Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: yet another pantyhose thread

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    Nothing like a bunch of cd's criticizing gg's for what they wear and don't wear. Get a life. If you love pantyhose, wear them, but don't criticize someone who does not wear them.

Also, Just because a woman chooses to not dress up, does not make her lazy. I find it interesting to see the high and mighty over inflated egos of certain people on this board.

jodi
    I am so glad someone other than me said this

Platinum Member
    Amen, Tracii and Jodi. Styles change with the times. When my wife and I were first married back in the 1970's she and every other woman wore hosiery and dresses/skirts-blouses to work. I remember her cursing dresses in the frigid temperatures of winter while waiting for the elevated train to work. Women can look stylish in pants. It's also functionality. As a male I like watching the female form. And, the female form seems to be better viewed if she is wearing a dress.

Me? I need the hosiery when wearing a dress because my legs, although naturally hairless, are too pale and show the effects of aging, i.e., spider veins. And, many times the pretty dress will look better with contrast with hosiery than those pale northern European legs. Ugh!

PS: I've been watching Ken Burns' documentary on the Viet Nam War. I noticed in the old news reel images on college campuses the young women were all wearing dresses. The same with the protest demonstrations. You never see that anymore. Times bring changes.
    Last edited by Stephanie47; 09-22-2017 at 10:36 AM.

Banned Spammer
    I had written this post off just because of the title.
    I figured another pantyhose thread like we don't have a gazillion all ready.
    Wear them if you want but don't slam GG for not wearing them if they don't want to.
    CDs scream for acceptance from the public and yet will not give acceptance back to the public and I think that sucks.
    Practice what you preach people.

I hope it's alright, I would like to offer a gg perspective to the whole nylon/pantyhose discussion... and of course, this is only my opinion, I can not possibly speak for all, or all age groups even.

For me; I am 38, skirts and dresses are not part of my day-to-day wardrobe, therefore, neither are nylons. Mind you, I do work as a commercial construction safety officer, so that would be wildly impractical. I wear them on occasion. I won't be trite and say *special* occasion, but periodically for dates, and for company parties, weddings and such. I don't wear them under jeans or pants, but I do love to wear knee highs, which I don't consider to be in this category. I don't wear them all the time mostly because they are impractical. Other reasons include; cost, they run too easily, waist bands are uncomfortable (women, especially after having children, can tend to be... softer in the mid section and constricting that can be uncomfortable, something you might not consider); and honestly, I just don't think about them being part of my regular wardrobe, at all, and that may just be a generational thing.

I do love a good pair of nightshade nylons with a garter-belt like appearance peaking through a slit in a skirt, and will wear nylons/hose when I do have on a skirt or dress (unless it's specifically a sundress, then it seems pointless), and I will happily put on a sexy pair of thigh highs with or without a garter belt when wanting to feel more sexy/womanly/sensual, but that's about it.

I don't think we as women are taking for granted that we can wear these things all the time, but choose not to. It's just one item that we can either take or leave in today's fashion. It's not a staple. (Also... a lot of you have WAY nicer legs!!! Show them gams off! You have to know that a lot of are insecure and if we don't have to bare our legs, we won't.)

I do hear the argument (if you want to call it that) from the lovely cd'er in my life, that we, as gg's, simply can and therefore we should. The whole "If *I* could wear *that* (whatever *that* happens to be, from dresses/skirts/lingerie/nylons/stalkings/makeup... etc.) all the time, I would!" kind of thing, but honestly, I think the novelty would wear off at some point. Some of you say you don't go out or dress without it being to the nines, but is that all the time, every day? Every.Single.Day? I somehow doubt that. Again, great to say in theory, but it just isn't practical, and eventually you would realize that it takes a hell of a long time to always get dolled up, and you slowly begin to kind of cut that down, and eventually only do it for... and I hate to say it... special occasions. For me, I like to look good, like to look presentable, like to look pretty, but you get your routine down to something manageable for the day-to-day. It's not being lazy, just practical.

I would also like to add, and again this is only my opinion, that it seems to me that some crossdressers have a certain image in their mind of what a woman is, most of them are hot, gorgeous, sexy and fabulous, and while it's so great that you want emulate that, I just don't think you would be like that 24/7, 365. Even movie stars and models try to be *normal* or dress down and go out without being all done up, then someone snaps their pic and they are shunned for not having full make up, lashes, perfect form-fitting clothing, etc., etc., etc. Would you want the same to happen to you if you didn't take 3-4 hours (and perhaps a team of beauticians) to get ready?

Just my take. Thank you for reading.

-g
    Last edited by Littleg2; 09-22-2017 at 01:59 PM.

Thanks Littleg2 for your thread. I showed it to my wife and, bottom line, she totally agrees with you...especially how the novelty would wear off. I think I understand that too. I have the freedom to dress whenever I want too, but there have been occasions where I felt it wasn't worth the effort. Then the PF rolls in....👄💅👠👗👚💄💁

Banned Spammer
    Thank you for posting that Littleg2 and I hope some can grasp the concept that women don't have to dress like the CD thinks they should.
    I'm really tired of reading threads where CDs bash women for what they wear and say its too casual or they don't look like women did when they were growing up.
    I think its mostly just hobby Cders that are sooo hung up on hosiery and say it makes them feel feminine. OK that comment blows my mind so I'll move on.
    Ok I get that people have fetishes and thats cool and all but a new pantyhose thread (saying the same thing) every few weeks is getting old.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 09-23-2017 at 03:11 PM.

Sara, I've started within the last several months crossdressing at work. I agonized over what to wear until I was on a flight recently and saw a very smart looking flight attendant, and I've gravitated toward what I call my "flight attendant uniform" : knee-length black or navy or gray skirt, Ann Taylor button down blouse, flats, and, yes, pantyhose. It's boring and a bit matronly, but smart and professional and easy. Plus I feel very comfortable in it. Wearing pantyhose every day is a bit of a chore, especially on warm days, but no more than wearing a bra. I view it as one of the obligations of being a CDer. And I think that there are many things that GGs these days loathe (wearing rollers, for instance) but us CDers love.

Banned Spammer
    The question is "why" do CDs love it?
    My take is CDs love it because its something a woman does and a man doesn't nothing more than that.
    Why would you want to wear rollers if you didn't have to?
    I roll my hair sometimes to style my hair but I don't do it because I want to act like a woman or that women wear them so I will too to feel feminine.
    I wounder about a lot of members here and what drives them and makes them think like they do.

Silver Member
    Some people like things other people can't understand. Some GGs are into competitive running. I can't understand the appeal of running a marathon, but I don't doubt that they enjoy it for what it means and does for them.

Why do some enjoy pantyhose or rollers? (I like rollers too BTW.) It appeals to them, like some people may enjoy running marathons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    Nothing like a bunch of cd's criticizing gg's for what they wear and don't wear. Get a life. If you love pantyhose, wear them, but don't criticize someone who does not wear them.

Also, Just because a woman chooses to not dress up, does not make her lazy. I find it interesting to see the high and mighty over inflated egos of certain people on this board.

jodi
    GG's themselves criticize other GG's for what they wear or don't wear. Men criticize other men for what they wear or don't wear. It's human nature. A lot of people DO leave the house dressed like slobs and yes, that makes them lazy. Yes, that is criticism. For the record, I have a life. Attacking us for having an "OPINION" or "CRITICISM" was uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Wear them if you want but don't slam GG for not wearing them if they don't want to.
    Nobody was slamming anyone for NOT wearing pantyhose. It's critiquing and that is human nature as stated above. We all have it whether we want it or not, or like it or not. Just like CDing, it's here whether we want or like it. get use to it. Throwing "slam" in there for the sake of white knighting is low.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleg2 View Post
    The whole "If *I* could wear *that* (whatever *that* happens to be, from dresses/skirts/lingerie/nylons/stalkings/makeup... etc.) all the time, I would!" kind of thing, but honestly, I think the novelty would wear off at some point. Some of you say you don't go out or dress without it being to the nines, but is that all the time, every day? Every.Single.Day?

Hi LittleG Thank You for a common sense en-lighting post! I do want to touch on the quoted part though while I agree with you fully that IF we did it everyday, the novelty WOULD indeed wear off but we don't, that is the difference between the CD's here and the TG's here.

The TG's believe that being as close to the everyday GG brings them that much closer to who they feel they are. which make absolute sense seeing they are living their lives as women. I do not speak for anyone here in particular, nor as a lumped group, but that is the conciseness that i get when i read reply's to threads such as dreaded pantyhose threads.

CD's on the other hand do not want to blend, we want to wear the things that make us CD in the first place and for a good majority of us here, it starts with pantyhose. We also don't get to indulge ourselves as much as we like so that does put a taint on our views when it comes to pantyhose, heels, etc etc etc. taking what little time to dress that we have and wearing jeans and flip flops just isn't time well spent.

I think my biggest beef here, the one I was trying to get across, was anyone, CD, GG, TG, or Male leaving their house looking like a pig is just plain LAZY. it can't be much of anything else. I guess being a slob isn't a crime but taking a few extra minutes to make yourself presentable isn't either.

You did try to stay away from the "special occasion" thing but even then, a lot of women (or men) won't go that extra two or three steps to dress properly for that special occasion either. Again, that is being lazy. No one in their right mind expects, nor do they do it themselves, each and every day but again, when does that day come? A wedding would most certainly fall under "that day" or "special occasion".
    Last edited by ~Joanne~; 09-24-2017 at 03:03 PM.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Joanne,

Thank you for your point of view on the TG vs. CD and dressing. I do agree with you that some people do not take any time or effort in their appearance before they leave the house, and one can't help but wonder if they care at all?! For me it's seeing a GG wearing over-sized sweats, a grubby T, crddy footwear, no make-up and usually a bun hairdo. *shudder* I honestly try not to judge, I know people are just trying to live and get through their day, and could be going through a lot, but (here's the judging part), I do wonder if these people have just given up?

I did laugh at your flip-flop comments (in both responses), though, as my bf (cd'er) was staying with me but came straight from work and only had work boots, so he's been happily wearing my 'blinged out' flip-flops when he has to run out for a quick errand or when we went out to eat (nowhere fancy-lol), while in men's clothing.

I think sara had it right in initially saying "I guess to each their own."

I tend to think the gg's look better in skirts and dresses when wearing nylons or pantyhose - but that is my opinion and not gg's concern. There are some fashions that look better without nylons. I agree with Littleg2 and others to each their own. That being said, I have to thank Princess Kate for re-energizing woman's fashion and the resulting increase in gg's wearing pantyhose

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Pantyhose can be a crossdresser's best friend for several reasons (some already mentioned here).

Obvious reason is that can sometimes hide scars and such, especially darker hose.
    And of course they can help with tucking.

I for one love 'em!
    But like you said, to each their own.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

At deer camp men criticize men for wearing mis-matched camo, but it's all in fun. I think we're mocking self-appointed fashion police who take this stuff too seriously.
    I have a "thing" for certain items of women's wear, but not for stockings or pantyhose. But I always wear them when I dress up. I can't imagine wearing high heels without them. They are dressup essentials.

I have tried wearing my heels without any sort of hosiery and I just can't do it. I don't like the feel of them on my bare feet and i can see how doing so would make one's feet hurt after a very short time and probably the reason why so many people's feet are blistered to death and look so beat up.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!