Thread: House sitting

House sitting

Ladies,

I need someone's take on this. I am house sitting for my sister in November. Now she knows I dress and padd heavily when I do. She wants me to house sit the same weekend as my support group meeting. I asked her if she was ok with me leaving her house padded and dressed as Amanda. She says she doesn't care personally but she is wondering about the neighbors since some of her neighbor's and I went to high school together. She is a little worried on how to handle this. Your thoughts. Dressing at the meeting is an option I have. I want to respect her wishes and I also told her I am at the point in my life if someone See's me who knows me I don't care.
    Amanda

Banned Read only
    Well your last sentence pretty much answered the question. But if she honestly didn't care, then she shouldn't care about what the neighbors say.

Just ask her if she's more concerned for you or for herself. They way you wrote your post it sounds like she's more concerned with you being uncomfortable getting read by someone you know. If that's the case then it's totally up to you. If she's more concerned about her own embarrassment, then you probably want to respect her wishes. But since she says it doesn't matter to her personally, I'm guessing it's more the former. So if you don't mind old high school classmates reading you, then go for it.

Banned Read only
    If you do not care if anyone sees you en femme, then go for it. In as much as you indicated the event is in November, if it is in the evening it may be dark enough to provide some level of privacy in a car. Sometimes home owners will tell neighbors they will be absent for the weekend and someone will be house sitting. That may give rise to you being interrupted by friends and acquaintances knocking on the door. Maybe you should tell your sister not to let the neighbors know who the house sitter will be to offer you more privacy.

I don't see what is wrong with your sister asking her sister to house sit. Of course there will be some family resemblance, you are related. If the neighbors know there isn't another sister, you now become the cousin. Just add amnesia, an evil twin and a funeral fight and a soap opera might break out.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I deal with this every summer, Amanda. When we leave for events while it's still lite and neighbors r often outside.

I wear a man's jacket over my dress in my car. And, a baseball cap and sunglasses. When I get to our event, I put on my wig, take off my jacket, and strutt on in!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I November its dark early. If you are leaving in the evening, no issues.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

During the early days of my transition I used to wear a sweatshirt or loose men's T shirt over my clothes, get in the car in the garage, open the door by remote, start the car, and go. Put the T shirt back on after group and drive home in it.

One time I got out of the car in full girl mode with no cover to take a quick look for a missing delivery. My neighbor walked up with it in her hands and she literally did not recognize me, so now I don't bother with the cover.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
    I am at the point in my life if someone See's me who knows me I don't care.
    You seem to have answered your own question...
    I used to have a short attention spa

Go for it, I almost always do when house sitting. It's nice to take a walk around a new neighborhood. Have fun

Hi Amanda,

Is it possible your sister isn't comfortable with it but doesn't want to say so and is using the neighbors as a roundabout way of expressing her own misgivings? Just a thought...

Elizabeth

"Go with your sisters wishes Amanda!"

Bending the rules a bit and stepping out is what some of us do, I do! We only have so many sisters to keep happy so I'm with the listen to sis and go by her rules!
    Can't believe I said that!
    Sensible Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Aspiring Member
    "What will the neighbours think?"
    Do the neighbours spend their time peering out of their windows, or are they like normal people who just get on with their lives? Would they even recognise you?

When I first started going outside, I used to worry that I might be spotted by the neighbours, but to be honest, they're minding their own business somewhere. I do check that they are not around outside before I venture out, but I don't obsess that they might be "curtain twitching".

"OhmaGAWD, Mildred, come look at this! That feller across the street over thar is wearin' a DRESS!!"

"Why, yes he is! Cute heels, though ....."