Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why

I do not look at this as a "WHY" but more of a why not I am heading slowly towards 24/7 at the moment I am about 90% there and very comfortable with what and where I am. I love the clothing (and in any case far cheaper than buying boring old drab stuff) and I do not ever see my life reverting back to being 24/7 drab.
    This is a lifestyle to be enjoyed and to gain inner well being from such. The big thing for me is not having to be in a closet. get up in the morning get dressed en femme nearly every day at the moment. Its not a matter of why but more of a why not let me enjoy what I have got for all its worth.

Rebecca, The only thing I would add is that for some the need to dress more often may increase due to the fact that it feels so good and natural. For others it just may be that their gender dysphoria becomes unbearable and they must do what ever it takes to bring their outer form into alingement with their inner being.

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    I know as I age(I just turned 60) the urge to dress grows stronger. I too want to spend more time as Joanne but my spouse is totally against my dressing.

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    I eventually realized my desire waxes and wanes with my mood. My peak desire to dress happens when my mood is at its best and vice versa.

The desire to dress was always hidden in my life until my 40's. After struggling to overcome the desire, I finally surrendered and went totally out of control. As I grew older, I came to realize that I could never achieve being a perfect woman in my own mind. With the help of my wife, I came to the point in my life where dressing on occasion was sufficient to meet my desires.

Of course in my mid 70s my desire to come out of the closet grows but circumstances prevent it. Oh dear,

I love to drive my sports car while dressed on the back roads here in SC. It is a hard top with 6 speed manual transmission. It's fun shifting gears in high heels, managing the hills and curves on rural roads.
    Love, Sabrina

Reality Check
    Yea, I could live 24/7, 365 as a permanent crossdresser as well but I couldn't put up with all the hassle from friends, neighbors, family and strangers. I could pull off the look but not the voice, mannerisms, etc. I do dress nearly every day for a few hours but sometimes I have to leave the house and actually do things as Homer, not Krisi.

Of course, if you're going to live as a woman full time, it would be much simpler to get the surgery and not have to worry about the prosthetics.

Although not publicly out, I define myself as gender non-conforming. If I could personally I would appear as Emily 24/7 as well. I feel so much more comfortable, natural, and confident in female associated clothing than I do in Male's. I need to work on my makeup skills, but I would wear makeup all the time too. I'm 19 and currently living with my parents. I go to school and have a part time job, but whenever there's the opportunity too, I get dressed up. I'll have the house to myself next weekend, and I can't wait to be able to roam my house as Emily!

Silver Member
    Emily, at your age, you are so fortunate that you've begun your trip into femininity.