Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dressing more, enjoying less?

The urge will always be there and after a while it just becomes normal and the rush isn't there any more but you are happy as yourself.
    Part Time Girl

You are in a good place. You say you are enjoying it immensely so just relax and go with the situation. I know that for me part of the intense enjoyment of dressing were the feelings of sexual excitement. Dressing more seems to satisfy something different within you. A calmer but in some ways more gratifying state.

ENJOY!

Platinum Member
    I think there is a difference between the "high" and feeling "normal". Most CDrs at some life stage have experienced the high - sexual or otherwise - associated with dressing. It might have been as simple as a thrill associated with a new, seemingly forbidden fruit. With regular opportunities and acceptance, one would expect (and hope) that the experience of the high might diminish.

I suppose then one of two things might happen: A) you might seek new ways to hit the high....which runs the risk of becoming an escalating, addictive cycle with the associated hazards; or B) as you've experienced, expressing this part of yourself becomes "normal"...comfortable...someone and someplace you prefer to be.

I've experienced both the destructive aspects of A) and the more sustainable, comfortable expression in B). In the end, I'd take B any day.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

These days I am dressed en femme most of the time. There was a time, however, when I dressed very seldom. The feelings are quite different now. When I dressed only rarely, the feelings were intense, sometimes almost sexual in intensity (but distinctly different). Now, female clothing is just my normal clothes. Despite the change in feelings I enjoy dressing more than ever. I love the feeling of normality. The feeling that this is how I'm supposed to look. I don't miss the intense feelings, and I'm actually glad they are gone. The feelings were intense because I would go for days or even weeks denying who I really was and pretending to be someone else. When I could finally release my inner self it was like eating a meal after weeks of starving. To push the analogy further, I'd rather eat regular meals than starve myself for weeks waiting for an intense feeling of relief.

I still really enjoy looking in the mirror and seeing a woman look back at me, but it's an everyday occurrence now, and this is the way it should be.

When I first started dressing it was definitely a big HIGH but as I dressed more and more and was comfortable with it, it became very routine and I like that.

I believe my wardrobe consists more of female than male attire. That being said, I dress accordingly. Nothing epic. Just everyday I pick out what I'm going to wear and how my makeup will look. Pretty routine.