Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Can't Believe That She Never Knew

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    If u have questions and want them answered, why don't u ask her?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I was writing a "Mom's know" response to this thread, but when I reached 3 pages I figured it was not appropriate to write that much. So lets just say

Moms Know!!

I'm pretty sure my mom knew and I think it horrified her. She would make some awful comments about gay people (because of course I must be gay) as if to try to scare me straight LOL. But she never said anything directly to me about either being gay or wearing her clothes. She was and is very religious and the idea that I was possibly gay (because, again of course I must be LOL) scared her so that she didn't say anything, and my mom was not shy about confrontation. Needless to say my therapy is not just about how being a crossdresser fits into my life, but also about the incredibly powerful residual shame and pain I felt, and still feel, at times.

Nevertheless the sheer lace teddie that her office got her as "gag" present...OOH I had to have it! IT WAS WORTH IT!

My mom had a lot of older things she no longer wore, stored in the attic. So I had complete access to those items. Other than that I tried to use only the things that she didn't seem to wear very often and things from the laundry hamper that were already in a state of having been worn so my having used them was not noticeable.

I'm pretty certain my Mother knew. I also know she "caught" me once, though never said a thing. I don't believe she ever picked up on the crossdressing entirely. I think she believed I was gay.
    I went through a terrible period from the time I left high school until I started a career and eventually married. I knew I was "different" and tried like crazy to sort out my feminine gender and orientation issues. I know I came home from a long night of clubs still wearing my earrings and a touch of lipstick, and fell into bed. In the morning Mother knocked on my bedroom door to awaken me for work and opened the door to find me in the bed, festooned my the earrings she never saw before (and my long hair and the lipstick). I faintly recall (since I was arising from slumber) a look of horror on her face when she retreated from the door threshold. Nothing was ever said about it, nor any of my other sissy-femme antics and dressing at the time; nor anything said about me messing with her make up, UNTIL.........

Decades later and senior in my military career, I was preparing for retirement still a couple years away. I was having lunch with my Mom (before she passed), and we were talking about my career in the Navy, the adventures I had, the success, how wonderful to have become a Naval Officer..... etc. Then she said something that struck me. "I am so glad the way you turned out." Given the context and the moment in our discussion, and the background of my life, I knew what she was finally talking about. She had always been "worried" that I was gay (or somehow strangely effeminate). But here I was, years later, a warrior and husband/father of some notable success, and not the fop she had feared would prevail.

So, my Mom knew. She never directly let on. All Mothers know, I'm convinced. They're Mothers, for crying out loud. They know us better than we know ourselves. I almost wish she would have had the courage to talk to me about "it" when it was all going down badly in my youth.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Yep, my mom knew. I remember her confronting me one day (vividly). I had spent the night at a friends house and she was picking me up. We were in the car on the way home and she asked/stated, "have you been wearing my bras?" I was a little shocked/scared but answered yes. She was not mad but said that I should have my own things. So she was cool, and set up a specific drawer for her old/used things that became mine my mom has always been cool she always comes over for Halloween hangs out with me*
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

As much as i tried to hide or thought i got away with dressing i know my mom knew .It was just comments she would make about someone messing with her clothes .
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo