Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not as big a secret as I thought

My GF knows it her sister n family knows it people living upstairs know it n neighbors most likely know it since I walk my dogs wearing girl shorts. With t shirts all summer long. So far I only seen a smeark here and there but I'm always ready for brutal comments. I have never expierienced anything negative yet.

The MOAS comment by Cheryl intrigues me. We place a big burden on our SOs expecting them to protect our secrets. What we think is good for us is not necessarily good for them.
    My ex had two very close girlfriends and tired of not being able to have them drop in or if they were out together and a friend was dropping her off, not being able to invite them in. What if her friend just wanted a quick trip to the restroom and I was in full Fem?
    She cured that problem by confiding in them and it worked out very well. After the initial visits, it was as if what I was wearing was of little importance. These gals were also married and we often would go out as couples together and to my knowledge neither of them ever told their husbands. There might be a little good-natured teasing if say we were dancing, partying, one might pat my butt and whisper “Got your panties on, Jackie?” but it was all in good fun.
    In hindsight, maybe expecting her to keep it all to herself was asking too much.

Only my SO knows except for people here. Only one cd has met me in person and we were both in drab so it was out there. I've thought of telling my mom or my younger brother( out of my 4 brothers), but why? Everybody has enough stress
    In their lives without mine. Initially it was rough for my wife and it would be worse if I was going around town and out ,
    But that's not the case.
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

My SO knows, the members here and at my meet up group, the occasional uber driver and my mother.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

To date the people who know are my wife, her best friend, her husband, my mother and sister, a fem cousin of mine whome I've visited dressed and a fem work colleague, the only people who have seen me dressed in the flesh so to speak are my wife and cousin, I've shown pics to my mother, sister,my wife's friend and the work colleague and shared online Facebook pics, generally with my face blurred, so the circle is growing but I still feel relatively secure.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    It's great to know I am not the only one whose wife told at least one of her friends about. I'm pretty sure thevteo ladies I wprked with who knew didn't say a word to anyone, after all, they shared their own secrets with me that I kept confidential. I am worried though that if my mother in law figures it out (she may have already) that she won't keep it quiet, but I don't know.
    Life is too short to be boring.

Reading the thread, I started thinking "who know me as a crossdresser?" and then started to check that statement. Got stuck on - who is then me? Some write that members of this forum knows and in a way maybe, but that must be very few that knows both sides of the transgender person. I myself participates in a social group where I present as Marie but very few may have seen me in my man persona. They know that I'm not full time so they are aware of "the other" but in practice this other is unknown to them. Essentially, only my wife sees me as man and as transwoman. Some others have seen only a picture of Marie. That is just a glimpse of me as Marie, but it creates a certain awareness of me as CD.
    As to the topic of the thread - about secret getting spread. Some years ago I made an animated gif from a photo of myself and a photo of my aunt when she was young. (You can see a non-animated version in https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...93-Resemblance here). I thought it was a funny thing and sent it to a female cousin in the mail. A neutral comment came back and also mentioning that she had sent it to her brother. I didn't expect that, but had expected a question if I had any objectives of her sharing it. So next time I think of doing the same, I will certainly tell that I would like to have control of the sharing the other party would think was proper and suitable. Not that it meant any harm this time. Neither of them even mentioned it when we met later.
    Last edited by Marie-Jo; 09-25-2017 at 09:07 AM.
    Marie