Thread: Driveway encouter

Driveway encouter

One day last week I was going to get my mail, bring in a recycle bin and get my paper from the driveway. I had put on a pair of men's pants and a shirt over my nightgown and robe and my smaller breast forms. I also was wearing men's shoes as well as my male glasses. My nails were polished, my mascara and some eye shadow remained and I had on my woman's watch.

Usually, I can do these errands without seeing any of my neighbors. However, this day, one of my women neighbors (she happens to be a bit nosy at times) came down her driveway and called for me to come over. I was holding my mail and was doing my best to not let my polished nails show. She wanted to tell me that she was the one who had been moving my paper off the driveway when I was gone for a weekend. Of course, I thanked her.

No mention was made of the feminine things I had on was mentioned. I find it hard to believe that she did not notice. Oh well, other neighbors have seen me come and go before and no mention has of been of that. One never knows what might happen.
    Hugs, Carole

Sometimes I wonder if we cross dressers believe we wear the "cloak of invisibilty". I'm sure my neighbors have figured out something as I usually collect the paper in a nightgown with a caftan style robe over it. One morning I noticed that the lady across the street was staring at me as I walked back through my gate with paper in hand. However she has not mentioned anything, so who knows.

Platinum Member
    Hi Carole , I think that some people are just too embarrassed to say anything. >Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I posted this in another thread, but I thought it would be appropriate to copy it here, too.

"OhmaGAWD, Mildred, come look at this! That feller across the street over thar is wearin' a DRESS!!"

"Why, yes he is! Cute heels, though ....."

Banned Read only
    I think we all are afraid if someone sees us they're either going to run away screaming or attack us in a fit of rage.

While both of those are possible, in reality most people don't notice or really don't care.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Glad there was no hoopla over it.
    My neighbors all except for one have only seen me in 50/50 or girl mode so its normal.
    The one across the street has been the 30 years and I have been here 27 so they are used to my ways and its no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Carole , I think that some people are just too embarrassed to say anything. >Orchid......
    Or too polite...

"Polite" is a difficult thing to find lately, Micki. It seems to have gone the way of common sense

I think people are just caught up in their own world and sometimes don't even notice or are too polite to mention anything! I am not out to the neighbors but when I went to the mall I walked from the house to the car dressed! They may have noticed or maybe not! Not heard anything! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Acceptance is far greater as time goes by I have felt it particularly in my hamlet, taking recycling bags up the road dressed everybody knows, nobody says boo to a goose over my lifestyle. As the saying goes "Wear it and be proud" and be yourself.

Carole, Discretion is the better part of valor. Some people are just not going to say anything, at least to you.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Jamie has it here "discretion is the better part of valour" for sure better to err on the side of caution then to have a problem. I am one of the lucky ones all my neighbours know, fare enough, I am not gloating over my position but one sometimes has to be careful with what they do even me I respect my neighbours and they respect me in both "Ways".
    But I do think that once a next door neighbour finds out, suspects or knows there is no longer the need to worry about "Oh I'm dressed will they notice of I take the rubbish sacks out?". Another thing is, does it come down to confidence to go down the drive dress? yes in the beginning then it becomes second nature.
    Last edited by Bobbi46; 09-22-2017 at 07:12 AM. Reason: misspelling

I know what you mean. We live in a very quiet neighborhood so I've "chanced" it many times. Almost every a.m. I get the paper dressed in women's shorts, bra, panties, and a top. I also wear a bra and panties with a little makeup and perfume while mowing the grass. A couple days ago, while mowing the grass, our next door neighbor came over to ask me a question. I started to panic, but thought I'd see what happened. Nothing happened...she asked her question, I responded and we chatted a little. I caught her looking at my chest, wondering if she noticed my bra, but she didn't show or say anything. So, who knows? I plan to continue.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I found a foolproof way to NEVER let anyone know u dress.

Don't ever go outside dressed!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Silver Member
    All my neighbors knew until we had a couple homes change hands. I'm sure it won't be long till they know either from being told or seeing me out. As I've told before I've gone out to get my paper and had my robe blow in the wind showing the bottom of my night gown. One neighbor woman was getting her paper at the same time I was one morning. She started talking to me and as we were standing their holding our robes closed while the wind blew showing the bottoms of our long night gowns.

Carole, I,too, have had a similar experience where I was dressed in my nightie and robe and was out getting the garbage container to the curb when my neighbor came over to chat . I think that she never noticed the lace edging of my nightgown showing from under my robe, but the appearance was distressing.

Reality Check
    It's simple. If you don't want your friends and neighbors to know you are a crossdresser, don't crossdress around them. If you walk out of your house in feminine clothes, neighbors will see you. Count on it.

On the other hand, if you don't care, don't worry about it. You have the choice.