Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First time outside in heels!

Following your progress it was inevitable that you'd take these steps. What's next? Out and about with muggles around? Going into a store browsing, chatting to a SA. These things will happen and you'll be left wondering why you didn't do it earlier.
    Well done, looking forward to the next adventure.

Good for you.

Jennie-This shopping center had like 15 cars there at 7:30 and 10 of those were carpoolers and the other 5 were employees getting ready to open at 9:00! I observed one section that would be ideal next time! (no cars at all!)
    Julie-(2" heels) It just felt natural! Just great!
    Allisa-I have one pair of open toe wedges and no closed toe wedges! They are hard for me to find exactly what I want in my size! It only gets better! Girl, I sure hope so! LOL
    Ginni-It is freedom and it is wonderful!
    Helen-Two more goes of this lengthening the walk each time and then...? May be a restaurant for some lunch! For now that will be out of town! Maybe a shopping trip out of town! Who knows but it will happen!
    Thanks for your comments!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Just keep peeling back the onion and things will get easier and easier. Practice, practice, practice! No substitute for experience.

Okay, I'm out of cliches, well done and happy for you!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    Good for you! The first time is so exciting, you'll never forget it. You might try going to the movies. It's a fun,safe outing that is really satisfying. Maybe even a trip to the ladies' room.

Kandi-Baby steps. One day at a time! There are many more but that is enough for now! Thanks!
    Joanne C-A movie sounds good! The ladies bathroom not so much here in NC!
    Thanks for commenting!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Banned Read only
    I still remember some of my first excursions of being out and walking fully en femme, when it was NOT Halloween. Halloween really does not count as it should be renamed "Crossdressing Day." Lana, I don't know your neighborhood in NC. In my small city I like to take walks in the early evening in the fall or winter when it is dark, but not late for a woman to be out. There is a special residential neighborhood with a shopping area of small stores which tend to close up by 7 PM on weekdays. I've donned a pretty dress and heels and have strolled until my desires were satisfied. It rains a lot in western Washington in the fall and winter. An umbrella comes in handy to help obscure my face, and, to some degree my height. The real issue to having a great time walking is to have a comfortable shoe.

I'm glad it was a positive experience for you my friend.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    Halloween really does not count as it should be renamed "Crossdressing Day." .
    I'm calling bull on this statement. Halloween most certainly "counts". A closeted CD, even the ones that are out to their SO's, hardly or rarely go out dressed and this is the perfect day to do so. It's OK if anyone seeing you thinks it's a costume but you know different.

This thread is about Lana getting out there to get some mileage on her heels, a lot of people called it a first step or baby step and it is, going out on Halloween, fully dressed in public, is the step beyond that. Even though it is Halloween, the risk of being outed is still there just the same as walking in a park or business center or whatever.

Every halloween we have this same discussion, that no one will see it as a costume, especially if done well, to deter girls from going out dressed and I say screw that. get out there and get some wind tangling around your legs, hear the clicking of those heels on pavement, and just enjoy the experience. there is no right or wrong way to do this but it is wrong to try and discourage girls from taking another step if they so chose JUST because it's a dress up holiday.

I know from my own personal experience, that halloween opened a door that I try to take advantage of when it's not halloween and i just want to get out there. It helped over come some of the nervousness that I had, while it's still not completely gone, it is a little better than before.
    Last edited by ~Joanne~; 09-25-2017 at 11:23 AM.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Stephanie-A chance to get out is a chance to get out whether Halloween or when ever! It only rains here sporatically! But I will keep the umbrella idea in mind!
    Kate- Thanks, my friend! I am glad you are here!
    Joanne-I agree as getting out is getting out! Two more but longer walks like this and it will be back to the mall!
    Thanks for responding!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Congratulations, and great idea not to over do it with the heals for the first time out. It is hard enough with all the adrenaline coursing through your body and to put a pair of 3" or 4" heals on top of that could be disastrous. Besides women don't usually wear tall heals to go out for a morning walk. I am very happy for you. Stepping out into a bigger world! Brenda

Congratulations on your courage. And thanks for sharing the experiences with us.
    Life is too short to be boring...Alexandra