Thread: Going for a night out

Question Going for a night out

How do you deal with going out to pubs and bars where ID is often required ?
    I’m at the age where I could still be asked for ID and I’m not sure a bouncer would believe my ID card

Not needing Id however I might suggest taking another photo of yourself which could back up your official id but also links you to Jessica 43.

Tell the bouncer you altered your appearance from that old photo. If he doesn't believe you, ask to talk to his boss or a manager. You might find that is all it takes to get you in.

Jessica I'd so love to be in your heels, and know what I know now. Lol go out and have a good time but as some have suggested you might have one that links you to Jessica.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Don't worry too much you are still the same person on the ID, you are just dressed differently.

Banned Read only
    I checked your bio and you're a youngster (22). Firstly, welcome to the forum. You are just going to suck it up and show the ID. If your driver's license is like our state license, it is a head shot. Even if you're presenting in a wig (assuming you do not have long hair) and makeup your facial features are not going to disappear. The bouncer is paid to check ages and not make comments concerning your attire. And, if it is a venue that attracts cross dressers it's just business to him or her,

Jessica,
    Welcome to this forum. I'm sure it won't be more than a temporary problem. Go out and have a good time with your friends.
    Best wishes and I hope you enjoy being a member here.

Proudly show it. They are only interested in ensuring that you have it and are of proper age in case the authorities stop by for a spot check so as to protect their license.

This would be one advantage of getting old. No one asks for my ID, despite my personal perception that I must be much younger than my ID says.

I never had a problem like that and just be yourself and if ID is asked for just show it and say you are dressed up nice.
    Part Time Girl

Silver Member
    First, Jessica, welcome to this fantastic forum. You are 22. How I wish I was able to do as you want to do at age 22. You have a lifetime of feminine possibilities ahead of you that you'll enjoy. Make the most of them!

I ran into this a few times when I was younger and mich better looking. Sometimes there was a double or triple take on the pic and me but never had any real issues .

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I have been carded at many establishments and have never been questioned about it. Just go out and don't worry so much.

I was in Vegas and I was in a store buying beer and she asked me for ID, I was in male mode and didn't bring my wallet with me only a hand full of cash. I asked the girl if she was joking because I was probably old enough to her father or even grandfather and she was very serious about it. The manager came over a took a look at me and told me it must have been flattering to be asked. I told her I guess I wouldn't have had a chance if I was crossdressed, she said you never know after all you are in Vegas.
    Sometimes out just don't know, some staff members take there jobs very seriously even though they know you are of age but feel there job is to ask.

I don't know about other states, provinces etc., but checking I.D. is required by law when buying alcohol in Michigan. It doesn't matter if you're 90 years old, it's the law.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Just hand the ID to the bouncer. He only cares that you're over 21, nothing else. (Unless trans people get in for free, which was the policy of one club I used to go to. Then he'll check that your presentation doesn't match the sex on your ID. )

Quote Originally Posted by Maria 60 View Post
    Sometimes out just don't know, some staff members take there jobs very seriously even though they know you are of age but feel there job is to ask.
    Maria - in some cases, there's a policy that everyone must present ID to buy alcohol. Here in Mass the Alcoholic Beverages Commission runs a lot of sting operations and the consequences of failing are pretty harsh. At my grocery store I get carded every time and everyone in the store knows me. But in the first part of your story you were dealing with a clerk who probably wanted to keep her job -- the manager is probably the one who has discretion.
    Last edited by Pat; 09-23-2017 at 08:59 AM.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.