Thread: 1st time meet up with another cd

Smile 1st time meet up with another cd

So I met up with another cd from here (both in drab) for lunch today. I will let her reveal herself if she chooses.
    Honestly, if she hadn't asked me, I probably wouldn't have, it's just not in my nature. She boosted my confidence and I hope I boosted hers by saying we never would have recognized each other going by pics from here. We talked work briefly, a little makeup, a little clothes and our own experiences as far as coming out to SOs (even though we've both posted those things here) . It was an invigorating and liberating experience and the hour went by too quick. It was good to talk with another about cding and I know many have gone out en femme, but this may be a good in between step. Keep watching here to see if she reveals herself and have fun.
    Last edited by JocelynJames; 09-13-2017 at 03:30 PM.
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Glad you enjoyed it and do it every chance you get.
    Every member I have met from here has been awesome.

ive met folks from the forum. i actually met a few twice at keystone, first in drab....then in femme and visa versa,....keystone was hard to get to really know people with so much going on but the local girls you can unwind with and hours can fly by.

hope i get a chance to actually meet you both some day, glad you took the gamble on blind faith....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

It was me that Joss met for lunch today and I hope that we get a chance to meet again. I agree that hour passed much too fast and there is so much that we didn't get to discuss.

It was really nice to be able to talk about things with someone who just gets it and knows exactly where you are coming from.

Joss is the third person from this forum that I have met and based on my experiences I would say that if anyone gets a chance to meet another forum girl go for it.

Elizabeth

Banned Read only
    Joss,
    I met Carole in the same way through the forum , first time was in drab we met in my town and I gave her a tour and then went for coffee. I finally found the courage to meet up with her social group and never looked back.

I'm glad it went well for you and Elizabeth so obviously it will happen again so bets of luck maybe a social group could be the next step , it's great to meet up with a group and also meet their wives/partners.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Jose, I'm guessing u mean the girl u met is a member of cd.com? And, u don't want to name her without her permission?

Did u ask her if u could name her? Because of the 100+/- cd.comers I've met, I can't recall even one that minded being named on this site.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I'm happy to hear you got that first meeting done. It really does help make real the existence of a "community" who share our interests and concerns. The first time I met another CD face to face was well before I discovered this forum, but it was through the internet (blessed internet). I felt so vulnerable going in and so elated when it was over that it's difficult to describe my feelings, but when it was all done and I was on my way home I cried in relief. When I started meeting members of this forum, and there are plenty including Sherry. Everyone of them has been as wonderful as I had hoped.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I've had telephone visits with a few from here and did the Internet thing with a CD from Scotland. They've all been very kind and we've visited about our normal lives and our not so normal lives. I learned we are just regular citizens as some are doing voluntary work in their respective towns and things that are not associated with the CDng thing. Usually the first conversation has been about everything but the CD thing. Since my wife would probably have a hissy fit if she knew I talk to others about my CDing those I visit with on the phone we usually leave a message on here before we call to see if it is safe to talk.
    I was invited to go to a nearby town also for the weekend with a couple from on here. I so wanted to go and take part in their activities of going out shopping and eating out but as per my promise to my wife I declined but it felt good just being invited.
    Jocelyn sounds like you had a very good experience and your right about the in between experience.

Silver Member
    While it is a personal choice to do so, a forum girl needs to indicate where she lives, even if just the state, if she hopes to actually meet and become friends with another forum sister(s). This needs to be done in her introductory bio (profile) for that info to be permanent and reflected in her posts. Simply mentioning location in a post or reply will NOT make it a matter of a sister's profile.

On my way to meet up with Juliana, both of us in drab. Third time for me, first time for her. She's kind of a wreck about it. Told her that if she gets nervous, I'll be right there to help her out 😜. We'll get back to you girls for the post analysis.
    Oh! You Pretty Things ... Come join us for:
    Paint the Town Chicago (Feb 23-26, 2023)
    More info here -> https://linktr.ee/PtT2023

Jenny- great idea- for those interested ( I will put it on my page also) I'm in Gardner , ma
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement and having done it I think it's a great idea as a stepping stone if you want to "get out there"
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    That's cool you two ladies met,wish I could meet a fellow cd from this wonderful forum,keeping my fingers crossed.

I like hearing stories about people from the form meeting up i've been trying to find someone close and local to me to have friends outside form that has similar issues i've seen some on here that are in my state but there about an hour to an hour and a half away as I live in South Jersey Gloucester County

Banned Read only
    Jenny,
    I agree about taking a chance on more details in the profile page . Obviously distances aren't so much of a problem in the UK, I was happy to drive thirty miles to the meeting venue .

So, I'll give the play by play and let Juliana give the color commentary since it was her first time.

We met for coffee and talked for about half an hour. On the walk to Macy's we discovered that we both have a dirtier secret than crossdressing. Yep, you guessed it - smoking. At Macy's I almost bought a $35 belt. She said you're crazy if you're going to buy a belt for $35, and dragged me over to Marshalls. She suggested a Madden Girl belt with more bling than I would have considered. Got that one and another for under 20 bucks. After that we both had to get back to work, so we said our goodbyes and promised to do it again. It my opinion, a very successful meeting.
    Oh! You Pretty Things ... Come join us for:
    Paint the Town Chicago (Feb 23-26, 2023)
    More info here -> https://linktr.ee/PtT2023

Julie you're such a doll to let me do the color commentary.
    As Julie said it was my first time meeting another Crossdresser in person. I was nervous and she completely put me at ease and even bought my coffee, Thanks Agin!
    She was super understanding and supportive towards my anxiety.
    We chatted and then went shopping, I'm impressed at how comfortable she is out and about in boy mode in the woman's accessories section in Macy's and by the time we made it to Marshal's I was totally at ease too. I showed her the belt I liked and browsed the jackets as she made her decision.
    I'm hopeful I can find the courage to meet up with her next week dressed at at local meetup and she assured me not to stress too much and do it when I am comfortable.
    Hopefully we can shop again soon!

I've met about 20 of my friends FtF. Some I met here first, some I met FtF first.

The first CD I ever met FtF was from here. We met in girl mode and had a great talk. I've also met some girls from here in boy mode. I've met many at my local Washington DC CD group and met many more at the Keystone Conference.

I've invited about half a dozen girl to meet me/us at the local CD group. It's my way of paying it forward.

In fact, I met another member from here FtF this weekend. We met for coffee and then we had lunch. Then I went to my local CD meetup. I'm not sure if she wants to be public yet, so I'll let her decide if she wants to join in this thread.

I noticed some girls from south Jersey. DC is not too far to come to meet 50 girls. We had over 50 girls last Saturday, and 2 were out with us for the first time. The next meetup is our Halloween meetup. Costumes are optional, but I'm working on mine now. After that it's the Christmas meetup. Last year, ball gowns were encouraged.

PM me if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 09-15-2017 at 09:10 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Hi, I did a similar meeting with another person from here. Like you, I thought it went well and I felt more normal afterwards. Since then I've been going to a few different support groups and that's usually a positive experience.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Aspiring Member
    Well thanks Tracii... I say the same thing!

Steffi mentioned meeting someone for coffee last week. It was me! It was my first time meeting another CD! Steffi was so nice, we had such a nice time talking about a variety of girl stuff. She was so wonderful and made me feel so at ease. I was nervous at first (for about a minute) but Steffi and I quickly connected and I feel so at ease with her! I'm so glad I made this big step for me. I feel so wonderful and like I'm in a different plane now that I've met another CD (and a super nice one at that!). Steffi's philosophy is spot on - paying it forward. I plan to do the same. Thanks Steffi! You're the best!

I never told Linda Anne how nervous I was for our meeting. It's not my first time meeting, and I was really surprised that I had the jitters. I did all of my usual safety stuff, meeting in a public place, making sure we both had the same intentions (friendship not play time) and I was still nervous. But once we met, all the jitters went away. I've been out and about and at various meetup groups, but there are still some thing Linda Anne has done that I'm afraid to do. OK, I'll admit it; I've never been to VS. I've shopped many places. en femme and en homme, alone and with friends, but I can't cross the VS threshold without turning red. Maybe someday.

The great thing is that Linda Anne and I probably live in adjacent zip codes. At one time we both used PO boxes in the same Post Office branch office.

Just a funny story. After coffee we went to lunch. I'm sure the waiter just thought we were regular dudes. What he had no way of knowing is that we were both wearing panties!

I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 09-16-2017 at 05:24 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I too met up with a girl from the Forum along with her wife. We met at the end of August. Had lunch at The Mad Italian Restuarant near Atlanta. Spent time talking, getting to know each other. Great couple. Hope we can meet again for lunch somewhere around Atlanta. There are so many good places to eat without any problems.

It is good to hear your meet up went so well. I hope it keeps getting easier for you.