Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do F-to-M CDs NOT shave?

Gender Undecided Fainne the King's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas
    God, I think there must be a connection...
    There's gotta be. I'm the same way as the rest of you.
    I tried to be a boy
    tried to be a girl
    tried to be a mess
    tried to be the best
    I guess I did it wrong
    -Madonna

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex
    Beth,

No need to apologize. Your comments (and those of others) are welcome. When you say you wore "guys clothes", do you mean clothes made specifically for men and found in a men's store or do you mean clothes made for women, but styled similar to men's clothes? Just curious.
    Oops I never replied to this post. Yes it was actual guys clothes from the mens/boys sections. I think my family thought I was secretly a lesbian, cause there I was with leg hair, guys clothes, and at one point a shaved head as well. Yet now I'm mostly wearing women's clothes, only have one men's jacket left! Incase you're wondering though, I don't consider myself a CD or anything, since that's just what I felt like wearing at the time, and now I feel like wearing womens clothes (no "urges" or gender dysphoria).
    I'm tgirl74's girlfriend

Quote Originally Posted by BethGG
    Incase you're wondering though, I don't consider myself a CD or anything, since that's just what I felt like wearing at the time, and now I feel like wearing womens clothes (no "urges" or gender dysphoria).
    Cool, thanks for satisfying my curiosity. I think that's what it's all about for each of us - wearing what we like, regardless of whether we're CD or not.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Woman of the Revolution Bridget's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie York
    And hair is dead so it doesnt KNOW it has been shaved and doesn't get thicker. That's just a myth thing. If it was true women's legs would be like a porcupine by the age of 30..
    Even if it is a myth, maybe the placebo effect might work? Shrug.

I don't shave my legs. My hair is pretty light, but it's still quite noticable. I think its fairly essential to the man look.

My armpits, though. I can't use deoderant with really long hair. I've tried. It's such a hassle. My girlfriend said I smelt like a man, and we both realized it's because my deoderant was not reaching the skin, for the most part. So, I keep that trimmed.

I don't shave my face. I like a clean shaven look, anyhow, so what would really be the point for me. X_X

Have you ever played Dance Dance Revolution? I did once, while I was still not shaving under my arms, and understood why boys smell the way they do.

hehe. Epileptic brick. I can't dance either. You should have seen me trying to do it. I think I hit about two targets. The rest of the time I was just jumping in futility. I looked quite silly.

It's true, though. Smelling is really essential when trying to fit in with a group of guys.

OCD is different for everyone who has it. It's a hard disorder to deal with. It can be cleaning...handwashing or scrubbing the house...counting to a certain number...checking things over and over a certain amount of times to be sure they are turned off. Many many different things. The disorder works different for everyone who has it. And always if these rituals aren't carried out the exact way you feel you NEED them to be carried out in then you feel that something bad will happen. I speak from personal experience. I also have many friends who have it much worse than I do and e-mail back and forth with them trying to help as much as I can. I'm pretty much healed with certain medications I take but for others they can't even leave the house it is so bad.

Now back to the topic. I stopped shaving my legs and the weirdest thing is happening. I am growing hair black and thick on the tops and sides of my legs but on the backs they are as bare as a babies ass!!! Does that happen to anyone else? I have no idea why it is happening but I wish it would grow back there. It looks weird. lol I haven't shaved my pits in about a week. I've just decided to stop recently.

Taylor

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    Most guys I've seen have thinner hair on the backs of their legs. Not sure why, it just seems to be the norm, at least from what I've seen.

And, I almost wish I had the cleaning type of OCD. Maybe then I could navigate my room without a compass, map, and pokey stick to make sure I don't step on anything sharp... haha
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

I haven't shaved anything other than my face in about five years, which I do every other day. Makes going to the beach kind of a hassle as I don't pass with a wet shirt stuck to my chest, but I think my give a damn is busted anyhow.

Anyways, if you shave your face, it only seems like the hair comes in coarser and darker because hair is like that when it first comes out. If you let it grow, it wouldn't be any less fine and pale than usual.

The only things I know of that change hair's texture and color "natrually" are hormones, steroids and chemo.

Just a tip for you guys wanting to shave your face for whatever reason (really, peach fuzz is a dead giveaway) - use a really good exfoliating agent first. It helps prevent ingrown hairs, which we can still get even if our hair isn't coarse after the first few days of growing.
    Nobody calls me Lebowski. You got the wrong guy. I'm the Dude, man.

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas
    Most guys I've seen have thinner hair on the backs of their legs. Not sure why, it just seems to be the norm, at least from what I've seen.
    Could be because of the friction on the back the calves from pants. When I was a young guy and wore tight jeans, the friction would definitely thin out of the hair on my quads.

Quote Originally Posted by privateperks
    Just a tip for you guys wanting to shave your face for whatever reason (really, peach fuzz is a dead giveaway) - use a really good exfoliating agent first. It helps prevent ingrown hairs, which we can still get even if our hair isn't coarse after the first few days of growing.
    A BHA solution, which acts as an exfoliant, will also help a lot. (FYI, they also come in 2% concentrations). Do not use anti-bump or after-shave products that contain alcohol, because that's really hard on your skin.

Also be sure to use an after-shave balm. (Aveda makes a nice one, and lasts for months.) If you get razor irritation a skin relief treatment with aspirin will help.

And yes, peach fuzz ain't something that guys have.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

Right now I am wearing shorts but it may be that I still forget and cross my legs like a girl when I am sitting at the computer. Never when I am around other people though. Taylor

Platinum Member
    i dont shave my legs and havent for years, i only shave my underarms occasionally but it doesnt grow alot anyway!, ive recently started to shave my face!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena Dahlstrom
    A BHA solution, which acts as an exfoliant, will also help a lot. (FYI, they also come in 2% concentrations). Do not use anti-bump or after-shave products that contain alcohol, because that's really hard on your skin.

Also be sure to use an after-shave balm. (Aveda makes a nice one, and lasts for months.) If you get razor irritation a skin relief treatment with aspirin will help.
    Marlena,
    I love you! How did you know this is just what I needed (especially with my crazy oily skin)? Now that I'm shaving practically daily, my skin is starting to have that weathered look. That Aveda balm sounds perfect. Thanks!
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

~Dee~s GG always&forever ~Kitty GG~'s Avatar
    I think my give a damn is busted anyhow.
    I LOVE that line!!!

I'm not F2M.. so I'll keep my shaving routine to myself.

But I have noticed that hormones play a huge role in smell. When Dee started on Anti-A's her smell changed dramatically. And then when she started on Estrogen it changed again.

Testosterone gives that very male smell. I recognize that everywhere. I'm not sure if Estrogen has a signature smell.. I know that adding E changes your smell.. but since I'm obviously used to my own smell and I've never recognized a female smell like I do a male smell.. I can't really make any judgements on it. I do wonder tho.

Love & Hugs
    ~Kitty~
    Last edited by ~Kitty GG~; 06-28-2006 at 10:58 AM.
    [SIZE="2"]Love is trusting
    Love is honest
    Love is not a hand that holds you down
    ~Tonic
    [/SIZE]

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex
    How did you know this is just what I needed (especially with my crazy oily skin)?
    Well as Patsy says, if you want to know about girly stuff -- ask a CD or DQ....

Glad it's working for ya.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

CaptLex - I got tea tree oil soap, and my acne and oily skin problem has really really subsided. Besides that I use Rodan & Fields Proactive Solution when I have a worse than usual outbreak, but only rarely because it's super bad for your skin. It's pretty much just a cream with a ton of Benzoyl Peroxide in it that dries everything out.

Acne is kinda gross and annoying but on the other hand - girls usually cover it all up somehow (makeup is a total mystery to me, kinda like the curvature of space - can't wrap my ahead around it at all) and if you have some I think it helps in passing.
    Nobody calls me Lebowski. You got the wrong guy. I'm the Dude, man.

CaptLex - I got tea tree oil soap, and my acne and oily skin problem has really really subsided. Besides that I use Rodan & Fields Proactive Solution when I have a worse than usual outbreak, but only rarely because it's super bad for your skin. It's pretty much just a cream with a ton of Benzoyl Peroxide in it that dries everything out.

Acne is kinda gross and annoying but on the other hand - girls usually cover it all up somehow (makeup is a total mystery to me, kinda like the curvature of space - can't wrap my ahead around it at all) and if you have some I think it helps in passing.
    Thanks, Perks, I've heard of tea tree oil, but never heard of Rodan & Fields Proactive Solution - sounds pretty drastic. I think I'll try a little of all the suggested stuff and see what works best for me. The problem with makeup coverup is that in the summer it just melts off my face in a few minutes (it's not the heat, it's the humidity!). It's better if I just wash my face more often to keep the pores clear. I've been using an aloe-based aftershave, but so far I'm not sure how I feel about it.
    Last edited by CaptLex; 06-29-2006 at 11:43 AM.

Was in wal-mart and a gal was in there with a guy trying on guy shorts - never would have ever had a second thought but today I had to wonder if she was a CD - not that I mind or care etc.

As for peach fuzz - that's what I get on my legs, much like a womans, I've been on hormones and the dark hair doesn't seem to be growing back-

But on a womans face, without testosterone I don't believe it'll appear as a shadow or "darker".

I did read a study once that said darker hair is thicker, even if DYED darker it becomes thicker. I don't know if it's true but you could always die the peach fuzz and have a shadow.....temporary dye maybe? I have very thin blonde hair except on my face and it is darker........

Just a thought
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard