Thread: One of the girls...

One of the girls...

I was just texting with another girl from this site and I mentioned that during my last makeover at a local salon I got in a conversation with a woman nearby who was getting a pedicure. I was dressed en femme but didn't make any attempt to change my voice and since she saw me with no makeup on when I walked in it was clear I wasn't a woman but she said nothing about that and we had a nice chat and she made me feel like one of the girls.

So, is there anything you do or have done that makes you feel "like one of the girls"?

Elizabeth

No, Never! Then, Yes!

30+ yrs as an adult in salons being waxed has made me comfortable. Yet it was never a girl thing as I was waxing as a male swimmer! (a girly one)

I suppose that the most girly thing which comes to mind is that I have been having a few facials and having my brows shaped and coloured a lot recently and the talk time I have with my beautician is to me priceless! I'm one of the Girls when there, and I love it!

Oh Darling! (Beauty salon)
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I am still waiting for that to happen for me. So far it's always been from sales people or others either in a retail or support environment who go out of their way to make me feel welcome. Conversations with women when I've been presenting female have always focused on my transgender nature and have yet to stray from that to "normal" things. It's probably more my doing than theirs since I don't really get in situations where those conversations are a reasonable outcome of the situation.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

It's happened to me a few times and I've treasured all of them.

One secretary at work opened up to me at a company dinner when we were outside having a smoke. No, I wasn't dressed (on the outside anyway) but she needed/wanted to talk. I just provided a sympathetic ear.

I've had some girl talk at the nail salon but at other times the Ice Age Cometh the instant I walked through the door. In many ways I found that funnier than a Monty Python movie.

You never know when or were it's going to happen but you can enjoy the ride when it does!

I have had conversations about finger and toe nails being polished and the colors and such with a few GGs and it makes you feel like one of the girls! I have sat through some nasty conversations between females and felt like one of the girls although I did not take part in the conversation! It does occur at times! Not often enough! ( the feeling of belonging that is!) LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

What does "one of the girls" mean to you.

You need to know that many of us have the ability to chit-chat with anyone, man or woman, whether they are dressed in opposite-sex clothing or not. Had you instead been dressed as a guy in a long waiting line (say to get tickets for something) and had struck up a conversation with this same woman to pass the time, she would have been just as friendly and would have chit-chatted just as much. Does just talking to a woman mean that you believe she sees you as one of the girls? If, on the other hand, your conversation centered on feminine grooming, this would not have come up in the waiting line if you were dressed as a guy, but this is just talking about the activity at hand, no matter who engages in it ... just making conversation. If she knew you were a guy getting a makeover, then I should think she was simply talking to you as a guy who gets a makeover and who is interested in such things.
    Reine

More often than not when I go get a pedicure always in male mode, as I haven't had the courage to go en femme for a salon visit. I'm treated by most as any other customer. Though a few months back 2 very rude some decide to comment one Sunday morning Bout the weird man who was getting bright red toes, so I got a full set of acrylics too.

Reine makes a good point as my experiences so far were in male mode! Dressed have only been with SAs! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

ReineD You are 100 % correct about what you stated, but in our minds we are girls also, so when we have the pleasure to talk to another (natural) woman, and dressed as a woman our self, this gives us the feeling of her excepting us as one of the girls , she did not run away screaming. I know, this may or may not be true, but I know for myself, it makes me feel good. So, please let us have this small pleasure, even if it is not true. Marshalynn

Actually a few times with a few different women. At work only one of the women know I dress and she confides in me. I used to go jewelry shopping for my friend's store (dressed) and on more than one occasion she'd tell me that sometimes she'd forget that I was a guy.

Actually, this happens to me a lot now, regardless of my presentation. I can be in full male mode, and a girl notices my nails are done feminine style, and she immediately strikes up a conversation about, "Where do you get them done? They look fabulous!" No comments at all about me being a guy with feminine nails. She is responding exactly as she would to another woman's manicure.

When I am en-femme, I often have women complement my clothes or shoes or makeup and we start chatting just as they would with any other woman. No comments about my being transgender, or any indication they even realize I was born male. Just acceptance as what I am presenting as, and comfortable 'girl talk' chatter.

I think both men and women communicate on a different level among members of the same sex compared to when in mixed company. Two of my ex's closest friends were aware of my feminine side and would sometimes visit unannounced. In fact I believe the reason she confided in them was so they could visit freely. Once they became comfortable with Jackie, the conversations were more relaxed, subjects were not censured, that invisible (unconscious) barrier was lifted.
    These gals were also married and we often socialized with them as couples. I don't believed either of them ever outed me to their husbands. It was a secret among the girls.

I have interests that males generally prefer (flying, sail boat racing, motorcycle riding) and am able to carry on conversations with male friends about these hobbies. However, I never feel like "one of the guys". I feel like part of the human race that enjoys those particular activities.

I'm in a salon right now with bleach in my hair, my hairdresser knows about Emily and has been working with me for a year to let my hair grow. I've brought my wig in for her to style before. We have already talked about my hair cut. I went platinum this summe, we r touching up the roots now. It's fun talking hair, nails, and makeup with her.

Silver Member
    The couple of times I've dined with one or more forum sisters I just felt very girly, but not as one of the girls, per se.

H-m-m-m I'm not sure how to answer this, but I'll try.

In here, I'm just 'one of the girls' but maybe that doesn't count...

In group settings (in drab mode), I find myself gravitating more toward where the women are. Cars, guns, sports, etc. hold no interest for me, and I find it hard to talk 'guy'.

I've been out en-femme and treated as a regular woman - but not so much as 'one of the girls' but more as a stranger/customer/face in the crowd. Oddly enough, being not noticed felt WONDERFUL.

There was one incident that I'll always remember... I was sitting with a group of female friends (I was fully male at the time) when the discussion turned rather raunchy. (Let's just say it involved complaining about sore knees and leave it at that) I spoke up, saying something like "Hey, there's a guy present" One of the women just responded with "It's OK. you're like one of the girls anyway." While I loved to hear this, I was flabbergasted at the same time.
    I still wonder if the same acceptance would have been there if I'd be in a dress instead...

Banned Read only
    ACCEPTANCE, not freaking out and stand off ish and the ice treatment by women but women treating you like another female that is interested in girl talk and girl things and dressed as a woman. Completely different than a gg talking with a man; men don't talk about girl things. This makes you feel like one of the girls.

BTW, it seems like a whole lot more women accept MtF CD's than not, this has also been my experience when chatting them up. So I'm saying it seems a lot more than less have no problem in a male wearing female clothes. Would love to know in our world today with so many accepted and changing appearances how many men and women have no problem with men wearing some to all female clothing.