Thread: I have come out to female friends.

I have come out to female friends.

I have been dressing for 30ish years, since i was around 15. i have always been up front when im in a relationship which has always helped.
    My wife is good with the dressing, but sometimes coming out to friends is a little hard, think she is trying to protect me from being hurt.
    But have found coming out to female friends are so much easier than male friends, i have come out to a great friend reciently and we hugged and cried a little aswell, she is such a great person and also lifts me up aswell.
    but took me a couple months to tell my wife i told our friend. I guess sometimes its private but lifting to tell someone you love and trust.
    When it feels rite to totaly trust and feel comfortable your life is more relaxed.

I am glad things worked out well for you! I have a male friend, we have not seen each other for a very long time! He has no idea and he wants to visit this fall! I need to come out to him soon because I do not want him to drive from PA. to NC and end up having to drive right back if it does not go well! You are right about the trust and feeling comfortable! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I definitely agree with you there!

My wife is fine with me dressing up, mainly to make YouTube videos and to do stand-up; Saturday I told her just to let me know before she gets home because I'll be all dolled up making videos.
    She is just not real into seeing it all in person.

I told several cousins over in the southeast, both female, that I dress up to do stand-up conedy, and of course I shared pictures.

Of the first three people in my squadron I told and shared pics with, two are women.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Platinum Member
    Hi Zoe , It is wonderful that it worked out for you......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Hello Lana Mae
    Would you feel more comfortable by phone than face to face.
    if your friend is a true friend a chat could be your best option just bring it up slowly.
    my male friend i told is a gay friend still took abit to tell him but was worth it, its about timing and knowing when you feel its time to talk and let your feeling out.

Zoe, In a way it is like a weight has been lifted off ones shoulders, all my friends near me know as do everybody in my hamlet and the next village as well as the Mayor and all of his biddies, everybody accepts me and I have not lost anybody.

Banned Read only
    Zoe,
    There are degrees of coming out, I'm out to my family but to me it's not 100% because they haven't seen me. So when you say you've come out is it because you've told them or they have seen you fully dressed ? It is a big difference.

You say your wife is OK about your dressing again has she seen you ? She is uncomfortable with friends knowing which is something many of us come across but you think she is trying to protect you from being hurt , maybe she is more concerned about being hurt herself .

This point about being hurt by other people doesn't really happen , it is surprising how they do accept , the only one I find is hurt and tries to hurt me is my wife . In my case I'm an a DADT situation , she prefers not to know , and she prefers to think people don't know that is basically to protect herself not me .

Being comfortable and relaxed comes from accepting yourself, that way it doesn't matter what other people think because what ever they say or think isn't going to change you, nothing can remove the inner feelings and needs .

When i come out to my wife about my dressing, was when we were dating.
    My wife has seen me fully dressed up and we buy clothes togther.
    She has excepted me for who i am.
    but with friends i have told but not shown, has never been the time to show them.

As has been said before, once it's out of the box there's no putting it back in, I ruined a beautiful friendship with a female friend, we were getting on so well, then one time she shared a secret with me that she didn't want made public, I swore I wouldn't tell anyone and as a gesture of trust I shared my crossdressing secret, if I'd left it at telling it would have been fine but somehow I got caught up in the moment and perhaps in fact no perhaps, I did over step the mark and went too far.
    We do still speak but she's backed right off, I'm gutted as I really miss our conversations.