Thread: Confidence is the key to acceptance.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Confidence is the key to acceptance (or at least tolerance)

Hello beautiful people

I am now on my 13th month of MTF HRT. As time progresses, I feel better and better about being out in the real world as my true self. I estimate that I have had hundreds of interactions with people and I would say that the vast, vast majority have been very positive. I am not blind to the fact that due to my build, I am read almost immediately. But, guess what, I don't care anymore)) If people can't accept me, then by my confidence and friendliness, I make it their problem, not mine. I am consistent in the way in which I conduct my self in public as a women. I speak to everyone that I can, I always try to have a pleasant look on my face. Most importantly, I avoid awkwardness and always try to look like I am exactly where I belong.

I live in a very politically and socially conservative area. However, I think people even in this area are trying to show that they can at least allow me to exist in their space. Some tolerate but others go much further in their support and gratitude. I will end on this: I was in the sporting goods section of a local store looking at hunting equipment)). I was dressed well and my makeup was conservative but adequate. I turn a corner and lo and behold, a big, bubba of a man in hunting camo and football cap stops what he is doing, looks at me in a very normal way, and says "how are you this morning ma'am?" He was on his cell phone and as I walked away and turned down the next aisle, I listened for laughs, jokes, and what have you....yet there were none. We met again a little later and he was almost deferential (perhaps as he would be to any other women.) My sense was that he was not a creeper or on the prowl for a tranny fantasy. He seemed genuinely gentlemanly. Needless to say, this made my confidence go through the roof...moreover, this is becoming a frequent occurrence...what to make of all of this?

Hugs,

Mandy
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 09-18-2017 at 06:31 PM. Reason: No firearms no exceptions