Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Come clean to shrink

I definitely agree with those who suggested finding a therapist who specializes in, or at least has experience in gender issues, if at all possible. The Psychology Today site mentioned earlier is a good resource. My therapist has such a background and she is very affirming and supportive.
    Also, my cardiologist read me the same riot act and, in addition to starting therapy, I have also begun attending some very mellow yoga classes. Great stress relief.
    Best of luck and know that we are all pulling for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post

Anyway, I find it somewhat unusual a doctor would not make referrals to dieticians, etc.
    Stephanie, the doctor in question is not my own doctor, he is a contract doctor required to assess my fitness to return to work, it was he who suggested I visit my own doctor to seek out stress management of some kind, I have an appointment for Monday, I have previously been diagnosed with stress and was on medication for this, however a couple of years on those and I felt I could cope without them so stopped using them.
    I suspect I'll be told to start taking them again.
    Gennifer, I have been thinking about yoga of some sort, I thought it might be relaxing.

Banned Read only
    Leanne, seeing a "gender" therapist is a good idea at least for a visit or two, however they want you to keep coming back ($$$). See a female, you will be more comfortable in revealing and talking about your crossdressing and how it helps you relieve stress. She might suggest that you dress, have a glass of wine and listen to soft soothing music in a diminly lit room to wind down, could be better than pills. I would also suggest you go underdressed, thigh highs, panties and bra; this will help you acknowledge and tell her how you like and how CDing helps you. Much better and more comfortable talking to a woman that is wearing the same undies as you are rather than a man. And feel comfortable going underdressed, you and the female therapist will have this in common, both wearing the same underwear.