Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dumb law (does this actually exist)

Silver Member
    Sounds like the sheriff got a law passed so only he could crossdress. This assures that he will be the best looking crossdresser in walnut.

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar
    Well, here is another one, this time closer to home.

It is illegal to cross-dress in Ironton, OH

Ironton, for those who don't know, is right on the Ohio River across from Kentucky. Amazing what you can find when you are looking for something else.
    [B][I]Call me Michelle: doll:

Michelle, most of the information I have found has been while I was looking for something else.

Not really diectly CD, but there is a city ordanance here that makes it illegal for women to wear high heels downtwn. Obviously this is not enforced. At some point, a woman got her heel stuck and broke her foot/ankle.

Perhaps we could all apply for a permit from the Walnut Ca. Sheriff, can it be done online?
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Problem is, a policeman COULD arrest you, throw you in the clink, and have every reason to do so as long as these laws are on the books. Even if the judge sets you free the next day, if the government of that location doesn't get rid of that law, it can happen again to you tomorrow.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Do you realize how many laws are on the books? There are millions upon millions. I never really paid attention to them for the longest time but a few years back I noticed that at the beginning of each new year a really large amount were signed into law.

In 2012, 44,000 new laws went into affect at the beginning of that year alone. each year afterwards, any where from 20,000 to as high as 36,000 went into affect. last year California ALONE passed 900 new laws.

They pick one or two laws to tell you about but the rest are pretty unknown and trying to look them up isn't easy. The moral of the story is, there are a whole slew of laws we are expected to obey that no one knows about. I would say, taking CDing out of it, that we break a law just waking up every morning. Quite simply, there are plenty of laws out there to help them fill their coffers or arrest anyone at any given time for any given reason. that's how out of control it is.

If i get arrested for wearing pantyhose, at least I am being arrested in style

Here are 20 laws in the state that I live (MI) that are still on the books and how they ever made it to the books is beyond me:

Painted sparrow
    It is illegal to paint sparrows to sell them as parakeets.

Running pig
    It is illegal to let your pig run free in Detroit unless it has a ring in its nose.

Keeping Cows
    Keeping their cow Anyone can keep their cow on Main Street downtown at a cost of 3 cents per day.

Making love in automobile
    Making love in automobile Couples are banned from making love in an automobile unless the act takes place while the vehicle is parked on the couple’s own property.

Scowling
    It is illegal for a man to scowl at his wife on Sunday. (Detroit)

Women's haircuts
    A woman isn’t allowed to cut her own hair without her husband’s permission.

Men seducing women
    No man may seduce and corrupt an unmarried girl, or else he risks five years in prison.

Smoking
    (there was no description for this, just "smoking")

Bathing suits
    All bathing suits must have been inspected by the head of police. (Rochester)

Adultery
    Adultery is illegal, but can only be punished upon a complaint by the affected husband or wife.

Confiscating items
    Security guards at Joe Louis Arena will confiscate any item they feel might be thrown onto the ice. (Detroit)

Swear
    You may not swear in front of women and children. (Repealed, 2002)

Decompression chamber
    It is illegal to kill a dog using a decompression chamber.

Cars on Sunday
    Cars may not be sold on Sunday.

Handgun license
    Any person over the age of 12 may have a license for a handgun as long as he/she has not been convicted of a felony.

Abandoned hoop skirt
    No person shall throw an abandoned hoop skirt into any street or on any sidewalk, under penalty of a five- dollar fine for each offense. (Grand Haven)

Serenade
    It is against the law to serenade your girlfriend. (Kalamazoo)

Drunk on trains
    Persons may not be drunk on trains.

Robber to file a law suit
    It is legal for a robber to file a law suit, if he or she got hurt in your house.

Bounty for starling and crow
    There is a 3 cent bounty for each starling and 10 cent bounty for each crow killed in any village, township, or city in the state.
    Last edited by ~Joanne~; 09-21-2017 at 10:23 AM.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Problem is, a policeman COULD arrest you, throw you in the clink, and have every reason to do so as long as these laws are on the books. Even if the judge sets you free the next day, if the government of that location doesn't get rid of that law, it can happen again to you tomorrow.
    Honestly I think there's a better chance you'd get bitten by a rabid squirrel walking through a park (while crossdressed of course). The backlash against any police officer enforcing this law would be immense.

Platinum Member
    Hi Michelle , Hollywood could make a great comedy movie about the crazy laws still on the books......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Also keep in mind that traffic violation fines are figured into each town's budgets every year.
    So traffic tickets must be given out no matter what just to support the towns budget.

The most treacherous time for this is late at night, particularly near the end of the month when cops are actively looking for people to give tickets to .
    In the past when I worked nights, (and was on the road nights) I have gotten tickets for things that were not even illegal.
    The hope is, you will not know that it is a bogus charge and pay the fine.. which very often happens.

Other times, they will just use the catch all... made up charge that you failed to stay in lane and you will have no defense for that, even if it is a total fabrication .

So, one must think twice about driving "dressed" at night as you then have the most chance of being stopped .
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 09-22-2017 at 12:30 PM.

There are many laws about gender identity and sexual orientation which are unenforceable but not yet repealed, particularly in municipal codes. Probably most of the local Sheriff Department in Walnut, California doesn't even know about the law you cited. I liked the suggestion by Stephanie47 that a movement to repeal it might force politicians who are trying to play both sides against the middle make a stand on gender rights.

Bit of advice. Don't ask cops what is illegal. They don't fully know. It's more likely they will pull you over for what they think is illegal. Most arrests are probably the things they know are illegal. If you want to know if something is legal or not, call a lawyer or a judge. It's their job to know the law. I asked a cop if something was illegal and all they said was 'I wouldn't do it' even though the question wasn't would you do it, it was is it legal. Cops know things like speeding, drug possession, domestic abuse, ect. They know the general. You want fine details, talk to a lawyer.