Thread: This may be a dumb blonde question

This may be a dumb blonde question

What does "Pink Fog" mean anyway? MIAD? I figured out DADT that was used a lot in the military.
    Thanks for the helping me with the acronyms!

Hi Venessa,

I'll let some of the other "girls" define Pink Fog for you.

MIAD stands for "Man in a Dress". Somebody wearing a dress or feminine fashions but in no way is trying to pass as female.

Thank you for sharing your back story.

Reality Check
    "Pink fog" means thinking so much about crossdressing that you do stupid things like leaving you bra out for people to find, accidentally sending photos of yourself dressed as a woman to other people, forgetting to remove your makeup or nail polish before going out in public, etc.

It's something that we should be able to avoid if we keep our wits about us.

Pink fog never caused me to let my guard down, but for me when I'm in the fog I am distracted - thinking about crossdressing, online browsing, etc. when I should be thinking about eir doing other things.
    It happens, but it never gets too much out of control.

My take on pink fog is that you get caught up in the moment and perhaps do things you wouldn't otherwise do, a boost in confidence where you think you're invincible, perhaps others have an other opinion.

Thank you ladies for clearing that one up.

Banned Read only
    It starts when a driving compulsion enters your mind and it's the immediate need to crossdress and feel like a woman and dress and wear women's clothes. The feeling is so strong at times you want or have to take it further by doing things such as going out in public to further satisfy that need. You also might be compelled to take risks such as going places dressed where you could be outed/recognized. Crossdressers are born with this, only crossdressers understand this. Once you've taken care of this need it starts to subside but crossdressing never goes away. Crossdressers would have a much happier life if it was accepted like other behaviors have been accepted such as gay, lesbian, asexual, etc.

When your mind focuses on one thing and blocks out other issues that actually deserve attention, you are in a 'fog'. When the focus is women's clothing/femininity/crossdressing, then it is 'pink fog'. To me it does not mean you do stupid things (but may as you care less about the consequences) but just being absorbed into it. Buying things, looking online or in stores without worry about price, needing to try things on despite riskier situation. When your life situation suddenly changes and gives you more freedom to dress, many have an explosion of activity and are deep in the pink fog and then taper off to a steady state.
    I think one of the moderators has a signature that has a link to abbreviations on the site. Welcome to the Forum Venessa!
    Hugs, Ellen

My pink fog syndrome has me glueing my breasts on (vs just in a bra) and painting my toenails within 1 hour of my wife leaving town for more than 2 days.

I can be completely blah but when screaming opportunity happens, I'm dressing up. That's pink flu to me.

Very familiar with 'pink fog'....but I didn't know it had a name and thought it was just me !!!

Pink Fog is when your mentally consumed with everything girly. You can't get enough. At least that's what it always meant to me. MIAD is a CD who doesn't go all the way to look female and DADT is don't ask don't tell which is what a lot of girls here live with.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Wow! I didn't realize that there has been many times I've been in this pink fog and I never knew it had a name. Because as so as I leave home to go to another job I can't wait to get to hotel and put on something sexy and feel like a normal person, and shopping forget it, I love to shop and try on things it's never really bothered me to go into Macy's or anyplace and try on clothes. I tend to lean a bit to the naughty side. I like my clothing form fitting. I don't workout several hrs for nothing.

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    I never knew the term pink fog until I came here, but it makes perfect sense.

In my opinion, and I have no medical proof, there is a huge dump of DOPAMINE, or something in my brain when I get dressed up. It's not much different from taking a drug, except for legal and probably not as bad for you. Anway, while under the influence of this DOPAMINE or whatever I suddenly have a strong desire to do things I would never fathom otherwise. For instance, I went out and got the mail the other day while all dolled up. Incredibly stupid as I live on a busy street in a small town and lots of people know me, and they all voted for Trump.
    Last edited by sarah_hillcrest; 09-13-2017 at 03:52 PM.

The member Confucius is the expert, but I think it is endorphins rather than dopamine. Like the runner's high. But we are wired to get that blast from whatever we consider femininity - either hose and slips or fully made up or just panties.
    Why do some people like to run to the point of runner's high when so many are OK with a walk or jog?
    Why do we crossdress?
    I would guess there was the unusual initial spark / flood and we then reinforce it
    Hugs, Ellen

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    MIAD = Me I'm Always Divine
    Pink Fog = A cocktail made with Campari and nitrous oxide.

Hope that helps---
    I used to have a short attention spa

Quote Originally Posted by Venessa_48 View Post
    What does "Pink Fog" mean anyway? MIAD? I figured out DADT that was used a lot in the military.
    Thanks for the helping me with the acronyms!
    I have spent the last week or so just browsing the forum for these answers myself. I feel like I have a billion things I need to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkilovesdresses View Post
    MIAD = Me I'm Always Divine
    Pink Fog = A cocktail made with Campari and nitrous oxide.

Hope that helps---
    And the winner for Best Forum Post Of The Day ....
    Nikki !!!!!

Vanessa, Pink Fog can also be a case of major "Retail Therapy"! You must watch closely that you don't spend the money for the electric bill on that pretty dress that you just have to have! It can drain your funds very quickly! Be careful! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

YES! Way more than I ever knew!