Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dressing, Appearance, Acceptance

Banned Read only

Dressing, Appearance, Acceptance

Are some females/women; let me correct that and say "even more than we think" are attracted or interested in attractive males that wear some female clothing or completely dress as a woman? Take me for example I was shoe browsing in J.C. Penney's when a female S.A. in her 50's not working in that department saw me and said boot cut jeans and women's boots, "they really look nice on you". I'm not shy so I walked over to her and said "what do you think of me wearing women's clothing", she said absolutely nothing wrong with it, I like how you look. A few weeks later as I was walking out of the store she called to me to come back and wanted to talk and be friendly. At least three other times I've been in shoe stores trying on and walking in heels and women saw me and complimented me on how nice I walk, they also said they saw nothing wrong with wearing female clothing. If women can look so nice in (for example) in heeled boots, jeans and top couldn't a male (not fat) also wear the same thing and look similary as nice as she? Women's clothes fit a fit body so nicely and so many flattering colors and combinations. Are there "more than we think" women that think a fit male body can look nice in female clothes and they think he looks better wearing it than male because it shows his body better? If they saw more men integrating some pieces of female clothing in how they dress, would it take root/acceptance? Of course only crossdressers would be interested in this but wouldn't it help normalize CDing. Women's shoes/boots with heels look better under jeans than men's flat shoes. Women's jeans show off a male body/butt just like on a woman. A woman's top/tee looks equally nice as unisex. Isn't wearing male or female underwear a personal choice and not your spouses or anybody else's business? Are you sick of seeing men in those awful dark suits and ties? Time to add a little fem to your wardrobe when dressing and going out, I Do.

I think many women are accepting and perhaps encouraging of male crossdressers when they have no personal relationship with them. Conversely, I think most women dislike the idea of their husbands or sons being crossdressers. My sister in law is as liberal and pro LGBTQ as a person can get, however, when her 18 year old son came out as mtf trans she went into a deep depression and has remained there. She avoids dealing with it and has done little to accept her son as a woman. It's easy to be accepting and encouraging when you only briefly encounter a person but much more difficult when that person is a part of your daily life. Sometimes I think we forget this and consequently create some overly optimistic expectations of those who are close to us.

Platinum Member
    Hi Deebra, That is an interesting theory ......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

There are many practical reasons for men to wear heeled boots and tuck their jeans into them. None of which apply to almost all of us. A one inch heel is for walking while a two inch heel is for riding. The most common heel is right in the middle at 1.5 inches. I agree, good boots and tight jeans make everything look better.

I know I have a great pair of saddle horse riding boots. The heel is probably 1 1/2 " tall but it is slightly curved inward toward the dole of the foot. This is to prevent the foot slipping into the saddle styrup and becoming hung witch in some horses is a death just waiting to happen. I used to rife a few bucking horses and " break them out" as we call it when we had a bigger ranch. I did try my luck at Rodeo but I am really too top heavy to ride the fast Broncs. The Bulls I tried I had more success with as they are not as fast and don't cut out from under you.
    Now in college the gals use to love the rodeo guys as we wore some really tight butt forming wranglers. For looks we wore our wranglers tucked into the boots when we rode as most had chaps on when we rode and only our butts stuck out behind the chaps. I can honestly say the girls dig a tight butted cowboy as the Cowboys loved the tight jeans on those skinny legged cowgirls. Tight little butts and broader shoulders turned the women on. Both genders loved this attire.
    Now the wranglers have flare legs shirts are now made more for comfort and boots have gotten flatter in the heels than the riding heels. I can say the colors have changed also men's are plain Jane solid colors and the girls are brighter. Even my dad used to wear a scarf tied around his neck to keep the sun off. He had a hat n mom wore a bonnet. Dad had a red silk looking scarf and moms bonnet was low in the back, but both were to keep the sun from burning the back of their neck. Even Roy Rogers ( all you young guys can look him up) he wore a satin shirt tight pants and tall heel cowboy boots. He was also call called king of the Cowboys. I think the clothing manufactures realized somewhere that women would spend more money on clothes than males. Today really only the sports and rodeo events do the guys wear brighter clothing or so it seems to me and comfort is the big thing.

Banned Read only
    Some women, not all, are more accepting of just about anyone. In their personal relationships cross dressing does not go over well. If you're a woman, you are looking for a man. Or if you're a woman looking for a woman, then a man wearing women's clothing is not going to be your choice either. I think when women have an encounter with a well dressed cross dresser, she does not feel threatened. On the other hand men do not appear to be accepting of cross dressers or openly gay men because they seem to view interaction with them as a threat to their perception of masculinity. Sort of guilt by association.

I don't think you would get the same reaction from sales associates if you did not dress nicely and act cordially. I've seen some very poorly dressed and not so presentable cross dressers over the years, and, there seemed to be a tendency to avoid them because there was a perception of a threat of some sort.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I have been complimented countless times, or given a thumbs up, when I've been out dressed. By women. Not men.
    However, not one of them showed any sign they were ATTRACTED to men in dresses or to me!

Have any other theories, Deebra? Maybe about unicorns?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I don't think women are attracted to us. But I do think they accept us far better than male when we are out and about. And they will talk about about what to wear and such as they are always talking about that.
    Part Time Girl

Silver Member
    As has been said, females may be more accepting of males CDing, but when it comes to their man, NIMBY.

Banned Read only
    Deebra,
    I personally think some women are attracted to CDers. Some of the GGs at my social group are totally happy with their CDing partners.

I spend as much time talking to them as I do to the CDers , they are genuinely complementary .

SAs are different because they are paid to provide a service , even so you can tell when they aren't happy , all the GGs I've dealt with have been fine and great fun but the male SAs do struggle with some issues. I asked a young guy about some heels for me , he made an excuse about going to the stock room and a female SA came back and took over .

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    In my experience most women are accepting of CD's, all the women I interact with are very complimentary and ask where I bought my outfit and want me to teach them how to do makeup. But as a love interest or sex partner, not so much. Yes they are out yhere but few and far between. In the almost 2 years I've been presenting female when out in public I've hooked up like 4 times and 2 of those was just kissing.

I have not had the opportunity to meet, speak and interact with women dressed other than with the women in the professional makeovers. I would love to have that conversation but never had

I have found both men and women in my area are accepting we are however moving onwards as a liberal society and such acceptance is growing as well as the dressing and appearance parts go.
    Its the appearance that matters most I believe in blending in for most times it is easier, not blending could create a feeling of being uncomfortable and/or nervous no one should have to go through that.

I'm out and live as Jean, a transgender person . First I would say that woman are not attracted to a man in a dress, and for the most part gays don't like us. There are exceptions in my life, those I attribute to them getting to know me as a person. They look past how I'm dressed. Also I find that when I'm with my friends I find people are quicker to accept me. Also guys are ok with me in a group setting not so much on a one on one setting. Some women are the same. I think it is that they are afraid that there may be some issue with the general public if we were out together. Tho I do get treated differently some times. Like a complete stranger coming up to me , saying how brave I am, how much they support me, hugging me. My friend's are a little defensive and taken back when they see this. My best friend Robyn a GG, is use to it now. How I'm dressed does play a big part. I'm treated better when I'm in heels , mini skirt, and a low cut top. I'm 61, I do not dress my age or to blend. I hang with the in crowd. More people know me than I know them. I'm accepted as one of the girls. Basically I have transitioned socially, this was pointed out to me the other day. I'm the kind of person that goes all in, I believe this has lead to more people accepting me.

All we can do is speculate. Many members on this site have told of being accepted, admired or complimented by women whom they have met in public. I have one anecdote of meeting a woman working in a bookshop while dressed. She served me without any comment and with a smile on her face, but while I was there her husband came in to ask something of her and his disapproval was palpable.

I would say that there is a HUGE difference between polite compliments about your appearance and thinking you look better than in male clothes.
    Last edited by Micki_Finn; 09-22-2017 at 05:40 PM.

Banned Read only
    Consuelo,
    Maybe you're assuming his attitude was palpable for the wrong reasons, we often think our CDing always causes a problem perhaps that wasn't the case .

Micki,
    You could have a point there, I hope and wish I do look better dressed because that is how I prefer to present myself . I'm either one or the other and not that many have seen both to compare , I have had one comment telling me I do and then went on to make a very polite pass at me .

Women are wired as differently as we are , something inside them may find a CDer genuinely attractive , we often talk about guys having an attraction for whatever reason so why not a woman . It may not be entirely sexual, she may truly believe a CDer makes a very good friend and companion. How many of us would give anything to have a relationship like that, I certainly would .
    Last edited by Teresa; 09-22-2017 at 05:58 PM.

Banned Read only
    Karen I like what you said " many women are accepting and encouraging of crossdressers", I hope it's true.
    Teresa your comment that a woman might find a Cder makes a very good friend and companion with attributes such as clothes shopping, gentler than a man and the feminity also comes with after dark male benefits.
    I like my look when wearing my long black boot cut women's jeans over my 3" heel women's swade black boots. The boots make my feet look smaller. Love walking in the tight jeans and 3" heels, for me it really turns on the feminine feeling. If one can get out of that old school thinking, if they like this look on women, it's the same look on a male from the waist down; for goodness sake, loosen up, it's 2017. Remember when Unisex hair cuts were just the "norm", why not clothing???

Reality Check
    I suspect in your case and in the case of most salespeople, she was nice and complimentary to you because she wants to sell you stuff. That's her job.

It would be a rare woman who would prefer a crossdresser to a "normal" man for a husband. Some would find it fun for a short term relationship or a few casual dates but not "forever".

Aspiring Member
    I have several times been told I look better in women's clothes than men's. I have never had the impression that a woman is interested in me as a possible partner when I have been dressed. One friend who had seen me lots of times as Susan asked to meet the male version. She knew me right away and said she was a bit disappointed - she was expecting me to be taller as she was used to me in heels, and she was expecting me to be more smartly dressed (I was wearing a smart jacket and tie too!).

So I possibly DO look better in women's clothes than men's but not a single woman has been attracted to me in women's clothes - I have been more fortunate in men's. So looking better is a relative term.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    A lot of wishful thinking on the part of the CD to think a woman will think a man looks better dressed in womens clothes.
    Its a nice thought sure but is it really going to happen?
    Its possible in a rare case but not often.

Aspiring Member
    It seems to me that women are curious and appear accepting, as long as it's not their husband. They are friendly to crossdressers but don't want to make love to one.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    It sure looks that way to me too.

I've had women complement me on my make up and my dress style. But I can't say I've had any seem to be attracted to me. I guess if you look too good you're "competition" or not that good you'd be an "embarrassment". Now, I'm not saying we compete with women, because they are what many of us strive to look like.

What wonderful news! And where, exactly, are all these women who are attracted to crossdressers?
    Inquiring minds want to know, or it's just a lot of baloney.
    We'd all love to know that there are so many women dying to date crossdressers. We read here on these forums whenever someone meets a single female who hasn't said anything negative about one of us to his face. We even get occasional threads where some guy won the crossdresser lottery and found a woman who's willing to role play and dress him up. More often, we get the story of an accepting woman who simply doesnt reject him outright.

None of that indicates that there is any growing attraction for crossdressers among the female population. I see more headlines of people winning the lottery than I do about us meeting women who LIKE guys who crossdress. So I'd say the odds are about in that range.

Otherwise, if you DO know of a source where all these crossdresser enthusiast women are located, feel free to start a referral service for us. Most here would gladly help make you a rich crossdresser if you do, indeed, have a source of loving women who could easily find a crossdresser sexually attractive. In fact, it would be the one time that I'd consider getting married again.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 09-23-2017 at 11:42 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.