since the Hurricane Harvey hit, and i don't mean Paul Harvey, rest his soul! The suffering of millions of folks including some of you, really got to me, and also the suffering of animals there, and also the wild fires out west!! Then my beautiful little Minniecat going down ill for the fourth time! I just felt guilty if i indulged myself im dolled up, sensual Alice time, when so much suffering, including my precious cat Minnie was happening. I finally got a vet clinic appt for ten o clock this morning, but Minnie got much worse last night, though i tried to comfort her, and she purred to me helping her. But this morning, after I put Minnie into my car, she died several minutes later, and i pulled over and balled! I then drove her to my late father's place, and dug a hole and buried her in a nice towel i had in my car, Crying the whole time, and praying that animals can be resurrected in the world beyond this one. I then went to the humane society, and looked a other cats. I may adapt one more.hoping my big gray jealous cat will tolerate another rival!! All the destruction form disasters has me thinking very soberly about life and how temporary and quickly it can be gone. My cat was doing fine a week ago eating plenty, active. Now she is in the ground wrapped in a nice towel. My tears have flowed. Not really feeling any desire to indulge Alice at all for a few weeks due to the disasters, and now my big loss of my dear friend. Pleasure in dressing is real for me, but also a distraction and escape. I feel i should have gotten Minnie to a vet sooner now, in spite of the costs. I did give her over nine year of a great life, and used vets to save her three times. The fourth time was too much for her. Maybe at a much later time, i may dress again. I have worn panties some in he last few weeks to bed but that is all. I think about how temporary pleasure and life is, and vain it can be. All glory is fleeting. Thanks for reading.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 09-17-2017 at 02:43 PM.

Platinum Member
    Its hard to lose a companion, feline, canine or otherwise, after spending years together. I'm very sorry, Alice.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

-very quietly takes her into my arms and simply holds her without a word, knowing that sometimes, no words are needed-

I'm sorry I couldn't make it to the end of your post. It brought back too many memories of my departed kitty. I am truly sorry for your loss, I hope that as soon as possible you will be able to look back and remember the good times you shared with Minnie. RIP Minnie.

Very sorry about your beautiful cat. Thank you for sharing her picture. Animals can be such a blessing and great companions. It is so sad when they pass on.

You sound like a very compassionate person. When disasters happen in the world, life gains a whole different perspective.

Take care.

Thanks to all of you who replied. Very kind of you all. I keep getting cats, even though i know someday will have to grieve again, and again. Sorry for your loos of yours, too Andrea. It is so hard You feel so helpless to help them when they are dying. I had a girlfriend who killed herself in 1982, and that almost killed me. We never had sex, just beginning a friendship. Loos of long time pet is about the same for me. I had two dear cats for 13 1/2 years. They died within 13 weeks of each other. Tremendously hard tome for me, as we went through many moves, and many hardships together. It takes time for sure to get back to any sense of no
    rmal again.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Aw. I do feel so very sorry for you Alice. I lost my beloved cat of 12 years about three years ago. The vet said the kindest thing would be to put him to sleep (he had a tumour in his mouth) and I'm not ashamed to admit I blubbed like a baby. I have three cats now, but still miss him terribly.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Aspiring Member
    A starving one year old dog showed up at my door one day, and after I fed her she decided to stick around. No fence, she knew this was her home. She was with me for twelve years and my heart was broken when I had to put her down. I didn't want another dog after her, but a year later I got another one. This one will be my last. (I think)

Hi Alice, I am so sorry to hear about the story of your cat. We human are so powerless facing life and death. Everything when I think about that, it makes the small issues of dressing so insignificant and pointless. But on the other hand, just because life is so limited, we need to make every minute count and live it to the fullest.

I am sure that your cat would be happy up there when she sees that you are happy. Live and do everything to be happy. Dress.
    Leslie's Advanture into the Unknown - http://lesliesd.weebly.com/

Rest in Peace Minnie!! I am a genuine believer on when its your time, it is your time, whether you made it to the vet or not. Time will heal

Aspiring Member
    Alice,

Dear one...it is ok to cry. Cats are family, as are dogs. I know your feelings. Feel deep, mourn, take your time...then move on and when you feel it is the right time --another kitty.

alice bless you and minnie, be your true self it is not in vain, may you be rejoined with those you cherish later in life, remember the special times with minnie.....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

I don't have the words, Alice. Losing a beloved pet is just wrenching. So sorry for your loss.

Hugs,

Kelly

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    So sorry Alice losing a pet is always very hard.
    Its been a few years but I had to put down my 21 year old black cat myself.I still miss her deeply we were best friends for so long.
    Just remember all the good times with her.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I am sorry, Alice. We lost our cat of 14 years last year. My dog is getting near the end, also, and losing her will be will be losing a kid, for me. I will tell you, if our pets are not in Heaven, I don't want to go there!
    Life is too short to be boring.

Alice,

My heart goes out to you, dear. Personal loss is never easy. No one understands grief until they experience it.
    Hugs and prayers.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Very sorry to hear that, Alice.

I know how much a pet becomes part of the family. I have an elder dog that I took on about a year and a half ago, and she's my best pal, can't bear to think about the fact that she's an older dog and probably doesn't have all that many years left. She's here now, so I'll be happy with her in the present.
    My name is Carol.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Animals provide needed companionship for many people. While they do require care, they often give back so much more to people that need and love them!

Losing a dear pet is like losing a close friend. Always heartbreaking!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hi, Alice.
    I like cats, and I'm so sorry about your loss.
    Stay inspired
    Amy

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Hi Alice, very sorry to hear about Minnie.

Are you certain that you want the pic of you in drab out there in internet land? Perhaps your present mood is making you a little reckless?

I hope you won't be offended- I only mean it in a constructive way.

Very best wishes, Nikki
    I used to have a short attention spa

Sorry for the loss of Minnie! Sending comfort and prayers! I have had 6 dogs who have passed on and it is like losing a family member! Like Kay said! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I am sorry for your loss. These little guys wiggle there way into our hearts, give us love and companionship. I was happy to hear that you had a little purr, it is their gift to you, it means the trust and love you. Brenda

Moderators,Can you delete my guy photo off of this thread ?

Alice I am so sorry for your loss, cats are very special friends and all they ask is our love. Sadly having to loose them is the price we pay for that very special friendship.
    I know your cats have helped you through some rough times in the past, as they always do, and I feel your grief come through in your post. You did all you could for Minnie and she loved you for that. I hope the pain soon goes , try and remember the many times she cheered you up and made you smile . Hope you feel better soon . Heather

Sorry to hear about Minnine. As you can see in my recent posts, my cat of 11 years is fully accepting of love from me in any clothing. We did lose another cat after 17 years, but that is about 6 yrs ago. We have a golden retriever of almost 14 (life expectancy of 10-12).
    Pets fully accept us for who we are as people and not based on clothing choices, so they are a better society than human society.
    Hugs, Ellen