Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breast Forms Stolen From My Luggage! Mortified and discouraged....

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aprilgirl View Post
    The forms, as expensive as they were, are a lot easier to replace than 4,000 friends.
    IMO the 4,000 friends have about as much value as the box the forms originally came in. Janet did the right thing in deleting such nonsense, and now she can reevaluate her life starting from a solid foundation.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Geez Janet, please don't condemn all of us for a single lout. Perhaps you've created another crossdresser, or at least pulled him out of hiding (40DD is not something you can hide). I hope you cool off before you do something disasterous like a purge. Don't get me wrong though, I would be pissed too.

The job of a TSA agent is to prevent a terrorist attack on an airplane or its passengers. They have a right to search a bag for potentially hazardous items such as explosives, but they have no right to take things from your bag. If they thought the breast forms were "hazardous", shouldn't they have at least informed Janet of their action.

In conversation with the wife of a TSA baggage checker, I mentioned that I always put twist ties around the zip pulls on my baggage to make sure the zips did not open by accident and spill out the contents of the bag. She told me that the baggage checkers just "rip those things off". I was astounded that she thought such arrogant treatment of a passengers belongings was acceptable.

Indeed TSA has a job to do but I find their tactics boorish and overbearing and frankly I wonder if they do much good at all considering the huge amount of cost and waste of passengers time. Air travel has turned into an unpleasant experience caused by TSA people shouting orders at you as you try to comply with all of their silly rules. Flying out of overseas airports also involves a security check but the personnel there behave more courteously and don't shout at you.

I feel for Janet as she had planned an enjoyable trip and it was all ruined for her for no good reason.

On the lighter side maybe the TSA agent is a CD and didn't have the guts to purchase for himself/ herself. But still repulsive. I can imagine the missing panties and bras out there.

makes you wonder what security is really like of its that easy to take stolen items out of thw airport. seems to me tsa workers should be required to have bag search areas video taped as well to watch the tsa agents!

Just to be clear: I don't know who stole them. Usually when the TSA opens a suitcase to inspect it, they leave a card inside to explain what they did. I have had this happen to me before. There was no card in the suitcase this time, for what it's worth.
    "Don't trust everything you read on the internet"- Thomas Jefferson

Just remember you enter an airport you give up all rights to anything and they will do as they please and you can't do crap about it. Wait u til they start check points on the streets.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Sorry about your boobs I hope they were not expensive.

Can you say 1944 Germany.

Janet,
    Just take a deep breath and get on with it......
    Life does suck sometimes and I can see your disappointment in human nature, but there is still plenty of time for you to enjoy life. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by AngieStone View Post
    Someone on facebook posted a clip from an article that stated. From the years between 2003 and 2012 the number of TSA agents arrested 400 number of terrorists stopped by TSA agents 0.
    You know, I hope, that not everything posted on Facebook is factual.

I had a similar experience last June when my silicone hip pads were stolen from my suitcase. I was on a flight from Tel Aviv to San Francisco on KLM-Delta with a layover in Amsterdam. The suitcase missed the connection and took a day to catch up with me in SF. I filed a complaint with Delta, as even though the suitcase was in many hands, they are ultimately responsible for it. I explained that silicone hip pads that were an essential item for a transgender person were stolen from my suitcase. Their values was $200. Within three weeks I received a check from Delta for $200! You should file a claim!

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by CONSUELO View Post
    ................. Air travel has turned into an unpleasant experience caused by TSA people shouting orders at you as you try to comply with all of their silly rules. ........... .
    Have you ever stopped to think of who put us in this situation? It's not the TSA people.

Might not have been the TSA's who did the deed. There are a lot more people who work at airports besides security.

This isn't a "stolen item" article, but take a look at one man's response to United Airlines' refusal to compensate him for damage to his $3500 Taylor guitar by a ham-handed baggage handler.

http://sentium.com/a-public-relation...ws-on-youtube/

That is a bummer. One reason i only use doubled water balloons.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    Janet,
    Just take a deep breath and get on with it......
    Life does suck sometimes and I can see your disappointment in human nature, but there is still plenty of time for you to enjoy life. :-)
    Thank you Beverly, I think I will take your advice. Life is short, and it could be a lot worse! Guess I need to order another pair of forms....

Quote Originally Posted by DevorahK View Post
    I had a similar experience last June when my silicone hip pads were stolen from my suitcase. I was on a flight from Tel Aviv to San Francisco on KLM-Delta with a layover in Amsterdam. The suitcase missed the connection and took a day to catch up with me in SF. I filed a complaint with Delta, as even though the suitcase was in many hands, they are ultimately responsible for it. I explained that silicone hip pads that were an essential item for a transgender person were stolen from my suitcase. Their values was $200. Within three weeks I received a check from Delta for $200! You should file a claim!
    Thanks Devorak. I am starting to wonder if the silicone in forms and hip pads look like plastic explosives on an Xray machine.. Might explain things.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Which airline? If you don't mind sharing this info.

Thanks Devorak. I am starting to wonder if the silicone in forms and hip pads look like plastic explosives on an Xray machine.. Might explain things.
    I have flown many times, including to and from Tel Aviv, which has the highest level of security, with breast forms in my checked baggage. As a matter of fact, in the same suitcase with the stolen silicone hip pads, I had breast forms too. This so far as been the only time any silicone item was stolen. And by the way, they were in an outside zipper pocket which made them easier to steal.

Reality Check
    Next time, wear them. They won't disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer0918 View Post
    Which airline? If you don't mind sharing this info.
    American, flying from Charlotte to Denver.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janet77 View Post
    American, flying from Charlotte to Denver.
    Thanks,and sorry to hear about that.

I'm so sorry to hear this.

I did have a bag that was 100% full of lingerie get searched (with the printed notice enclosed) once. I was mortified but nothing was taken.

I hope you do file a claim and get your money back.