Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why

Why

You're looking at the title and probably thinking here is another thread about why do I crossdress. No, I have given up on trying to figure that out. But, as I mature (age) my desire to crossdress has reached new, higher levels. I really believe that I could live 24/7, 365 as a perminent crossdresser. I love cute shoes, silky thigh highs, painted nails and all of the other stuff. Maybe I'm in a mid to later life crisis? I did buy a sports car, but I love to drive it while dressed. Perhaps some of you here can relate to my feelings. It's starting to sound like I'm rambling, sorry for that.
    Love, Sabrina

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Nope I totally get where you are coming from.

As you get older, you do start to look out more for yourself. Hopefully you will find your happy medium.

Especially true in my case, since I didn’t dress for 38 years. Now I’m in my 60’s.
    Not a woman, I just enjoy looking and feeling like one now and then!

The progression for me was extreme interest from 5 or6 until early teens, slightly diminished interest in mid- to late-teens and until I was in my late twenties. Increasing interest through the next decades until now I could be like Sabrina and dress almost all the time. Don't know why. Is it hormonal? I have no idea but I do know that I love to dress up and look as feminine as I possibly can. I love being a fetishistic transvestite or whatever other label can be put on me and I don't plan to change.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I too have found the desire to dress has increased, especially in the last couple of years. I really do feel, given the opportunity, that I could spend long periods of time as Diane rather than my male self. Mid life crisis?, hormones? I'm not sure but I can certainly relate to what you are saying.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Platinum Member
    Hi Sabrina , I have 15years on you and I still feel the same way >Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I fully understand since I did not start until I was 64.Now I am 75 and the urge is stronger.My wife knows and accepts and I dress at home more than ever, but now face a new delema. Had a serious foot injury and can no longer wear any type of shoe with a heel and am trying to reinvent myself and find a way to dress that is age correct, but still very attractive. It appears that you have no real restrictiins and assume that you have no wife or SO to restrict your sdesire. Go for it. Life is short and we need to make the most of our time.

I totally relate. I am in the closet and I hate it.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    No question in my case yes as I'm basically coming out to coworkers and such yes 24/7 is something I consider.
    I'm really leaning towards being more then just a CD for sure

Banned Read only
    Sabrina,
    Maybe forget the WHY question and just enjoy it .

That big WHY question has lead me to come to the point of separation, the Why question in that context is because my needs are are greater than my wife's acceptance level.

I intend to go full time or thereabouts when I move into my new home, no it isn't a mid life crisis it's finally accepting your true feelings , I could describe the clothes in your terms but they are basically the window to the World of your inner needs. 24/7 does mean a rethink on more practical clothes, something to keep me warm and dry when I walk the dog, suitable items for tending the garden and mowing the lawn and something simple to slip on when you have to make a mad dash to the supermarket for a forgotten item .

It's also why I asked the question of wearing a wig full time, that will have to happen , MIAD isn't !!
    Last edited by Teresa; 09-22-2017 at 06:29 PM.

I was 24/4 at my transformation! I am not out at work and that is the sticking point now! I need the job and could, maybe lose it if i came out! Otherwise except for my daughter and she would have to live with it or leave, I could do 24/7 but for now without surgery or hormones! I will just live one day at a time! The journey goes on! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Hopefully, when you finish your midlife crisis, the desire to crossdress will remain.

I hear you...loud and clear. Ditto. Enjoy.

Aspiring Member
    I find that as I get older, I do get bolder. I couldn't care less about who knows. However my wife wants me to keep it limited to the home and private. So I do.

Why do I crossdress? It's just the way my brain is hardwired. I believe that when I crossdress my brain releases a host of feel good neurotransmitters (dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin, etc.). That's why crossdressing improves my mood.

I've reached 78 years and the desire has not diminished. I have occasionally suffered from the lack of desire to dress, but that has always been followed by a renewed desire.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    6 lines definitely doesn't count as rambling.

Tell us about driving while dressed. Is it a convertible?
    I used to have a short attention spa

Nope, not at all. I'm not even 40 yet an I feel like I could go the rest of my life living en femme

No my dear ,,we all feel that we need to reach 24/7 dressed as a girl ,, and love most of woman dresses , make up , SHOES ,....and other stuff ,,,but there are restraints to some of us ...we share with you the same feeling indeed ...
    Cross-dressing is a cross between woman's soul and man's heart.....

I understand and agree with you. As I get more comfortable with cross dressing, I enjoy it more. Getting all dressed up makes me feel good about myself. I feel like I found myself.

Same as the rest. I'm being pulled into the Femme realm deeper and deeper. I'm not fighting it anymore. I gave up asking "why" now its "how"? Love being girly.
    Lace and Smiles!
    Lisa

Banned Read only
    If young women and their clothes weren't so sexy, soft and curvy and smelled so good like the perfume they wear we wouldn't have this problem!!!

I some what dressed im younger day got married still here and there, Then 11 years ago when I came out to my wife. Now I wear panties 99 % of the time And dress almost 100% at home . I never get to the point of going out dressed And I'm good with that.
    Angie

wishing on a star! Rebecca Star's Avatar
    The generic male chromosome makeup is XY (X being Female, Y being Male), and generally from around the age of 40 Male T-Levels decline. Add that, to holding a predisposition/desire to CD, and it could very well be why the urges increase as one gets older. Could also speculate that as one gets older, one's own mortality becomes a daunting reality. Only have to spend time on forums such as these, to see that some males decide to live 24/7 en femme, or even decide to transition in these later years.

I don't hold the answers, but it's a great topic to discuss and share. Thanks for opening this up, and sharing Sabrina, and thanks to others too
    ~ it's not how the world sees you but how you see yourself that counts ~
    free professional make-up tips and self help videos | free professional hair styling videos and tips

my first time dressing was due to getting in trouble in catholic school as a 2nd grader ( I was about 8 years old). I was picking on one of the girls in my class and the nun that was the teacher decided that since I liked to pick on the girls I needed to experience what it was like to be one. She made me wear a girls jumper style uniform and blouse for the rest of the day and the next day also. Needless to say I learned my lesson about picking on girls but loved the feeling of the uniform, from that day on I was hooked. I didnt really dress much until I reached my mid 40s and now dress as much as possible.