Thread: Keep my bases covered

Keep my bases covered

Tonight my wife was going through her summer clothes getting ready to make space for her fall and winter wardrobe. She told me the pile on the floor is free for Maria to pick from, but she said if I can please go threw my clothes and throw something out and she asked why I don't throw anything out. I told her many times before, because when I was younger I never thought I would find a wife who would except this and always dreamed to have a wardrobe like I have now. I guess if I throw something out it's feels like the person who starved once in there life they can't throw food out and that's how I am. She told me that she understands but I have around 300 bras and to make room for the fem stuff I would rather get rid of my male clothes.
    She told me that she has her own theory on why I don't remove anything, it's because I pay close attention to women, and when I see something that catches my eye I want to copy it and reconstruct the look. She said on Sunday we were at the mall and when the cashier was ringing in our purchase her strap fell of her shoulder of her summer dress exposing a green bra strap and there was a rose where the strap meet the bra. She noticed that it caught my attention and then she asked me, when I went for a drive last night what colour bra was I wearing? I wanted to lie not to proof her right but I told her, yes I was wearing a green bra. She said that's why I don't throw anything out, I have to keep my bases covered, in case something catches my eye I want to make sure I have something close to recreate the look, and that's why my drawers are always a mess because Im always digging looking for that maticulur item. She said its amazing how we go out one night and she will see what catches my eye and she could predict what I'm going to wear the next time I dress.
    She told me the same thing a few months ago but in a different form, wow, she sure is a good observer. I went threw my stuff but I just can't do it, I can't let anything go, I don't know why. I think I'm a fem horder.

My answer would be that it's just so difficult to find female clothes that fit, once I have them I figure I'll never find it again. So I can't just throw them away.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Maria, I am moving this week and have been forced, not by my fiancee, but just the circumstances, to reduce what I have. I have taken several dresses and pairs of shoes to the Goodwill drop off box. Sometime you need to let go.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I am constantly going through my stuff and donating it to good will. All though you couldn't tell by how full my closet is. Eventually I will have the perfect wardrobe, (then the season will change).

As crossdressers we have two sets of clothing. I dedicate a certain amount of space to each wardrobe. When the collection begins to exceed those limits it is time to differentiate between what I want and what I really need. So, I donate a few items and all is good.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    300 bras??

Yeah, you could halve that, and still have waaay too many, IMO.

Purging is never the way to go.

*However*...

There's definitely nothing wrong with "selective purging." Heck, GG's do it all the time.

Don't like it anymore? Get rid of it.

Don't wear it anymore? Get rid of it.

Doesn't fit anymore? Get rid of it.

Etc., etc.

If it makes sense, donate it to wherever you believe it would best be served. Others could potentially like/wear it.

And if it shouldn't be donated, toss it.

Of course, you could also try to sell it like on eBay or something. Raise a bit of cash, maybe to make room for some new things & so you're not spending "new" money?

I went thru a bit of a selective purging like a month ago or whatever. Just some things that I had purchased like a year ago when I first started getting back into CD'ing. Realized they weren't for me, and not the direction I wanted to go in. So, off they went.

Anyway, keep in mind that there can be a bit of an "obsession" aspect with all this, with some people at some times. Advice for any & all: Try not to get caught up in all of it in an unhealthy way.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Maria, that is a perfectly sound theory. Like yourself, I retain everything female I have acquired that still fits. And I'm a bra hoarder. I am obsessed with their form and function. Such beautiful pieces of engineering.
    And all of my outfits start with the foundation. I like the appearance of every stage of dressing. It's a throw back from when my mother would parade around in everything except her dress as she got us ready for school in the morning.
    So now go and be a good little housekeeper and sort out all of your bras. Of course, after you're appropriately dressed and made up!

5_4_0364p.JPG
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by laurababe View Post
    300 bras??

Yeah, you could halve that, and still have waaay too many, IMO.

Purging is never the way to go.

*However*...

There's definitely nothing wrong with "selective purging." Heck, GG's do it all the time.

Don't like it anymore? Get rid of it.

Don't wear it anymore? Get rid of it.

Doesn't fit anymore? Get rid of it.

Etc., etc.

If it makes sense, donate it to wherever you believe it would best be served. Others could potentially like/wear it.

And if it shouldn't be donated, toss it.

Of course, you could also try to sell it like on eBay or something. Raise a bit of cash, maybe to make room for some new things & so you're not spending "new" money?

I went thru a bit of a selective purging like a month ago or whatever. Just some things that I had purchased like a year ago when I first started getting back into CD'ing. Realized they weren't for me, and not the direction I wanted to go in. So, off they went.

Anyway, keep in mind that there can be a bit of an "obsession" aspect with all this, with some people at some times. Advice for any & all: Try not to get caught up in all of it in an unhealthy way.
    I'm with Laura! About twice a year I go thru my fem wardrobe very selectively looking for items that no longer fit, are no longer in style or age appropriate or I no longer wear and donate to good causes. It could be the women's shelter or to women who lost everything in a fire or a flood. It makes me feel food my former treasures will be used by another women to enjoy and it makes room in my fem closet for me to go shopping for new treasures.

I am a bit the same way, Very difficult for me to let anything go.

Have had to Purge for various reasons over the years, there was alot of really nice items
    that I have had that had to go, just because my world would not accept it.

But now that I am at the age I am, and I accept this side of me, The purging days are over
    but having had to purge in the past, it makes it difficult for me to let anything go.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Reality Check
    The reason I have trouble getting rid of clothes is that I paid good money for them and it feels like I'm throwing good money away. Nothing is worn out, I just have clothes that I bought that looked a lot better on the hanger than on me.

I do have too many things and they've got to go at some point.

Carla, that's an adorable picture! You look so lovely!

Laura has it right. Don't wear it anymore, don't like it anymore, etc.

The eBay idea is good, as is etsy.com. Lots of people simply getting rid of unwanted items.

If you have to purge, then may as well let someone else enjoy the stuff. When I've purged, I pack up a bag or two, call up one of my gurlfriends, and see if they want to meet for lunch or something, then make the exchange afterwards. They're always excited at the thought of new clothes!

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I've been trying to reduce the amount of clothing I have and do a selective sort from time to time. One thing I ask myself is "Would I wear this out of the house?" If the answer is no, it needs to be in the donate bin. Another question is "Does it fit, and if not, will it fit within a month?" If at the end of the month it still doesn't fit, it needs to go in the donate bin. Is this item close to a duplicate of something else in the closet or drawer? Donate it if it is. Will you ever have a chance to wear this item ever again? Really? When? Donate it. Then it's the question "yes, it's fun to wear but does it really flatter you or is it just something that is fun to wear but won't ever see the light of day?" If it's one of those things that only works on stage or in a fantasy world, it probably needs to make room for something else. Finally it's "Honestly, would a woman your age and size wear this in public this afternoon or evening?"

I'm struggling to make space and need to get cutthroat with my wardrobe. I really don't need 7 black skirts, even if they are all just a little different in length or material. I really don't need multiple bras in the same style but just different colors because I don't wear anything that would show them.

But I like them all.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I'm in the "better keep, cause, you never know" category...especially with items that fit and look good. I've never purged. It's fun to go through "old" stuff and find things you'd forgotten about. When my wife cleans out her closet, I get to go through her things before they go to Goodwill. It's great.

First and foremost you have a very special wife, Congratulations. I also hate to throw anything away because immediately I want to wear and don't have it.

300 bras? How do you even decide which one to wear? Currently I have six and think that is too many.

Well . ..... think of how many cantaloupe holders and double-barreled slingshots Maria could make!

Indeed I am a little like you as I don't get rid of old clothes often enough. I have a fetish for classic style slips and I don't want to throw any away as they are so hard to come by now. Also I find it really thrilling to rediscover a pretty slip that I have not seen for some time as it was hidden at the back of the closet. As soon as I make the discovery I have to put it on and savor the thrill.

Platinum Member
    Hi Maria , With three closets full of clothes and if I hooked all of my bras together they would probably reach
    all the way around the block also 150+ pairs of shoes, My story sounds a lot like your story

Once in a while I will donate some things that I really don't want anymore to Goodwill.

At almost 75 it's time to slow down on buying more new clothes and shoes. >Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I don't have an extensive wardrobe, but the concept of out with the old, in with the new, is one that I can accept.

Karen