I Have the black pen licked!

20170915_220351 (2).jpg
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Oh you know which box honey! Girls rule boys drool!

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Yesssssssssssss!

I know how I would reply (I've never seen a good reason to deny someone the right to get married based on the sex of the individuals involved), but what matters is how you feel on the matter. Let me ask you this, "How would you feel if you had to go thru a divorce if you were to transition"? Not allowing same sex marriage could force people into a divorce that no one wanted.

I say yes.

Paula also makes a good point, one which had never occurred to me.

Absolutely !
    Discrimination in any form is unfair.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

No brainer, let's end discrimination. It's a yes from this judge.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    "Marriage", itself is the problem. Not the gender of the participants. It shouldn't be allowed unless couples have passed a, "Marriage/Family/Divorce", test first!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Same sex marriages are allowed in the USA. All the arguments against same sex marriage never came to fruition. Of course check the 'yes' box.

as an interesting note before same sex marriage was universally allowed here there was an instance of the couple being marrying having both transitioned. So, the bride was MtF and the groom was FtM. The state could not deny the wedding license since it was not a same sex marriage!

Banned Read only
    Stacy,
    This poses a difficult one , most of us would answer yes. If your wife has an input or wishes to see the form how would she feel. I assume as the homeowner you will be the one to complete the form.

It reminds me of the suggested changes to the next national UK census, there may be sections dedicated to the LGBTG groups, to answer incorrectly could be an offence . By then I will be living alone but did wonder in different circumstances how my wife would react if she saw the boxes I'd chosen to tick.

We keep talking about honesty on the forum so the right thing to do is be honest, I hope it doesn't lead to another 4 hour confrontation !!

Easy Yes! I don't understand why this is even controversial in Australia.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Yes, obviously!
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    Same sex marriages are allowed in the USA. All the arguments against same sex marriage never came to fruition.
    Not quite true. There are the religious objections. I'll not debate the worth (or accuracy) of those doctrinal objections. Instead, I will observe that our system of law and government should never have gotten into the marriage business in the first place. For many, if not most, a marriage is as much a religious construct as a civil one. The two have been conflated and that is the problem. Stop letting clergy create a union which creates any change in the participants' civil status or obligations. You want to get married, go to your church. You want to create a civil union, and enjoy the legal rights and obligations that come with, go see the justice of the peace. You want both, do both. If you want to make religion-based objections to same sex marriage, make then in your church. Just keep your dogma out of our system of law and government.

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Kelly View Post
    Just keep your dogma out of our system of law and government.
    I'm with you up until this. Religious people have as much right to shape law and government as anybody else. That's democracy! Here in the US we have a Bill of Rights that is supposed to act as a bulwark against democracy. Too bad it didn't work.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I am bias so I will say yes.
    If you want a religious ceremony find a church Civil union for legal rights sure why not so go for that.
    If you love the person what difference does it make?

YES! Love is love! Period! I do not think God would object as Jesus is love! IMHO Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I will be voting Yes when I get my form

Untitled
    and already it has gone into political and religious discussion, which now means it is closed
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another