Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: yet another pantyhose thread

Aspiring Member

yet another pantyhose thread

I just shave my legs, I only do this a couple times per year. My legs look like they have been run through a chipper, all kinds of scars, cuts and rough skin. It's a good thing I like to wear nylons of any type, they make your legs soft and smooth. This always makes me wonder why so many woman don't like stockings of any sort. There is nothing more sexy. I mention stay ups and garter belts to my wife and a friend, they both said the same thing, gross. I guess to each their own.
    Sara

Banned Read only
    Sara,
    It's surprising how many GGs tolerate wearing tights most of them hate them , occasionally it's good to hear some have gone back to wearing suspenders and stockings . I had an interesting conversation with my gender counsellor about her choice , she preferred holdups, but then told me a funny story about some that didn't stay up ! I wish more would go back to wearing stockings , they are becoming more difficult to buy on the high street .

I shave my legs everyday to avoid all those problems you describe .

Fashion is cyclical. They will be back. Just like the thin black ties I wore in the 80's that take up.residence in a box in my closet.

I love my little black skirt, bare legs - smoothly shaven and lotionized, of course and a pair of 3" heels. I keep my legs tanned too. I struggle between stockings and bare legs unless it's cold or I really need pantyhose to help my tuck.

Absolutely! There's nothing like slipping on hose...stockings, thigh highs, knee highs, or pantyhose (Hanes Silk Reflections) after shaving and lotion. I, too, don't understand why women seem to have quit wearing hose of any kind. I asked my wife why she quit. Her response included..uncomfortable, nuisance, expensive, freedom, etc. She feels the same about underwires. (Another favorite). I hesitate wearing hose when I go out. Yes, they do cause some attention. I think we are the ones keeping the hosiery industry in business. Fashions are always changing, but come back...hems up...hems down....heels high...heels low...etc. hope may make a comeback, but I'm not too sure. I keep well stocked.

I think some women are a smidge on the lazy side. I sat quietly once several years ago listening to several women having a gripe session over having to wear panty hose to some event. Gripes included being hot, having to shave legs, putting their thumbs through them. I had to fight hard to not laugh at them. But then, in that group, anything that resembled fem just didn't exist. (Unless you consider Chap Stick as being makeup)

Hosiery will come back in style. Heck, I remember when heels were very hard to come by-now look at them.
    I don't dress up because I want to be a woman, I dress up to make me happy.

Hose are what i started with which led to heels and on and on. It is strange. I was born in 74. My mother worked in uppner scale fashion stores here and f I remember correctly several people f them required it as part of their dress code. So to me, the ability to wear hose and heels was the epitome of being a woman. Men "could not" wear them.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I found out fairly recently that a lot of women wear tights under their jeans or trousers, I asked my wife about it (in a roundabout way) and she said she didn't know why and it seemed a bit odd to her. She almost never wears them, I never go without (when dressed).
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I have noticed my boss (gf) wears them under her whatever (shorts or pants)(pantyhose that is!)! Not all have given them up! Also noted today (not a Sunday) more women than usual in dresses and skirts! It is not being dressed without pantyhose! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

i couldn't imagine being dressed in a skirt or dress without hose or pantyhose. The feeling of having smooth legs is incredible.

I like to wear tights or pantyhose and have way too many pairs, but when it's hot I'm fine with not wearing them. I do not have much hair on my legs so shaving a couple of times a week seems to be enough, I was so lucky to have my legs go bald and not my head.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

I read a blog post by a biological female. She wrote about her experiences while wearing nude pantyhose for a week. She expressed shame and fear the first day (kind of like how I have felt before a crossdressing outing). She was worried about how people would think of her and the looks she would get for wearing something so negative. She expressed her shock that no one noticed. When she pointed them out to people, she said that they expressed surprise and disinterest. If I remember correctly, some were impressed with how pretty they made her legs. By the end, she felt like wearing them were a non-event.

I conclude that there is a LOT more going on to keep women from wearing pantyhose than the "discomfort" story that we all hear.
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by marlacd View Post
    I think some women are a smidge on the lazy side.
    I think A LOT of people are on the lazy side when you see them out in public dressed the way they dress. My SO and i had a discussion a while back and she said "You won't find many women left out there that wear a dress (full nines here, hose, heels, etc, etc) every day" which is true and nor should they if they don't want to but damn, when does that day ever come?

I had a co-worker come by work dressed up once and I said" all that is missing is some pantyhose to make that all pop" she said she didn't own any pantyhose. I understand a lot of women don't own pantyhose but you should have at least a couple of pairs for those special occasions or such. I know they are a pain to put on sometimes but so are leggings which most don't have a problem with daily.

Then we could talk about those nasty flip flops but that's a different subject.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    My wife can't stand pantihose, and thinks I'm nuts because I love to wear them. She will do almost anything to avoid wearing them! Her words,"they are to hot, tight and uncomfortable". I love them because they are snug against the skin. The only problem with pantihose is pulling them down to go the the bathroom and then having to readjust them when finished.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Nothing like a bunch of cd's criticizing gg's for what they wear and don't wear. Get a life. If you love pantyhose, wear them, but don't criticize someone who does not wear them.

Also, Just because a woman chooses to not dress up, does not make her lazy. I find it interesting to see the high and mighty over inflated egos of certain people on this board.

jodi

Silver Member
    I fully dress every day. My thigh high stockings are a must. I wear them even if they have runs because they still give me the wonderful hugs I love to feel, just as new ones would.

Aspiring Member
    It is not about criticizing what woman wear, but trying to understand why they like or dislike them.
    Sara

Thank you for stating that, Jodi.

Bottom line: if you love 'em, wear 'em. If you don't, then don't.

Personally, I go for stockings and garters. I love the feel of the garters gently tugging with every step

Some very interesting threads. Jodi, I don't believe we're being critical...I'm certainly not. Could it involve a hint of jealousy and frustration from us. Why? Because they can and are able to wear hose and choose not to. I think liberation factors in. Years ago it was "burn the bra.😡". Recently, it's "burn the hose". My wife agrees...nix on hose (which includes garter belts, shapers and girdles)and underwires. She knows how much I love to wear hose and underwires and supports me. To each our own.

I love hose personally. Garters can be fun sometimes, but not really a common thing for me.

Platinum Member
    Hi Sara , RE: Gross, Just hang in there, What goes around ~~~ Comes around. >Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Every fashion goes round in cycles and I think the tide is turning for tights and stockings, just in the last few weeks Ive seen an upsurge in women wearing some form of sheer hosiery.

I too have heard many female friends complain about tights, with my exgirlfriends absolutely despising them. But I love them so much that I cannot imagine wearing skirts or dresses without them. Specifically I love patterned tights - with stripes, polka dots, small hearts, lace... They can add so much personality to the outfit it is unbelievable.

I would really like to understand why so many women hate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny22 View Post
    I fully dress every day. My thigh high stockings are a must. I wear them even if they have runs because they still give me the wonderful hugs I love to feel, just as new ones would.
    Jenny, I agree with you absolutely.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

I love to wear hosiery. Pantyhose, thigh highs, and knee highs, they feel and look wonderful. Pantyhose can be a hassle when going to the bathroom. I prefer thigh highs. I like the way they feel and look. Going to the bathroom is easy and they are very sexy. I think women don't realize how lucky they are to be able to wear them anytime they want. I wish I could wear them all the time.